Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

whats a SLAMBO?

I've always had a soft spot for Shienen Doom Axe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randarkman posted:

Is he? I thought the guy was only named for him, never heard about him being voiced by him.
I'm not positive on him being the voice but I feel like I remember reading about it. I cant do any research right now but I might try to look it up later.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

TaurusTorus posted:

I just want Slambo. I don't think it's too much to ask for Slambo

BUT I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS SLAMBO!!!!!

*picks Karl Franz for the 13938937th time*

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Raygereio posted:

Will never stop lolling at grogs who recite essays on lore and take this setting very seriously when it features characters like 'Chengis Crump' or 'Arnie Slicernecker'

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

BUT I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS SLAMBO!!!!!

*picks Karl Franz for the 13938937th time*

Karl Franz peels off his mask AND OH MY GAWD IT'S SLAMBO

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not positive on him being the voice but I feel like I remember reading about it. I cant do any research right now but I might try to look it up later.

Cavil is 100% a total Warhammer nerd, he's talked about it in interviews. Is have to imagine CA would try to get him to do something even if it is just a bit party.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DaysBefore posted:

Will never stop lolling at grogs who recite essays on lore and take this setting very seriously when it features characters like 'Chengis Crump' or 'Arnie Slicernecker'

And, don't forget, the guy whose name must never be known on the top right

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

TaurusTorus posted:

Karl Franz peels off his mask AND OH MY GAWD IT'S SLAMBO

Slambo takes off his helmet and BY GORK AND MORK, IT'S GRIMGROG!!!!!

And Grimgrog peels of his mask and IT'S PONTUS! EVERY LEGENDARY LORD IS PONTUS!!!!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Chenghis Crump lmao

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I'm the unstoppable champion of Chaos itself named Cedric. Gonna get some blood in my afternoon tea.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Does one of the new Exalted Champion models have dual axes?

e: Hopefully a modder makes a Slambo Legendary Hero.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Do you think Dread Indy Babylon named himself and went looking for the mask or found the mask and said "this is me now"

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Do you think Dread Indy Babylon named himself and went looking for the mask or found the mask and said "this is me now"

In fact, nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tolth posted:

In fact, nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
someone tell Zog that if you have to go around telling everyone how mighty you are, you probably aren't as mighty as you think.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Randarkman posted:

Does one of the new Exalted Champion models have dual axes?

e: Hopefully a modder makes a Slambo Legendary Hero.

Reskin a dual-axe minotaur and scale it down a little bit, name it Slambo.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Monsieur de Appliance.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah sadly it's just a Witcher / Cavill reference. He hasn't done any voice acting for TW yet but I think it's just a matter of time, dude's super passionate about it.

Raygereio posted:

God old GW names were so loving good. Dread Indy Babylon is a perfect band name, CHENGIS CRUMP would be the best name there if it wasn't for Slambo and you even have some OG GW orientalism with Sukiyaki the Inscrutable.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I understand the trick to minor settlement battles with melee heavy armies, just split and attack as many entrances as possible, but how do you manage them with ranger armies? Specifically Cathay.

I feel like I basically just have to lose all their formation benefits and just spread them out and wander in, hoping I can take points quickly enough to not get shredded by canons while my spearman just stand there trying not to die at a gate.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Split up with screeners and do controlled simultaneous advances. 1-2 melee move up and block the lane, your ranged guys follow and shoot stuff to death, keep advancing to reach and hold points. The more you can split the better, your guns should be destroying stuff. If the terrain gets in the way of firing lines that stinks, but it's the same variation of gameplay you'd expect from fighting around hills or forests.

Yes ranged are at a disadvantage, so if you're "ranged heavy" you want 4-8 melee just for basic functionality. It only takes 1-2 guys to completely logjam a small city lane. I consider my ranged heavy armies to be that when I've got 1 Lord/1 Hero/8 Melee/8 Ranged/2 Artillery. If you try to siege Ikit Klaw style things with 19 ranged it may be tough! Even in my Ikit run I had 4 Stormvermin in his stack because I got tired of having to solo taunt the army in his Doomwheel and grind them down to try and find a spot I could get past the walls and set up to shoot.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Imrik's campaign intro

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
the full might of the Chaos Dwarves and the Ogre Kingdoms shattered by one man's thirst for his dragon wife

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

slambo is a big enough deal among the warhammer fandom that GW semi-recently released a special updated model for him:

he's probably my #1 most wanted lord at this point aside from old model nagash and the skaven vampirate

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Doomykins posted:

the full might of the Chaos Dwarves and the Ogre Kingdoms shattered by one man's the internet's thirst for his dragon wife

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Peeped Throgg present in the CoC campaign. Or at least Wintertooth.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
The Chaos Undivided minor settlement sucks poo poo; I hope even the deranged minor settlement likers can agree with that.

