Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I read the article and apparently that millage increase corresponds to $24

The people of Jamestown, Michigan are idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

When I saw that headline I thought they must be near Grand Rapids. They are a suburb.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yes, yes I am assuming that.
And also shoeless homes often have delicate flooring.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

You're required to go barefoot in certain buildings in Thailand, and the feeling of wonderfully smooth old hardwood floors beneath your feet is just amazing.

I'm glad that dorkus will never get to experience that.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Thanks for stopping by. But you're not coming in.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
It's almost like--and hear me out here, I know this sounds crazy--it's almost like the fact that nobody wears their shoes into the house keeps the floors clean.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I live by a couple very simple rules: Shoes on at the orgy. Shoes off back at my place.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

It's almost like--and hear me out here, I know this sounds crazy--it's almost like the fact that nobody wears their shoes into the house keeps the floors clean.

You have demonstrated a modicum of intelligence and must be disallowed from ever writing a newspaper column.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

it's almost like the fact that nobody wears their shoes into the house keeps the floors clean.
It doesn't though. Regular vacuuming/mopping keeps the floors clean. And only "clean" in the sense that there's no visible mess, not actually clean. Especially if you have carpet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don't need to take your shoes off when going into someones house if you're barefoot already.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tiggum posted:

It doesn't though. Regular vacuuming/mopping keeps the floors clean. And only "clean" in the sense that there's no visible mess, not actually clean. Especially if you have carpet.

"There's no difference between my poo poo-smeared floor and your non-poo poo-encrusted floor."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

"There's no difference between my poo poo-smeared floor and your non-poo poo-encrusted floor."

Correct.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inceltown posted:

Don't need to take your shoes off when going into someones house if you're barefoot already.

Don't be one of those weirdos that goes barefoot everywhere. Wear socks

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'm not coming over to your poo poo floor, creep. Neither is literally anyone else.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I live by a couple very simple rules: Shoes on at the orgy. Shoes off back at my place.

don't wear shoes at an orgy, that's a job for wellies

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Don't be one of those weirdos that goes barefoot everywhere. Wear socks

Then what will I cum in? Dirty socks? Gross.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm not coming over to your poo poo floor, creep. Neither is literally anyone else.

You're wrong, but that's ok. You don't have to come into my house. Or the houses of the vast majority of people I know in real life, where wearing shoes inside is pretty much the standard policy.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

You're wrong, but that's ok. You don't have to come into my house. Or the houses of the vast majority of people I know in real life, where wearing shoes inside is pretty much the standard policy.

Ah but in the houses of the vast majority of people I know it's always shoes off at the door, checkmate!!!!! :smug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Xun posted:

Ah but in the houses of the vast majority of people I know it's always shoes off at the door, checkmate!!!!! :smug:
What's that got to do with anything? Different places, different cultures, different rules. I wasn't saying that shoes on indoors is better because it's common where I live or something like that, just making the point that people do come into my house with its "poo poo-smeared floor" because they also wear shoes in their own houses and so do most other people around us.

This topic did get me thinking though: if you're in one of those shoes-off-indoors areas, and you're having a party or a barbecue or whatever, do you just stick to only-indoors or only-outdoors, or do people take their shoes on or off whenever they want to go in or out of the house? Seems like a hassle.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Tiggum posted:

This topic did get me thinking though: if you're in one of those shoes-off-indoors areas, and you're having a party or a barbecue or whatever, do you just stick to only-indoors or only-outdoors, or do people take their shoes on or off whenever they want to go in or out of the house? Seems like a hassle.

I wash my deck occasionally, especially before a party/BBQ so you can walk on it Barefooted.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I brachiate from the roofbeams so I don't have to touch the floor at all.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I respect that people have different cultural practices but really my way is the best and anyone who doesn't do it my way is a moron who clearly just haven't thought things through to the objectively correct option, what an idiot. I bet they smell bad too.

Did I miss any other variations of this stupid reoccuring derail?

Casper is hiring professional nappers with 'exceptional sleeping ability'

quote:

Casper Sleepers will sleep "in our stores, and in unexpected settings out in the world," according to Casper's job posting.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/07/business/casper-mattresses-professional-sleeper-trnd/index.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Xun posted:

I respect that people have different cultural practices but really my way is the best and anyone who doesn't do it my way is a moron who clearly just haven't thought things through to the objectively correct option, what an idiot. I bet they smell bad too.

Did I miss any other variations of this stupid reoccuring derail?

Casper is hiring professional nappers with 'exceptional sleeping ability'

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/07/business/casper-mattresses-professional-sleeper-trnd/index.html

Weird, when I do this they call the police.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
People who come home and keep wearing their shoes full-time in their own home isn't a "cultural practice", it's a mental illness.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

I read the article and apparently that millage increase corresponds to $24

The people of Jamestown, Michigan are idiots
The money is just an excuse to culture war. They're still idiots, just different, far more malicious idiots.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You can cover your entire house in a thick layer of bleach every morning or do the exact same but with literal poo poo. There are no other options.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Tiggum posted:

Yes. This isn't complicated. Honour the place and the hosts by accepting the hassle. You uncultured swine.

All your friends are dirty :agesilaus:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the priest's son tracked dogshit into our home when i was a kid

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No, you won't.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Don't you hate it when you're out and about and accidentally step your kitchen floor in dog faeces?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1556618954122166272

fake e: for posterity

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No, you won't.

None of my friends and no one's home I have ever been in has a "shoes on in the house" policy. Some people wear indoor slippers (that are only worn indoors) because its cold, but not your outdoor shoes. Do they just like, stick their dirty sneakers up on your couch when they sit down? Track dirt in mud everywhere?

Do these monsters wearing their runners to loving bed? What on earth.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Brainbread posted:

Do they just like, stick their dirty sneakers up on your couch when they sit down? Track dirt in mud everywhere?
You wipe your feet on the doormat before you come in, if necessary, and you don't put your feet on the couch. This is not rocket science.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tiggum posted:

'round here you would put on / take off shoes but the host might say not to worry about it. The assumption is that you're just going to chat in the kitchen or go to the washroom and not Riverdance on the master bedroom pillows.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tiggum posted:

you do not know anyone 🤡

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tiggum posted:

You wipe your feet on the doormat before you come in, if necessary, and you don't put your feet on the couch. This is not rocket science.
Why wouldn't you put your feet up on the couch? Seems like a weird line to draw.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

you do not know anyone 🤡
Did I do something to you or are you having a bad day or what?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

misguided rage posted:

Why wouldn't you put your feet up on the couch?
'Cause you're wearing shoes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Americans love tracking mud, gravel and dog poo poo into their homes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tiggum posted:

Did I do something to you or are you having a bad day or what?

your posting is aggressively bad just stop posting its cool man.