Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

werent you all just posting about how "thats barely even 90 degrees!!!!!!" or am i mixing up who is and isnt american

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

-40 is best temp

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

werent you all just posting about how "thats barely even 90 degrees!!!!!!" or am i mixing up who is and isnt american

Americans can handle heat but at least yosposters overwhelmingly prefer it to be cold and gross outside

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

matti posted:

its summer koshien again if you are dumbass like me and forgets about it until its halfway done

https://vk.sportsbull.jp/koshien/

nice

its extremely good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Americans can handle heat but at least yosposters overwhelmingly prefer it to be cold and gross outside

because they dont actually go outside op

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

south china in august is the greatest place in the world to not go outside, tho, besides singapore in any month of the year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bob dobbs is dead posted:

south china in august is the greatest place in the world to not go outside, tho, besides singapore in any month of the year

ive been going out for walks. its fine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

its been a really dry summer so far. we havent even had a single typhoon and it it probably only rained 1 every 3 days since the beginning of june

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i didn’t realize that japanese baseball stream was highschoolers, somehow they looked older to me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fart simpson posted:

ty for saying the quiet part out loud o7

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
c undergrad s: the research i worked on over the past two semesters is being submitted to an ieee journal this week :3 it's not big ticket research but i am excited to be second author on something (if it is accepted) (it's pretty good so it better be)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ty for saying the quiet part out loud o7

more people should just say what they mean

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fine i will

fart simpson is a ne'erdowell and a rascal!!!!!!!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

its been a really dry summer so far. we havent even had a single typhoon and it it probably only rained 1 every 3 days since the beginning of june

its been like that across basically the whole hemisphere though. shits not good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

y'all should move to socal/central coast with me and cpcolin

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
LA would be a lot better if it wasnt a desert and if it had like a third of the population.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
la just needs some of my fav kinda building

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
my friends in nc had a lot of really bad things to say about the californians that have relocated there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stringent posted:

my friends in nc had a lot of really bad things to say about the californians that have relocated there

nobody likes colonists

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just dropped $21 on an old casio keyboard from goodwill. it's "for little jones" but also has midi in and out. i think the 9v supply for my guitar pedal will work, but if not they're $10 on amazon

im pretty excited

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a dog playing piano. what will they think of next

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Achmed Jones posted:

y'all should move to socal/central coast with me and cpcolin

:yeah:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

cls: had to make a trip to the er due to a bad flare up of a chronic ailment. new er doc decided an iv opiate was the answer instead of my normal cocktail of anti-anxiety, and anti-nausea meds.

holy poo poo is that stuff scary effective and scary scary. i've never gone from feeling like garbage to feeling just fine so fast.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

nudgenudgetilt posted:

cls: had to make a trip to the er due to a bad flare up of a chronic ailment. new er doc decided an iv opiate was the answer instead of my normal cocktail of anti-anxiety, and anti-nausea meds.

holy poo poo is that stuff scary effective and scary scary. i've never gone from feeling like garbage to feeling just fine so fast.

its just fukkin magical. like a cloud lifting off your head as the pain dissolves away.

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!

lord fifth posted:

the goal is to probably do chip design and leave academia for industry bux. thanks yospos for insight as always

hey this post is positively ancient by cjs standards, but you probably want to bone up on python or some other kind of scripting language if you do this too

if you want to do architecture, you're mostly going to be number crunching on simulations to decide whether to include features

if you want to do microarchitecture, you'll be considered a god by the other RTL folks for being able to automate things

if you want to do verification & validation, a bunch of your job will be scripting test suites to hit weird-rear end corner cases without needing to enumerate them all by hand

if you want to do circuits, you'll be scripting tooling to glue stuff like in-house libraries, purchased IP blocks, and synthesis tools together all day long

if you want to do interactions with the fabs, you'll be back to doing a bunch of number crunching to figure out how to increase yields or reduce leakage or whatever on the node you're working on

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fart simpson posted:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

Menacer posted:

hey this post is positively ancient by cjs standards, but you probably want to bone up on python or some other kind of scripting language if you do this too

if you want to do architecture, you're mostly going to be number crunching on simulations to decide whether to include features

if you want to do microarchitecture, you'll be considered a god by the other RTL folks for being able to automate things

if you want to do verification & validation, a bunch of your job will be scripting test suites to hit weird-rear end corner cases without needing to enumerate them all by hand

if you want to do circuits, you'll be scripting tooling to glue stuff like in-house libraries, purchased IP blocks, and synthesis tools together all day long

if you want to do interactions with the fabs, you'll be back to doing a bunch of number crunching to figure out how to increase yields or reduce leakage or whatever on the node you're working on

i'm reluctant to admit it but this is true. i'll have to get comfortable in something a bit more robust than bash at some point, especially since my cs education will be heavily focusing on theory as opposed to actionable data processing / programming skills lol. thank you for the advice and specific use cases, i really appreciate the insight!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

fart simpson posted:

we’ve had two in the last two weeks they’ve just veered off to the west when they got close. they were tiny though.

I can’t wait for “winter”, summer here sucks rear end. ten trillion tons of concrete and steel means it never cools down ever. I have a new coworker who just moved here from South Africa and after a heavy rain he was like “I thought it would cool down after the rain but it just got worse” and I was like yuuuuuup.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

we’ve had two in the last two weeks they’ve just veered off to the west when they got close. they were tiny though.

I can’t wait for “winter”, summer here sucks rear end. ten trillion tons of concrete and steel means it never cools down ever. I have a new coworker who just moved here from South Africa and after a heavy rain he was like “I thought it would cool down after the rain but it just got worse” and I was like yuuuuuup.

i dont count those because they didnt really hit. at least not here, it was just like moderate rain for 6 hours

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah korea and japan got it the worst this season

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i love ten trillion tons of concrete and steel, me

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
our most basic terms of agreement

50 story soulless concrete apartment buildings are cool and good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

our most basic terms of agreement

50 story soulless concrete apartment buildings are cool and good

:hmmyes:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
heres a map

no water for the south chinese, too much water for the manchurians, indians, koreans and japanese

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

heres a map

no water for the south chinese, too much water for the manchurians, indians, koreans and japanese

lol that in 16 days pretty much everything west of asia would be brown now

nyc just declared a drought for the first time in like 20 years

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

fart simpson posted:

i dont count those because they didnt really hit. at least not here, it was just like moderate rain for 6 hours

they canceled my planned dives so they count in my book

fart simpson posted:

i love ten trillion tons of concrete and steel, me

i do too, but they are my nemesis in the summer

if i had a zillion dollars i'd rent a summer flat way up north in sai kung or something where there's a lot more green space

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The Fool posted:

cold weather best weather

My nipples agree

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Fool posted:

cold weather best weather

username post combo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

heres a map

easier to deal with too much than not enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

wtf is a pog/pogger/pogchamp? i thought it was spelled "pawg"