Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Takes No Damage posted:

Even when the show covers the actual remodel/labor cost I've heard that a lot of the homeowners on those shows end up getting screwed on their property taxes the following year since all of the "improvements" make their home "worth more".

I don't know if "screwed" is the right word. This is often just how property taxes work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shrimpy posted:

I don't know if "screwed" is the right word. This is often just how property taxes work.

Also property tax evaluations are in no way that quick there is no way even a small % of those are getting immediate tax increases like that.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Shrimpy posted:

I feel like taxes go up = getting screwed is a pretty common concept in a lot of scenarios, particularly home ownership, hyperbolic though it may be. The home owners not considering this eventuality when signing up to be on the show likely also contributes.

socialsecurity posted:

Also property tax evaluations are in no way that quick there is no way even a small % of those are getting immediate tax increases like that.

I don't remember details from the article, but it was about going back and visiting people who had been on these kind of home improvement shows, so I assume they were talking about the following year's taxes not something they got in the mail as the TV trucks were pulling away.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
It's really moreso that the renovations have to work around the timeline of the TV shows, which means it's gonna be rushed. That's why so much of the renos are shoddy overpriced garbage with a nice facade because the shows just need to have a few minutes of film. They don't actually have to live there and don't give a poo poo.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
loving amazing show. i went back and checked and the asian police lady's body only gets shot once in the chest. it looked pretty fatal but since goff is still around maybe superman found the body before it died, assumed she was just comatose and got her to intensive care? the parasites maybe release something to keep the host body alive even through massive tramua, something. i really, really don't want that actress to go she was one of my favourite parts of an incredible incredible season and i would really like the main cast to still have a butterfly on it, and i think it might be interesting seeing goff have to pretend to be her to her family or whatever if there's a rehabilitation arc.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

iirc Gunn used the terms “lawnmower” and “mulch” when describing what the bugs do to the hosts’ brains.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Warbird posted:

iirc Gunn used the terms “lawnmower” and “mulch” when describing what the bugs do to the hosts’ brains.

right someone dragged her out and stuck her on intensive care despite being brain dead so peacemaker can go find it and bring her and goff back. please :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just open the season with a shot of a skull x-ray and some MRI scans and a doctor saying "wow, you survived all that with only a mild concussion and broken nose!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Eek Stack Ik Ik is still alive but with the Cow dead they have no way of creating more food. Any Butterflies who survived the attack are on a strict time limit for how long they can survive here.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

chitoryu12 posted:

Eek Stack Ik Ik is still alive but with the Cow dead they have no way of creating more food. Any Butterflies who survived the attack are on a strict time limit for how long they can survive here.

they couldn't support all of them but peacekeeper knows where the bottling plant is, presumably he could go steal a few boxes to keep his pet/friend/genocidal maniac alive

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a copium emote? There should be.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is there a copium emote? There should be.

i know it's unlikely i'm saying - i would put up with whatever stupid contrived bullshit they string together if they want to bring that actress back. i don't know how long Eek Stack Ik Ik/goff is sticking around but i don't think you'd bring her back without intending for her to find some new host if nothing else so she can talk. i legit would like some kind of redemption or continuation of her story since she correctly identifies herself as a mirror for peacekeeper's silly beliefs and there are a ton of butterflies still in play in maine, even if they are starving presumably they don't do so immediately and still might be relevant next season.

does she learn like peacemaker does from her mistakes or does she wind up doubling down and getting worse, stuff like that.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Jeez. Do you get money if she's in it?

I'm pretty sure Peacemaker season 2 is gonna be moving on from the butterflies. Doesn't seem like the type of show to have a lot of interconnectivity between seasons beyond the central crew and them getting to know each other. Maybe I'll be wrong though.

Personally one of the worst things show can do is keep bringing back characters that were once fun and driving them into the ground and/or giving them nothing to do as well

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

thebardyspoon posted:

Jeez. Do you get money if she's in it?

I'm pretty sure Peacemaker season 2 is gonna be moving on from the butterflies. Doesn't seem like the type of show to have a lot of interconnectivity between seasons beyond the central crew and them getting to know each other. Maybe I'll be wrong though.

Personally one of the worst things show can do is keep bringing back characters that were once fun and driving them into the ground and/or giving them nothing to do as well

I don't think it's weird for someone to think that it was a mistake to kill off that particular character, and both the actress and character brought a lot to the show imo. Comic books come up with all kinds of contrived poo poo to keep bringing characters back all the time, and The Suicide Squad had a character return that literally died on screen in the first movie, with no explanation. I still trust James Gunn to stick the landing with season 2, I don't think the show is irreparably harmed by writing her out or anything, it's just kind of a bummer.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Captain. Boomerang. Always. Comes. Back.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

CoolCab posted:

i know it's unlikely i'm saying - i would put up with whatever stupid contrived bullshit they string together if they want to bring that actress back. i don't know how long Eek Stack Ik Ik/goff is sticking around but i don't think you'd bring her back without intending for her to find some new host if nothing else so she can talk. i legit would like some kind of redemption or continuation of her story since she correctly identifies herself as a mirror for peacekeeper's silly beliefs and there are a ton of butterflies still in play in maine, even if they are starving presumably they don't do so immediately and still might be relevant next season.

does she learn like peacemaker does from her mistakes or does she wind up doubling down and getting worse, stuff like that.

