Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
in my experience it's nice to have it on from the start, and since it decays on a per stack basis it takes more effort to refresh than say power charges or something

do what you want but it's a very good node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

FZeroRacer posted:

it's hard for me to think of any fights where you can't maintain full fortification if each stack lasts 17s.

Every single uber boss fight thats not Cortex, which is a joke anyway

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Lightning Elementalist seems to have pretty good damage output with the new stuff. I can't figure out how to work the defenses or even mana sustain with it though, which makes me think it's probably going to be pretty bad unless someone figures out a way to run with it. Clear also seems clunky with the two-button build and you don't have Plaguebearers to smooth your life out.

It is pretty neat that you can get a minimum shock up to like 54% off the tree and the reworked Thunderfists though.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

queeb posted:

Lol jungroan is pushing an ice trap inquis for his league starter, using the new sunblast belt. But man it looks like it'll be nearly EA levels of delayed damage since the belt makes your traps detonate after one second, and enemies can't trigger them.

So you toss, wait for trap to land, arm, wait one second, then it donates. Meanwhile you're already a screen away.

You swap the belt in for major bosses, the build has plenty of damage vs. map bosses without it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just popping in to say that I am personally insulted that bloodlust support wasn't buffed in some way on the skill rebalance. :argh:

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

You swap the belt in for major bosses, the build has plenty of damage vs. map bosses without it

tbh I think the 1 second delay is fine for mapping too, mobs chase you and people wildly overestimate their movement speed at the start of a new league

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

How big was the Explosive Arrow nerf? Will, say, this build by ziz still work, or am I better off going with a different league starter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G-p8qacplk

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Did anyone here play Spark Inquisitor the last couple leagues? I'm trying to convert it to a trickster build (looking at goratha and lily's builds) and was wondering how much it really relies on the damage from inquis. Kind of just want to stay non-crit with the lucky lightning mastery into endgame but I also don't want to do zero damage so not sure thats possible

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

queeb posted:

Lol jungroan is pushing an ice trap inquis for his league starter, using the new sunblast belt. But man it looks like it'll be nearly EA levels of delayed damage since the belt makes your traps detonate after one second, and enemies can't trigger them.

So you toss, wait for trap to land, arm, wait one second, then it donates. Meanwhile you're already a screen away.

One thing to remember about this build is that bear trap doesn't work if an enemy doesn't trigger it and the belt causes traps to expire, so the damage is quite a bit lower than estimated.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Meeko posted:

How big was the Explosive Arrow nerf? Will, say, this build by ziz still work, or am I better off going with a different league starter?

it deals about 20% less damage overall for ignite, focus got nerfed so you can't get as longer duration ignites, it lost a lot of defense from defiance banner, much harder to hit spell suppress cap and you can't have malevolence on lifetap for bossing.

it might be still viable but the combination of nerfs hits it fairly hard because EA ignite was already spread very thin due to how far you have to traverse on the tree. don't think i'd recommend it because it was already inherently clunky but viable due to low gear and decent DPS and these changes make it a lot worse to get off the ground.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

Did anyone here play Spark Inquisitor the last couple leagues? I'm trying to convert it to a trickster build (looking at goratha and lily's builds) and was wondering how much it really relies on the damage from inquis. Kind of just want to stay non-crit with the lucky lightning mastery into endgame but I also don't want to do zero damage so not sure thats possible

Trickster is very much not a high dps ascendancy already. I think Spark will work, but I don't think non-crit is the way

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
With the changes and buff to arctic armor, I think my start might be divine ire trickster. Maybe go for ES leech and polymath, and then perhaps later switch to CI if I can get some good mirrored jewelry with high ES. Without getting to play with them I'm not sure if any of the new gems would fit well with that. I'm sure Ire could put out a sizable shock on something just not sure if those shocks will be worth interacting with, almost certainly not needed for clear. Also not sure if the speed/slow node will be needed for DI or if hearstopper might not be better for standing and tanking.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Any chance you got a link to a build guide? Not seeing it on the usual aggregators.

ruetoo popularized cf champ back in 3.16ish and guides from back then should still be mostly good, though i think the aura reservation nerfs probably mean you're going to have to drop defiance banner or herald of purity; that's going to ding every old build to some extent, though.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Wuxi posted:

Trickster is very much not a high dps ascendancy already. I think Spark will work, but I don't think non-crit is the way

I think Trickster with the mastery node and always-be-energy-leeching will have reasonably good damage, just with also good defenses.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I just realized with GGG's policy of allowing multi-boxing you could probably farm Oni's on like 10 characters at a time. Wonder how profitable it would be?

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Trickster has one solid more multi. It's definitely not bad and shadow has a lot of offense on his side of the skill tree, but it's not really an offensively-minded ascendancy, just something to keep in mind when planning a build. Spark scales well, but with all the crit available to shadow, definitely go crit

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

FZeroRacer posted:

it deals about 20% less damage overall for ignite, focus got nerfed so you can't get as longer duration ignites, it lost a lot of defense from defiance banner, much harder to hit spell suppress cap and you can't have malevolence on lifetap for bossing.

it might be still viable but the combination of nerfs hits it fairly hard because EA ignite was already spread very thin due to how far you have to traverse on the tree. don't think i'd recommend it because it was already inherently clunky but viable due to low gear and decent DPS and these changes make it a lot worse to get off the ground.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much for the detailed response! I'll look elsewhere for a starter then.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Meeko posted:

40% to ignite off the top.

