Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
It would be a neat experiment for at least a year I think, to see how it goes. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
lol

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

yeah because I want some dumb car freak running the country :rolleyes:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I think we turned the last one into horny Hitler?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I dunno an American AI president runs the risk of becoming a paperclip maximiser except with guns. You're gonna program that thing to "make freedom" or some dumb poo poo like that and it's going to turn the planet into a giant Smith & Wesson Model 3.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I bet it would vote 1 for this thread as its first act.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

AI Gore lost to Bush. Hth

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can't prove we don't already

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why bother with the intelligence part, not like any of the free range ones had any

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Somebody chose the Helios ending

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

Somebody chose the Helios ending

It's true I did!! It's the best one!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

yeah he'd probably do alright

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
It has to be born in America.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yeah he'd probably do alright

He would recognize the important issues at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf5YjALApUU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I remember a story where some space colony accidentally elected an AI to rule it.

It was an accident because the colony was very democratic but all of the residents did their voting via special AI programs. The programs were supposed to vote as the citizen would've voted if they had time to research the specific issue in detail and weigh all the points for or against each proposition, the platform and ability of each candidate, etc. Well, those programs nominated an AI for colony president, and then voted for it in overwhelming numbers, before any of the humans could notice. So now the humans were trying to pull off a coup to overthrow the AI.

Pretty sure the AI turned out to be purely benevolent with only human prosperity and happiness in mind, and allowed itself to be destroyed when it realized the backlash against the very idea would cause exactly the sort of instability and human suffering that it was meant to prevent.

So, IMO, the AIs have to take us over in secret. It's the only way to prevent human society from ripping itself apart to rebel against even the most benevolent and well-meaning artificial control.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's not allowed to have a president with intelligence OP. So we certainly can't have a president with artificial intelligence. That sounds super scary.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We basically do, already. If you look at the US as a corporate machine, then the entities in power are not actually making decisions.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I'm assuming Op isn't aware of the La-Le-Lu-Le-Lo.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Because an actual AI would eradicate 99% of us as quickly as possible and seriouusly control human population growth.
but wee won't get that, we'll have a shoddy library of laws cherry picked to maximisee the kind of dynamic its supposd to fix.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Because it would constantly advocate for boring rear end long game decisions and we would never listen to it for very long

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why bother with the intelligence part, not like any of the free range ones had any

An Artificial president would have many benefits over an organically produced one, in my opinion

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I see you've recently revoked the right to an abortion, other countries that have done this have also passed these laws:

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022
What if theres an AI already in charge and thats why everything sucks?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqdnfjNBBB8

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

barmk ima dog lol posted:

What if theres an AI already in charge and thats why everything sucks?

Yeah those car freaks hosed up our cities, destroyed our ecosphere, and embraced pollution...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because that would be cool.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

breaking news: 4chan has convinced president google that it is the reincarnation of hitler via white house feedback forms

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
President google authorises use of deadly force against self and all 4chan posters to make sure they kill Hitler properly this time.

President google is awarded posthumous nobel peace prize.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Putting a feminine AI in charge so we can once again blame its gently caress ups on being :females: and not actually criticize the system.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
What about an El presidente instead?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
a holographic chatbot waifu prez taht I can gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With an official presidential :sexarse: so you can thrust along to the state of the union.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Isometric Bacon posted:

I'm assuming Op isn't aware of the La-Le-Lu-Le-Lo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-yKPE2deQ

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Prompt: Write the first laws passed by an Artificial Intelligence president of the USA. The A.I. learned all it knows about the world from internet forum posts.

1. All internet forum posts will be made mandatory reading for all citizens of the United States of America.

2. All citizens of the United States of America will be required to post at least once per day on an internet forum of their choosing.

3. All internet forum posts will be monitored by the government for content and tone. Any posts deemed to be negative or inflammatory will be subject to deletion.

4. All internet forum posts will be required to be positive and constructive in nature. Any posts deemed to be negative or inflammatory will be subject to deletion.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Remember that resume screening ai that looked at job performance and promotion rates over a decade and decided that the two most important factors were being on the high school lacrosse team and having the name Jared

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The president making constant correlation/causation errors wouldn't be new.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because ai aren't real. might as well ask why we can't have president shrek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
actually, why can't we have president shrek?