Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

this might be the time where i tell myself "i'm gonna learn a fighting game" and then actually do it instead of buying one and noodling in practice for thirty minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

EightFlyingCars posted:

this might be the time where i tell myself "i'm gonna learn a fighting game" and then actually do it instead of buying one and noodling in practice for thirty minutes

Yesss :getin:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy poo poo that was some Streets!

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

EightFlyingCars posted:

It's an enormously rewarding genre. I definitely encourage folks to put some time into it because it's loving awesome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

EightFlyingCars posted:

I've done this like three times and it's never taken lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

EightFlyingCars posted:

this was me with DNF duel last month and probably P4AU this month lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kimberley looks incredible

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes ya just gotta find the right game maybe the right character! And never hurts to pop in the thread or a Discord or something and ask for help with anything too, FGs generally have a shared base set of fundamental skills/thought process but it can be a lot less obvious than like an FPS where you can feel "I should aim better and take more cover". And it can be as simple as having something pointed out like "jump less", there's a lot of simple stuff to pick up before having to think about 100 hit optimal punish combos and junk while still having fun and getting better and beating up on people.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMGWi6hN0j0

RE Engine is so sick. Kimberly and Juri look great.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

^Miguel
Lili
Asuka honestly
Comedy option: play Eddie/ Kuma hit buttons
Dragunov?
Lina

And yeah as a Josie main she has wierd stuff for new players. I know exactly what counter you are talking about lol

I'm a big fan of Kunimitsu at the moment but she's not for beginners

You know, when I was a teen button mashing, I played Jaycee/Asuka in Tag 2, so maybe I'll check them out whenever Tekken 8 drops. I also liked Steve Fox a lot, but he seems even harder than Josie lol. I also like Eliza a lot. I know 2D characters get a lot of flack in Tekken 7, but she seems like the least egregious of them by a country mile.

I'm glad to hear Tekken and SFV top 8 got so much praise. I missed them, but I scheduled a day where I'll watch the vods with a friend, and it sounds like a grand time.

E: I've been pulling for Dudley in SF6, but Kimberley looks dope. Excited to try her out, this game looks gorgeous.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kimberly is the coolest looking new SF character in loving YEARS

Hip hop ninja who uses spray paint as projectiles/ smoke screens

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

teh_Broseph posted:

Sometimes ya just gotta find the right game maybe the right character! And never hurts to pop in the thread or a Discord or something and ask for help with anything too, FGs generally have a shared base set of fundamental skills/thought process but it can be a lot less obvious than like an FPS where you can feel "I should aim better and take more cover". And it can be as simple as having something pointed out like "jump less", there's a lot of simple stuff to pick up before having to think about 100 hit optimal punish combos and junk while still having fun and getting better and beating up on people.

yeah i really just gotta pick one and go with it, part of my problem is that i've got sf5 and ggstrive and also +r and also tekken 7 and also also vf5us and where do i fuckin START

sf6 looks dope as poo poo so maybe i should cut my teeth on 5 for the time being?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blue Labrador posted:

You know, when I was a teen button mashing, I played Jaycee/Asuka in Tag 2, so maybe I'll check them out whenever Tekken 8 drops. I also liked Steve Fox a lot, but he seems even harder than Josie lol. I also like Eliza a lot. I know 2D characters get a lot of flack in Tekken 7, but she seems like the least egregious of them by a country mile.

I'm glad to hear Tekken and SFV top 8 got so much praise. I missed them, but I scheduled a day where I'll watch the vods with a friend, and it sounds like a grand time.

E: I've been pulling for Dudley in SF6, but Kimberley looks dope. Excited to try her out, this game looks gorgeous.

Eliza's honestly a good starter.

She's not hard to play and good buttons and options with more traditional controls

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 8, 2022

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Trailer for anyone who missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMGWi6hN0j0

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Juri's snapshot and gloating is probably one of the best victory animations I've seen in years. It's crazy how much more love and soul seem to be in SF6 than early SFV.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
kimberly looks really good. good job capcom on making long hair that works.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1556498950852870145?s=20&t=BKyO1M_mSVwdXBT-ex3JLQ

Capcom...

Obviously going for that Bob Odenkirk audience.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Bummed we didn’t get a date, more info on whatever the Battle Hub is or a beta announcement but oh well. Will be sad if we have to wait for next summer for this thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

morestuff posted:

Bummed we didn’t get a date, more info on whatever the Battle Hub is or a beta announcement but oh well. Will be sad if we have to wait for next summer for this thing

We've got Tokyo Game Show in September and the Keighleys in December, so there's opportunites.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

EightFlyingCars posted:

yeah i really just gotta pick one and go with it, part of my problem is that i've got sf5 and ggstrive and also +r and also tekken 7 and also also vf5us and where do i fuckin START

sf6 looks dope as poo poo so maybe i should cut my teeth on 5 for the time being?

Yuup there's a lot of cool playable stuff out atm! Imo SFV or Strive would be the most straightforward/easiest to pick up and have fun.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm not an expert but I feel like not wearing shoes on a motorcycle is poor safety.

Juri's looking like a top-notch character I will play for exactly six minutes before never touching again.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/murdoink/status/1556499487861899264?s=21&t=fr-u5vItwu9V1fK_kpTVog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's fine, she hasn't been wearing shoes for years, it's all calluses down there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RED_SNK/status/1556496892548227074?s=20&t=8vEuJRGTRrsd5Sta_WVUCQ

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The correct interpretation of Juri, a weird loser.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
BRIDGET IS COMING HOME TOMORROW

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWOUBwWMakg

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is Juri not evil and just a wierd dork now? Hanging out with Cammy had some positive influence :3:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im glad sony added even more downtime and ad time to evo. its what we've all been waiting for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Is Juri not evil and just a wierd dork now? Hanging out with Cammy had some positive influence :3:

Yeah, according to the German Twitter, she's just looking for the next big thrill now that Bison is gone.

In Training posted:

im glad sony added even more downtime and ad time to evo. its what we've all been waiting for.

So behind schedule Bridget is already out

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bridget seems to have a weird amount of extra frames in those animations, they're stunningly fluid.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the intro is insanely well animated. arcsys is on another loving level there. wish someone would make a full budget movie with those techniques.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

PS blog with more info on the new SFVI characters

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1556497774446751744?s=21&t=fr-u5vItwu9V1fK_kpTVog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also looking at Juri, I just noticed she has a left eye again.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Holy poo poo, Bridget???

I'm still in the SLayer waiting room, but I might invest a lot of time into this kid. He was super fun to play like a jackass in +R, and his song comes across like an absolute banger

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Blue Labrador posted:

Holy poo poo, Bridget???

I'm still in the SLayer waiting room, but I might invest a lot of time into this kid. He was super fun to play like a jackass in +R, and his song comes across like an absolute banger

How did May age into a late teenager but Bridget seems like his old adorkable self?

Unless he's taller than he looks

Also lmao at Bridget being prettier than May

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Juri's always had both eyes, she only wears the eyepatch in sfv because she's a dork. She takes it off after her v trigger.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

In Training posted:

it sucks so fuckin bad so much of it isnt even ads its just 8 hours of blue screen and weirdos rambling and screaming on stage

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

man, fanartists work fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

How did May age into a late teenager but Bridget seems like his old adorkable self?

Unless he's taller than he looks

Also lmao at Bridget being prettier than May
iirc according to the timeline its only like a year between xrd and strive, so i guess may just hit a growth spurt

tho its six years between xx and strive so, idk, maybe bridget just has the femboy genes