Really just make them twice as large (as in literally scale them 2x) and most of the issues with pathfinding, unit selection, line of sight, and maneuverability disappear.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So it looks like for some of the LLs cards area leaving off starting units (watching a Vlad campaign and he still starts with a unit of Blood Knights).

I wonder if that's a bug.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

juggalo baby coffin posted:

slambo is a big enough deal among the warhammer fandom that GW semi-recently released a special updated model for him:

he's probably my #1 most wanted lord at this point aside from old model nagash and the skaven vampirate

Not only should SLAMBO be added to the game as a legendary lord, every single reference to SLAMBO should be allcaps.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I don't care that it's only usable against the AI, and that no half-smart player would ever walk into it, I absolutely adore that Cathay can set up a kill zone of death like so:

Iron Hail

Crossbows

Crane Gunners

Firework cannons( I forget the name)

Sky Junks

And just progressively annihilate everything as they march closer

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Francis posted:

The Chaos Undivided minor settlement sucks poo poo; I hope even the deranged minor settlement likers can agree with that.

Really just make them twice as large (as in literally scale them 2x) and most of the issues with pathfinding, unit selection, line of sight, and maneuverability disappear.

I've not tried it here but pathing in Troy sieges worked a lot better with small unit scale. Do they reduce tower damage so they don't become overpowered if you use smaller units in this game?

Dramicus posted:

Not only should SLAMBO be added to the game as a legendary lord, every single reference to SLAMBO should be allcaps.

Everyone's voice lines should be replaced by them saying "Where's SLAMBO?" when his army isn't visible due to fog of war.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I don't care that it's only usable against the AI, and that no half-smart player would ever walk into it, I absolutely adore that Cathay can set up a kill zone of death like so:

Iron Hail

Crossbows

Crane Gunners

Firework cannons( I forget the name)

Sky Junks

And just progressively annihilate everything as they march closer

This can be achieved with greater effect by setting up a kill zone with high elfs like so:

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

and Tyrion out front

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SirPhoebos posted:

So it looks like for some of the LLs cards area leaving off starting units (watching a Vlad campaign and he still starts with a unit of Blood Knights).

I wonder if that's a bug.
Probably. They have to change/update probably everything about all 60+ (70+?) LLs and I'm sure some stuff will get missed.

jokes posted:

This can be achieved with greater effect by setting up a kill zone with high elfs like so:

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

and Tyrion out front
Lothern Sea Guard

Archers

Lower upkeep that way!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

jokes posted:

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

Lothern Sea Guard

and Tyrion out front

Yeah but I don't want to play High Elves

I DONT WANT TO loving PLAY HIGH ELVES

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

After all these years there still isn't a SLAMBO mod for Warhammer 2 which is - frankly - abhorrent

There is one that changes Archaon's name to SLAMBO, as it should be, so that takes the sting off

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also high elves don't use black powder and are thus immediately inferior.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

surtha ek should have a whole extended family, flippin ek, blummin ek, ekcy thump

jokes posted:

And, don't forget, the guy whose name must never be known on the top right

I want to know who thought "sukiyaki the inscrutible" was fine but felt it necessary to censor the top right. Like I can only assume it is spectacularly racist or something.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 18, 2022

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

OwlFancier posted:

surtha ek should have a whole extended family, flippin ek, blummin ek, ekcy thump

I want to know who thought "sukiyaki the inscrutible" was fine but felt it necessary to censor the top right. Like I can only assume it is spectacularly racist or something.

The top right's name is Shienen Doom Axe.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SLAMBO is LL #100, and his custom Exalted Hero? Arnie Slicernecker, obviously. Two pillars of Warhammer lore, finally taking their rightful place in the setting. Old-school GW names are amazing. :allears:

This week is dragging. on. like. mad. I'm watching Okoii play Vilitch and Festus and it's just so NEAT and I wanna do the thing but I cannot do the thing because I'm not a content creator and and and :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Slambo will have daniel weapon and armor mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh also Sorcerers of Tzeentch on discs do a sick spin trick animation with their disc when they cast. Basically, Tzeentch sorcerers are playing Tony Hawk while nuking nerds.