She’s dead dude.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Turns out they simply had never tried regular food and it works just as good. They were just being picky eaters

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

MacheteZombie posted:

Turns out they simply had never tried regular food and it works just as good. They were just being picky eaters

Turns out Sophie Song is Lobo's great-grandkid from somebody he hosed in the 1900s. Her brain grew back because regeneration.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Automata 10 Pack posted:

She’s dead dude.

the she in question literally isn't, lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10k54owhps

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FIX1Z2ni7I

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wish this wasn't filmed on a phone from 2005

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Warbird posted:

Captain. Boomerang. Always. Comes. Back.

Yeah, they may as well go full South Park with Captain Boomerang.

Every sequel starts with him walking into frame, mumbling unintelligibly Australian.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
made the second watch through as my treadmill show for a few days and i gotta say it holds up really well

https://i.imgur.com/mdZCT9G.gifv

i hope it doesnt get axed like other stuff lately

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I’m not so much worried about it getting axed as wondering when James Gunn is gonna find the time for it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

he's the main man now, his options have expanded enormously to the point he could have Peacemaker cameos be the thing that strings all the DCEU films together and nobody would tell him no
batman and peacemaker is what i'm saying

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Isn't the whole point of the reboot that there won't be pressure to shove a bunch of tonally different franchises together?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Isn't the whole point of the reboot that there won't be pressure to shove a bunch of tonally different franchises together?

Nobody is quite sure what the point of the reboot is. I guess Gunn has said something about it somewhere, but he's going to say a lot of things while this ship sails into iceberg after iceberg.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The point is stroking egos and making money while paying less on salaries. I imagine.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There was a hit piece - like published recently against the rock who apparently had tried to dictate how the dc universe was going to pan out following black Adam, but it wasn't as successful as they expected but it feels like he just wanted a movie where he and Henry cavill could punch each other but still retaining his "no fights ever lost" contract stipulation

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's hard to imagine The Rock doing his role in The Other Guys today.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Is Black Adam a much bigger player in the comics? It just seemed bizarre to me that they were gonna rearrange the DCEU to put him in the center.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

Is Black Adam a much bigger player in the comics? It just seemed bizarre to me that they were gonna rearrange the DCEU to put him in the center.

Lmao not really. His presence is like some weird feedback loop where the presence of one assumes the prominence of the other, but the truth is neither seems to work in their bigger roles. I also believe this was Johns' idea.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

Lmao not really. His presence is like some weird feedback loop where the presence of one assumes the prominence of the other, but the truth is neither seems to work in their bigger roles. I also believe this was Johns' idea.

It was always weird - or maybe not, given Johnson's apparent ego - that he wanted Adam to have nothing to do with Shazam despite that being one of the more well regarded DC flicks. Probably didn't want him in Cap's shadow or whatever.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

grittyreboot posted:

His first appearance is him getting the power of Shazaam, being a total douche, and so the wizard [Who can't kill him or take the power back] sends him him like 10,000 light years from Earth. 10,000 years later he's flown back, and then the Shazaam family get him to turn off his powers. He ages 10,000 and instantly dies.

He hasn't meaningfully progressed as a character since then.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mulva posted:

... sends him him like 10,000 light years from Earth. 10,000 years later he's flown back...

Is... is that how that works?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
In the 1930s? Yes. Also I remembered it wrong, it's the most distant star in the universe and 5,000 years. The rest plays out the same. I knew it was some stupid poo poo like that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Grendels Dad posted:

Is... is that how that works?

Theoretically, that would be sound logic, assuming ftlt is impossible and the original transportation was magic instantaneous teleportation without movement.
Of course, flying 10.000 years at near lightspeed would be a bit weird under relative physics. Assuming a traveling speed of 99.99% c A day of travel for him would be like 200 years for the rest of the world, so he only ages by 50 days.

Honestly, that seems plausible. Spending two months to get back somewhere really far away is reasonable.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Meanwhile they’re doing a Shazam 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Meanwhile they’re doing a Shazam 2

I didn’t see Shazam as I’ve never liked Billy Batson but I might see the sequel just because it’s funny to imagine Dwayne sulking even more if it does way better than his flick.