Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The conversion process was literally "throw in random pieces of furniture and call it a mansion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Retrofit of a hotel or AirBnB with a split ductless A/C?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

CarForumPoster posted:

Retrofit of a hotel or AirBnB with a split ductless A/C?

Grover Hostel

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

GotLag posted:

It has the proportions of an old Counter-Strike map

Edit: tell me this isn't an early build of cs_militia or something

agreed, but also this is what it looks like when I make a room in the Sims without realizing how big it's actually going to be and have to start placing furniture..

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

When you chose inexpensive and fast in the triangle.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

GotLag posted:

It has the proportions of an old Counter-Strike map

Edit: tell me this isn't an early build of cs_militia or something

Though it looks nothing like it, it instantly reminded me of the red Doom bathroom.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

StormDrain posted:

When you chose inexpensive and fast in the triangle.

This, exactly.
That is just amazingly sloppy. For one thing the units for the upstairs rooms should be up closer to the top. Long lines are going to gently caress up efficiency, not to mention invite disaster dangling around like that.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Inspired by the first draft of H. P. Lovecraft's darkly imaginative but poorly spell-checked novella, The Wall of Ctuhulhu.

NoSpoon
Jul 2, 2004

Electrician’s apprentice did this in my house. Cut the first two holes measured off the left wall, then turned his ladder around and measured off the left wall.

Wouldn’t have been an issue except he messed up dividing the width of the hallway in half (introducing about half an inch of error) and it turns out the hallway tapers out (another half inch of error). Could’ve hidden half an inch, but not a whole one. Took weeks to fix - builder, plasterer, painter, electrician all had to do their bit and none wanted to deal with an annoying little job.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Design by Junji Ito

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

quote:

So, the roofer (who put this roof on 2 weeks ago) came by and “fixed” the roofing job they just did. Is this normal or am I being over dramatic for a $13,750 job?

More:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wI3HZfB

Everyone says “holy poo poo you got robbed and need to contact some professionals etc.” and OP invariably responds that the original roofer owner is coming out to look. :what:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“Homowner here. Wondering if these vines count under 358.30 for securing my EMT run. thanks in advance!”

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

What are those vines? Hops?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Shattered hops.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

By popular demand posted:

Shattered hops.

And drams

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Inspired by the first draft of H. P. Lovecraft's darkly imaginative but poorly spell-checked novella, The Wall of Ctuhulhu.

Missed opportunity for the horror story literally about air conditioning.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Obviously there are a lot of questions, but uh, anyone have any guesses as to why part of his roof appears to be some sort of jungle/palm print?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Shadows?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Shadows from foliage on the siding.

Bird's nest on top of the light.

Everything else is the employment of marmosets & other woodland creatures to replace the roof.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Huh, yeah, that's probably it. Boring. It looks so similar to the type of monstera/palm/fern type of patterns that have gotten popular lately that's just where my brain immediately went, and I couldn't see anything else.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bad Munki posted:

More:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wI3HZfB

Everyone says “holy poo poo you got robbed and need to contact some professionals etc.” and OP invariably responds that the original roofer owner is coming out to look. :what:

Wow, that person got taken.
That looks like work by someone who has literally never done roofing before.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

imagine coming home drunk

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm the razor thin bannister panel

Rasputin on the Ritz
Jun 24, 2010
Come let's mix where Rockefellers
walk with sticks or um-ber-ellas
in their mitts

My Lovely Horse posted:

On the upside the kriegsmarine won’t be able to determine your range or heading.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's a fancy student dorm, I'm pretty sure the residents won't be able to either

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think I finally understand what a Liminal Space is

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's a fancy student dorm, I'm pretty sure the residents won't be able to either

Coming home from a party drunk is going to be a real adventure.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Props on them for achieving exactly what they were going for. It looks cool as gently caress but yeah, a pretty decent criteria for a hallway is "easily navigable" and well...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

Coming home from a party drunk is going to be a real adventure.

I think this is my litmus test for "is a stairway well designed?" Can you get up the thing drunk without killing or seriously injuring yourself? How likely are you to just give up and puke/sleep on the stairs?

All very important questions in stair design.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm the razor thin bannister panel

That little gap is just there for Jason/Freddie/College Movie Killer #17 to improbably stuff a body into, for the characters to find as they realize they're all gonna die, probably with the lights flickering.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I do like that the lights curve around to the bottom of the next stairs up, lord knows you'll need any waypointing you can get.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

You can probably just hose it down when someone inevitably hurt themselves.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I never seen architecture inspired by The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari before

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 9, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Looking at it more closely, it's got some weird "clipped outside the map geometry and now the textures are freaking out" vibes to it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Warmachine posted:

Looking at it more closely, it's got some weird "clipped outside the map geometry and now the textures are freaking out" vibes to it.

So which level of the Backrooms would this be, then?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
i actually like this

the stairs slide over for laundry room access

the perspective is a it wonky, video here https://www.reddit.com/user/FiguringItOut--/comments/wk0j44/for_the_people_on_rmildlyinteresting_who/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

koshmar posted:

I think I finally understand what a Liminal Space is

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah this is hostile interior design.

"Student: do not linger the emergency stairwell"