Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

She's been wearing that in all the behind the scenes stuff disney has put out so far, it's very cool.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I googled that suggestion and took the first result to find out what this is about.
https://www.transfuture.de/
Apparently it's a German think tank for the exploration and further development of IT-connectivity and the resulting increase uneconomic productivity
Bit of a weird choice to promote that.

uhhhhh just in case you aren't joking, look at her loving sleeve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Soonmot posted:

uhhhhh just in case you aren't joking, look at her loving sleeve

I noticed that too. It's kind of weird that she has a shirt with both a cropped top and cropped sleeves.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
God drat it, I forgot that the release day shifted from Wednesday to Thursday and was really disappointed when I opened Disney+ just now :(

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

tsob posted:

God drat it, I forgot that the release day shifted from Wednesday to Thursday and was really disappointed when I opened Disney+ just now :(

Same. The apple App Store is even advertising the D+ app saying that she hulk is now available. I got excited and thought they had moved it back to Wednesday.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
My only regrets of the new She-Hulk series is they cannot have crossovers with Night Court.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

shades of eternity posted:

My only regrets of the new She-Hulk series is they cannot have crossovers with Night Court.

May this will cheer you up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nsDv_lkaLw

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Going to piss off the worst people, maybe

Those types are always pissed off, and are always ready to go to war with the Other, whatever that happens to be at any given moment.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Going to piss off the worst people, maybe

I can’t wait for them to post about IMDb ratings they’re manipulating to justify their lovely takes on the show.

I’m looking forward to it, but I’m also not expecting much.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

My only regrets of the new She-Hulk series is they cannot have crossovers with Night Court Boston Legal.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There's still hope.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/night-court-nbc-2022-23-season-1234873200/

quote:

Night Court, the follow-up to the classic legal sitcom, will air on NBC in the 2022-23 season.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Are they going to have Brent Spiner reprise his guest role?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

They couldn't even get Richard Moll to come back?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

:(

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

As long as they have Jenna Maroney's werewolf lawyer, I'm in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's not dead.

Harry Anderson passed away though.

E: Oh wait, you're prob just sad cause he's not coming back. :lol:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Review embargo for She-Hulk is up.

88% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Critics only saw the first 4 episodes.

General things they all agreed on:

- The whole cast is extremely good. Tatiana Maslany, Ruffalo, and Benedict Wong especially stand out.

- It's very funny, but very MCU-lore heavy and pulls a lot of comics and pop culture deep cuts that casual viewers might not get.

- The action is fine, but not amazing. The meat of the show is the courtroom drama, comedy, and personal problems for Tatiana Maslany.

- The Hulk CGI looks great. She-Hulk's still looks weird in comparison. She looks fine in action scenes and at night, but looks noticeably "popped" out of place in bars, midday, and when touching non-CGI people.

- Daredevil is not in the first 4 episodes at all.

- The first episode is much slower paced than the next 3.

- It's the edgiest/most profane/sexual MCU outing, but still firmly in the "hard PG-13" territory and not R-rated edgy.

- It is very episodic. There isn't a clear overarching plot direction by the end of episode 4 and all the first 4 episodes are pretty self-contained.

- There are other major MCU cameos/connections that none of the reviews are allowed to describe. Some of them involve "establishing Phase 4" - which could really mean anything.

- Ruffalo peaces out of the show shortly after the first episode, but is great while he's there.

- Renée Elise Goldsberry, Josh Segarra and Jameela Jamil are all great, but only just barely introduced by the end of the first 4 episodes.

- The courtroom drama/comedy scenes are very funny and strong. There's 2 cases handled in the first 4 episodes and hints of other cases to follow in the remaining 5. All the reviewers had good things to say about the courtroom scenes.

- As mentioned before, the first 4 episodes are the origin story and "case of the week" episodes. There's only a tiny hint of the overarching plot in the first 4 episodes and it won't take off until the back half of the show.

- No specifics, but everyone keeps mentioning the "many post-credit scenes" and some that will make people "do a double take."

- All of the reviews tended to use "charming and witty" to describe the show's writing, but don't have much to say about the action.

- Lots of emphasis on the female POV, female comedy, female perspective, etc. Several of them used "Bridesmaids" as a comparison; not in terms of content, but in terms of a similar high-quality "female-centric" comedy writing and performance style.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-first-reviews/

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 17, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The RT "Critic's Consensus" summary:

quote:

