Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The reason for Kindred/Husk interaction not working is that Husks killing themselves doesn't count as a Slay. Kinda similar to how ephemeral units dying doesn't.

After doing a bit of experimenting myself with Eve, and checking out the performance of other Eve decks people have come up with, my conclusion on her is:
Eve is the worst champ in the game right now and its not even close. Absolute garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Gwen seems to fuckin suck against the Kai'sa adventure, whoever did it with her on one star was very lucky I feel. I have trouble beating the first fight most of the time.

Edit: almost every time a rock hopper with 2hp attacks the random keyword it gets is fearsome :negative:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 5, 2022

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Riot confirmed a while back that self-killing effects don’t trigger the Slay keyword, which is why husks don’t work with Kindred. It would be nice if the keywords made it at all intuitive, or if they at least had a rulebook that we could reference.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Gwen seems to fuckin suck against the Kai'sa adventure, whoever did it with her on one star was very lucky I feel. I have trouble beating the first fight most of the time.

Edit: almost every time a rock hopper with 2hp attacks the random keyword it gets is fearsome :negative:

I did it with a 2* Kaisa at level 4 or 5, but you really need that second starting mana for most boards.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

PJOmega posted:

I did it with a 2* Kaisa at level 4 or 5, but you really need that second starting mana for most boards.
Oh I had one go with 1* Gwen then came back with her on 2* and it still fuckin sucks. Is the ai's "give a random keyword on attack" power rigged? I swear the first rock hopper gets fearsome 99% of the time.

Edit: genuinely within spitting distance of uninstalling the game over this lol, "Beat Kai'sa with Gwen" is literally the only thing left with a real reward behind it and it's just an endless loop of losing to the first fight or losing later on because I took the lovely "extra mana gem for 3 fights" power just to get past the fuckin rock hopper :argh:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 6, 2022

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom
Is there some limit on how many "On summon" effects can trigger? When playing Evelynn in PoC I constantly run into the situation that some things like "I start a free attack" just don't happen, mostly when that unit absorbed a bunch of Husks.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

phbr posted:

Is there some limit on how many "On summon" effects can trigger? When playing Evelynn in PoC I constantly run into the situation that some things like "I start a free attack" just don't happen, mostly when that unit absorbed a bunch of Husks.
I have noticed that the free attack item didn't work on a champ if copies of the champ were summoned on play. The copy a champ item/power wouldn't work most of the time on Kai'sa if she levelled as she was played, too.

Also I think the issue I'm having with Kai'sa's adventure is that the ai can see which "random" keyword it'll get before it commits the attack, which is why it looks like it always gets one that makes it unblockable because it'll only swing if that's going to happen :smith:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
There's definitely a bug with on play/on summon effects in path, I'm currently running Trifarian Might and when I use Chronicler of Ruin (who is a 5/5) to kill and revive another 5 power unit, it's a coin toss on whether they both strike an enemy or only one does :smith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does the other 5 power unit naturally have 5 power, or does it get buffed to have 5 power with Evolution/whatever or some other power? Could be that Trif triggers -> the unit then gains power from Evolution/whatever.

The power order is sorta wonky, especially with Round Start stuff.

Also drat, my 2nd Kaisa map run with Gwen went much more swimmingly this time against Irelia because I had a spell that did 4 damage for 5 mana (and had 3 spell mana every turn) and was on the offensive on Turn 2 (which meant I was on attack with a Challenger unit when Irelia got put on the field). Which mean Irelia hit the board twice and was instantly murdered both times.

I remember being pretty much 100-0'd by Irela on Turn 2 or 3 or something because she plays her stupid loving Blade Dance spell for free. So it does my heart good to murder the gently caress outta Irelia when I can.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Does the other 5 power unit naturally have 5 power, or does it get buffed to have 5 power with Evolution/whatever or some other power? Could be that Trif triggers -> the unit then gains power from Evolution/whatever.
At one point I killed/revived Lucian and the ephemeral copy of himself that he summoned struck a unit and died but neither the other Lucian or the Chronicler hit anyone :shrug:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This game is very confusing.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone else get the feeling that the "3% chance to find legendary powers" thing just rolls once for the entire adventure? I always either see none or many.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
In case anyone was wondering, you can get timed out of a game in Path of Champions but it seemingly doesn't count the loss against you - I had to go afk for a couple of hours during the Irelia fight today, got back to the "Defeat" animation and a connection error but when the client restarted and I went back into Path I was on the map, at the Irelia fight with full health and I still had my revive :v:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I haven't played this game in like 3 years and all my cards seem massively outdated, are there any good budget decks or something like that I could use? runeterrafire doesn't seem to have any up to date ones

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

runeterra.ar or masteringruneterra.com are the most popular sites currently.