Huge defensive nerfs to elementalists relying on suppression
Lost at least 2 auras on top of that.

That said I did EA ballista Elem last league and it was incredibly good and would still be good nerfed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

an iksar marauder posted:

Trickster has one solid more multi. It's definitely not bad and shadow has a lot of offense on his side of the skill tree, but it's not really an offensively-minded ascendancy, just something to keep in mind when planning a build. Spark scales well, but with all the crit available to shadow, definitely go crit

this is the tree I was thinking for the crit version (disclaimer: sc levels of life): https://poeplanner.com/b/g_S

it gets 33% more damage from polymath without being too stupid I think. Like I would probably take most of these nodes without it, at least before clusters

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i think a lot of people are gonna get caught by trickster and end up with a very low dps build. so i'd make sure if you end up going trickster you ensure that whatever build you're doing gets all of its damage from the tree or some other outside source. a stat-stacking build might work for it for example.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

ruetoo popularized cf champ back in 3.16ish and guides from back then should still be mostly good, though i think the aura reservation nerfs probably mean you're going to have to drop defiance banner or herald of purity; that's going to ding every old build to some extent, though.

Updated version of his build(s) are here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3Eo5DSb22o5-d-Qiomo20bNZpnYaR7Z_siDMSY9q0c/edit#gid=0

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

MMF Freeway posted:

this is the tree I was thinking for the crit version (disclaimer: sc levels of life): https://poeplanner.com/b/g_S

it gets 33% more damage from polymath without being too stupid I think. Like I would probably take most of these nodes without it, at least before clusters

Looks solid. You're next to 2 more 3 node life wheels too, you can probably swap out the first 4 skill nodes for the 2 int nodes and get one if you need it

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

You have 88% increased damage with that tree. Thats gonna be the mother of all zdps

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I havent played spark since aura stacking but isn't that a pretty normal tree, its a lot of suppression from the skill tree that could be switched out for damage, but with 2 good wands I could see it do fine

what you could do is spec out of some suppression as you get it on gear, but that tree also has empty jewel sockets allocated and is next to damage wheels so I think it'll do fine

an iksar marauder fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 13, 2022

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

https://poeplanner.com/b/g_k this is the standard Inquisitor build tree, at least for league start. Its very different

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you want to do melee , campion stacking armor and evasion with the perseverance belt is still a great basic template

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You'd prefer traveling that way and for example speccing into the suppression asc node on trickster then making up for the missing % on gear?

I'd probably just go inquisitor spark instead at that point

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I prefer that over not progressing well into red maps because my gear is still poo poo and I can't make up for it with my passives.

Not that you need the suppression ascendancy, but its the strongest passive the trickster has. Not on league start since getting a decent hybrid setup isn't done without gear, but later absolutely

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I think on trickster ideally I would go with a DoT skill or ignite since the more multiplier is generic and is a damage buff from what DoT trickster got before. There's also a lot of DoT support on the tree nearby.

For the spark tree he knows better than I do so listen to Wuxi here OP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hmmm Shield Crush?

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Wish I could read, I missed that conduit removed shock

Put that in the god drat stat line ggg

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

an iksar marauder posted:

I think on trickster ideally I would go with a DoT skill or ignite since the more multiplier is generic and is a damage buff from what DoT trickster got before. There's also a lot of DoT support on the tree nearby.

For the spark tree he knows better than I do so listen to Wuxi here OP

deaths oath trickster time??

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

500 good dogs posted:

deaths oath trickster time??

speaking of zdps

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wuxi posted:

You have 88% increased damage with that tree. Thats gonna be the mother of all zdps

haha I swear I thought of that but I guess I just figure that gearing for % damage is easier than crit multi or spell sup or whatever else I took instead of more damage. Would you not value getting piercing shots with the shadow start? Cuz when I was thinking of the tree I definitely had it in my head that its a must have pick up. I guess piece support is not that bad these days compared to other options but my plan was to put energy leech in that slot

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You can get pierce on gloves via eldritch implicits

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Captain Foo posted:

hmmm Shield Crush?

i think people are kind of sleeping on that buffed emperor's vigilance shield. it lost it's worst drawback (cannot block while you have no es) and is now like 2k armor 400 es and comes with free glancing blows (not sure if that's still good or not though lol)

that's better than most endgame shield throw/shield crush shields in terms of raw dps.

as an example i plugged it into my GC SC guy from expedition and it was an immediate 40% dps boost over what was a 15 ex ev/es shield

edit: or maybe they aren't sleeping on it, idk. i haven't paid attention to anything outside of goon discourse.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 13, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benson Cunningham posted:

I just realized with GGG's policy of allowing multi-boxing you could probably farm Oni's on like 10 characters at a time. Wonder how profitable it would be?

considering it takes like 8 to 9 hours each, not very

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

I'm set up to do that but I never would, because it's not... mentally profitable.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Eagerly awaiting the first reports of people throwing divines at low value uniques out of pure habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Good luck controlling that many characters all in different instances with different layouts simultaneously while adhering to all of the multibox rules GGG has in place.