At certain points, Jennifer Walters herself makes sure to set boundaries with the audience by looking into the camera and assuring us that this isn’t a “cameo every week” type of show. Not only is this a fantastic way to set expectations, but it also references Marvel’s growing awareness of the fanbase mayhem surrounding cameos in other Disney+ shows. A prime example being Paul Bettany’s hint at an ultimately disappointing cameo during the release of WandaVision. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law is not driven by cameos; this series is instead aided by the appearances of these characters, uplifting sub-plots and contributing towards an ideal week-to-week viewing experience. Additionally, each episode is accompanied by a self-referential mid-credits scene, continuing gags often in some very shocking ways. If there’s one thing She-Hulk: Attorney at Law excels at it’s proving that you never quite know what could be around the corner.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law has cracked the code in making an MCU courtroom comedy that is both snappy and engaging. It’s revitalizing to take a break from action-heavy narratives and continue to explore everyday civilian life in the MCU, a necessary element that we barely started to really explore within Ms. Marvel. This show’s half-hour episode model leaves you wanting more each week as Jennifer Walters navigates the complications that come with living, working, and even dating as a superhero who still has a long way to go in this world.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Funny that they're "establishing phase 4" now that we're 50+ content hours into it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Hobo Clown posted:

Funny that they're "establishing phase 4" now that we're 50+ content hours into it

I think from the context of the review, they mean establishing that She-Hulk takes place in Phase 4. They specifically mention working in elements from post-Endgame and Shang-Chi to establish that it takes place in early Phase 4.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Tatiana Maslany was on Comedy Bang Bang this past week and kept referring to She-Hulk as Shrek lol

I hope it's good, most reviews point out flaws with the CG which is something they can fix if they are using She-Hulk to cross-over into other shows and movies. I know Ruffalo has said that there are plans for her in future movies. The Hulk CGI is pretty good now but there has been a lot of Hulk over the last decade to work out the kinks with the model.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

He's not dead.

Harry Anderson passed away though.

E: Oh wait, you're prob just sad cause he's not coming back. :lol:

How recent is that photo? That's really good for a 79 year old.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

by VideoGames

Azhais posted:

Trans futures. It's an exciting new investment opportunity

I just realized that you could sell futures on if someone is going to transition but not on onions.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

by VideoGames
I know Marvel can't make a solo Hulk movie but could they make a solo She-Hulk movie?

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Lammasu posted:

I thought Professor X was in a wheelchair because he ripped off Doom Patrol?

Read this as a crossover event where Charles hired them for a job then stiffed them or otherwise scammed them and they beat his rear end severely

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope that because there are courtroom scenes I never have to see the "lol the writers made a lawyer show and don't know how to write court scenes! Show bad! Show bad!" stuff again.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

QR code links to a free read of She-Hulk comic book #1

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

by VideoGames

Dave Syndrome posted:

QR code links to a free read of She-Hulk comic book #1

Which one?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Firebert posted:

Tatiana Maslany was on Comedy Bang Bang this past week and kept referring to She-Hulk as Shrek lol

Mark Ruffalo definitely sounded a lot like Shrek during a few moments when they yelled at each other.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
That was very enjoyable and set a good start for the series. Maslany is pretty magnetic in pretty much any role you throw at her and this just seems like a natural fit.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Which one?

Savage She-Hulk #1, i.e. the original first appearance from 1980.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The special effects actually looked pretty good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t really think they needed to do a full origin thing for She-Hulk because so much of her best stories/characterisation are about her loving being She-Hulk but gently caress it this was v good and entertaining. I love Ruffalo and Mansaly is of course excellent. I still feel like Walters getting used to being She-Hulk is not the most interesting version of this story at all, but I have more confidence in it now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
CAPTAIN AMERICA FUCKS

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

There's a mid-credit sequence which you do not want to miss.

I wasn't originally sold on Maslany as Jennifer Walters but she's really nailed the character right out of the gate. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Runtime made it worse than the quality of what was shown is. What they gave was good, the runtime and not really doing anything forward from origin made it a frustrating experience. The last two minutes should have continued for another 10-15 minutes.

Or, if they did two episodes for the first week. I'm excited to watch more of it, but there just wasn't enough to ask people to wait a week.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jet Jaguar posted:

There's a mid-credit sequence which you do not want to miss.

I wasn't originally sold on Maslany as Jennifer Walters but she's really nailed the character right out of the gate. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Sir, I must ask. Have you not seen orphan black?

this was absolutely fantastic and I was grinning like an idiot the whole time.

Escobarbarian posted:

CAPTAIN AMERICA FUCKS

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Thank gently caress. Show good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God I love Tatiana Maslany so effing much

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
This is the first time I've watched Tatiana Maslany in anything and I think she's my wife now.

Funniest mid-credits scene to date, that was utterly perfect and got a belly laugh and then constant chuckling until the end of the actual credits. This show is everything I could have ever wanted it to be, they did my girl Jennifer Walters right. The next two months are a solid good time for me.

e: This Variety interview with the showrunner is a really good read after you've seen episode 1.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/she-hulk-steve-rogers-virginity-cut-scenes-1235342096/

Kevin Feige himself confirmed that Captain America fucks.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

This is the first time I've watched Tatiana Maslany in anything and I think she's my wife now.

Good, now go watch Orphan Black. It gets a bit convoluted in later seasons, but it is 100% Maslany show.