A bunch of the cards/champs from release still see play, so its quite possible your old decks will be fine with some tweaks. The two most popular/powerful decks right now are mono Kai'sa and Illaoi/Bard. Kai'sa is probably pretty cheap to put together since you only need 3 champ cards, and you might already have some of the demacia cards from the deck. It's also fun to play but quite hated right now due to its high power level and the difficulty of interacting with it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I used 40 Wild Shards on Kai'sa 3* and somehow I wonder if I made the right choice.

I figured Gwen was strong enough without 3* but maybe it could have gone to Taliyah or something instead.

Taliyah apparently needs to be 3* to function.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I used 40 Wild Shards on Kai'sa 3* and somehow I wonder if I made the right choice.

I figured Gwen was strong enough without 3* but maybe it could have gone to Taliyah or something instead.

Taliyah apparently needs to be 3* to function.

Using shards to 3* is always really bad value because it makes it less likely to get 10 champ specific shards from capsules. For Kai’Sa specifically you definitely don’t need the 3* power, I have S-ranked every encounter with her at 30 max health and 2*. Basically if you cannot beat the encounter really quickly just fish for lifesteal with her 1 mana unit.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

phbr posted:

Using shards to 3* is always really bad value because it makes it less likely to get 10 champ specific shards from capsules. For Kai’Sa specifically you definitely don’t need the 3* power, I have S-ranked every encounter with her at 30 max health and 2*. Basically if you cannot beat the encounter really quickly just fish for lifesteal with her 1 mana unit.

Yeah, throw 1-3 keywords on her with relics (Spellshield>Challenger>Regenerate/Fearsome/Tough>Grant Supported Ally Elusive), fish for "all allies gain Fury > Challenger > Overwhelm" power, and 2* Kaisa runs roughshod through Galio's board. If need be stall out while waiting for lifesteal like you said or from her start-of-round power.

She can stumble against Galio/Malphite if you don't pick well enroute but tbh I think that's the hardest final combo and sometimes it just gets the nuts.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So in other words, I shoulda used them on Taliyah or whatever.

Oh well, at least Gwen is 25 now and can hold 3 Relics.

God she's deliciously broken with Luden's, Rally on Level, and Spellshield.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So I just had an ephemeral copy of a Champion straight up not spawn.

I dropped a Kaisa with the item that grants it onto the board, with several free slots still available for the copy and the game put the card on the board, spawned the Redoubled Valor I put on her, then just kinda.... froze for a second, and decided to just move on without spawning the copy. Sigh.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that Shadow Totem hasn't triggered in the subsequent rounds as well. Something about this item/power combo hosed it.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 12, 2022

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I had Kai'sa with the strike the nexus when summoned relic, shadow totem and the power that gives ethereal copies of champs and neither if the copies would strike the nexus if she levelled as I played her.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
finally finished the kaisa quest with all 3 factions. took me a couple tries on 1 star gwen. 2 star gwen should sail through it by positioning the first unit then her right after it for the big dmg boost on her. im running a challenger relic on her and shes level 13. when i unlocked her i ran a bunch of nautilus to test her out and get some exp on her.

you can overwelm the game with to many on summon effects i noticed it with jinx and the canon barrage relic. if i started taking trifarian and ephemeral copies / free attack it would just forget to use some sometimes.

as for eve being the worst hero in the game she is basically the dawn spiders champ. but with out the control that that deck offers. but i hate her because her shurima card empowered azirelia.

i think they should let us craft relics. i still dont have a zdrive which is like the most important relic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally beat Kai'sa map using Kai'sa. Was easier than expected despite starting Trifgarian (since I didn't have any of the Unit Gets Keyword on Summon abilities, the only way to trigger Trif was with units that had base 5+ ATK or hunker down until I could trigger Evolve) thanks to a 3-cost 5 ATK unit and a 4-cost Garen with a Summon Ephemeral item keeping Irelia at bay.

Also beat Galio using Kai'sa, this time with like 4 Unit Gets Keyword on Summon abilities (2 random Keyword, 1 Dragon, 1 Lurk for 3-costs and lower) with a Scout item Zed. That was an insane amount of keywords. Still a bit touch and go on Veigar and the one right after (Elites get +2 to everything), but I managed to get through them.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I ran Galio on Jinx for the "use rocket 15 times" quest yesterday and got the "Mageseeker's Clearance" power from a node, so all my spells were fleeting but when I played a spell that wasn't Final Spark, I got a Final Spark in hand along with the "Spells cost 1 less" power and Jinx having Riptide Battery and Loose Cannon's Payload and just fuckin :laffo: at how absurdly fast that was :allears:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
So the patch is next week right?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1558121135497256962

Yep, looks like it is.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
nerfing illaoi bard hard =(. probably fair but i doubt it needs both champs and smash nerfed.

im suprised their nerfing kaisa decks so hard though. shes basically just riven fizz in that she otk you at any point when they manage to land kaisa on board with scout challenge and overwelm to second skin. shes also new and the most popular of the new champs.

the rest of the nerfs make sense and im excited for a few of the buffs because it looks like they are trying to push back into a zoe azir era and ill just roll with anivia decks if thats the case.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

I get the Illaoi nerfs. I love playing her, but I can't say the tentacle package isn't a bit too much in practice. For Kaisa, maybe it's just a small change? The only complaint I really saw the last time I skimmed any other Runeterra communities is that getting spellshield and overwhelm on two big units at focus speed by casting that one combat trick at burst speed followed by Second Skin was annoying, so maybe they just want to make a feels-based change now before people get too sick of it. Who knows, maybe someone more in-touch with the meta than me will comment.

Also, good news everyone: the next expansion reveals start on the 17th! Five new champions! One new card type! Reveal stream at roughly the same time as MtG's expansion spoilers, so don't get too distracted!

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

I feel like y’all might be out of touch. They are baying for Kaisa’s blood out there. Bard/Ill cooled a little bit but people have been consistent and loud about not liking the how Kaisa has overperformed.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Sam Sanskrit posted:

I feel like y’all might be out of touch. They are baying for Kaisa’s blood out there. Bard/Ill cooled a little bit but people have been consistent and loud about not liking the how Kaisa has overperformed.

Yeah like work was slow and I was browsing around and people REALLY hate Kaisa right now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mono kai'sa has like a 60% win rate in ranked. its a bit absurd.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Yeah, I'm not going to say I'm in touch with the current meta or the wider community. In that case, it's pretty nice that only one part of her direct kit is getting nerfed.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I wouldnt really pay the hate much mind, the community is extremely lovely and is always on some kind of hate crusade against some deck. The thing that's really driving the hate isn't how strong the deck is exactly. It's definitely good but there's a bunch of other options with similar winrates in the meta. The big outlier is the playrate - its a disproportionately popular deck for reasons not entirely due to its strength, so people have gotten very sick of it very fast.

Kai'sa decks do have a few too many ways to shut down interaction, while having a very consistent win condition, which makes it frustrating to play against. However people do tend to discount how mediocre its early game is, even by the standards of combo decks. The demands of quickly fulfilling the evolve condition aren't entirely free. In any event second skin and supercharge are definitely the right places to hit it to open up more potential for interaction with its wincon.

Bard's mechanic is very rng swingy, particularly in the first few turns of the game, and imo its unhealthy for those kinds of designs to be strong in the meta. Bard's position right now isn't just strong, its absolutely dominant, and he needs shutting down.

I think Illaoi is a really well designed good package, but a few elements of it are just a bit too overtuned right now. Tentacle smash, eye of nakagaboros and riptide sermon are getting played in a huge amount of bilge decks which otherwise don't have a use for tentacle synergy, and that's really a sign that those parts of the package are way too strong. I'd rather see some of the power taken away from those cards rather than illaoi herself.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Awesome! posted:

mono kai'sa has like a 60% win rate in ranked. its a bit absurd.

Not sure which stats you're looking at, but imo the most reliable source is Legna - https://www.llorr-stats.com/static/meta.html - who has her at below 55%. Which is still very good, to be clear.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

hit button posted:

Not sure which stats you're looking at, but imo the most reliable source is Legna - https://www.llorr-stats.com/static/meta.html - who has her at below 55%. Which is still very good, to be clear.

That's in large part because she has dominated the meta to the extent that counter decks are pretty popular. She was up at 60 earlier.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I don’t play constructed so I’m not super familiar with what makes her so dominant, but I enjoy her PoC deck so I really hope they don’t gut her. Isn’t one of the big frustration points that her spell applies a grant to all copies instead of just the one in play? Maybe just dialing that back so that there’s a bigger reward for cutting through her spellshield and removing her from play would be alright. Or a bigger nerf in taking that spell off of focus speed so that it can actually be interacted with.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The problem with Kai'sa is the same as with Lee sin, you don't get many ways to interact with them between spellshields and denies as they pick apart your board and win the game and because she is paired with Demacia she has access to rally and scout unlike Lee, which means anytime she is on the board you are always in danger of Cataclysm or Golden aegis rallying her and most decks don't have the sort of board that can deal with a overwhelm scout challenger that nukes the board before the attack for 6 or more.

And yeah focus speed > burst speed > open attack meant there was even less way to interact with it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-3-13-0-notes/

New patch notes, good changes to Bard and Kai'sa and a lot of changes to some never-seen played cards and some stat nerfs to some always-include cards.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
What was the change on Zilean's spell? I've seen it played so little I don't remember what it used to do lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

What was the change on Zilean's spell? I've seen it played so little I don't remember what it used to do lol

It used to be https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Chronoshift_(Legends_of_Runeterra) and they've changed it to a good card instead which is a pretty massive buff.