Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's a lockpick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Might as well start using coke

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Feldegast42 posted:

Warhammer III Immortal Empires seems pretty good so far, if a bit overwhelming

I'm stuck on deciding who to play

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Learning a new faction in total warhammer takes about 200% max brain energy. Guess I’m gonna play dwarves again

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Spider-Man on PC is very good. Not quite perfect, but very fun. Highly recommended.

Combat makes you feel super mobile and gives you a good number of gadgets and options. The world is beautiful and lively, very well made, and moving through it is some incredibly zen poo poo. It's probably the strongest thing about the game. The game has quite a few collectathon type activities, but slinging your way through the world for them makes them worth doing. Thinking about doing a NG+ run.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 25, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Learning a new faction in total warhammer takes about 200% max brain energy. Guess I’m gonna play dwarves again

Speaking of Dorfs - this looks super fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOJfH_ApAbQ

Reminds me of Tiny Toons on the SNES for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got a bit further but then I died again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RIIP

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I’ve decided to learn to play Kaizo Super Mario World. So, you could do that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Rollerdrome fucks

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I’ve decided to learn to play Kaizo Super Mario World. So, you could do that

I played the celeste tribute one when it came out it was a lot of fun but I like my hands too much to make it a habit, good luck!

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 25, 2022

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm playing Saints Row, I've somehow avoided the big bugs that plague it, and I've actually been having a pretty great time but it's really letting me down in one aspect in the story and it's that the other gangs have like no personality. They have aesthetics and poo poo sure, and game play distinctions but Los Panteros and the Idols have no characters and it's loving weird. I don't think the game bothers to explain how the Idols even function as a criminal enterprise, for that matter. You don't have anyone in a hideout flying a rage and plotting revenge on you or moving forward with any kind of scheme, They kinda play up Neenah as having a feud with her old boss but that goes nowhere.

The city is beautiful, the desert is great, the setting oozes with character. The plot kinda doesn't though!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN3thUvIQHY

I keep skimming through this and every place I skip to there's something that makes me groan

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN3thUvIQHY

I keep skimming through this and every place I skip to there's something that makes me groan

it feels so absurdly overdesigned, like they weren't at all confident in the premise of "weird alien world with talking sarcasm gun", and so every single loving corner is filled in with weak jokes and weaker gameplay. it's like someone trying to conceal a poorly-fitted door by caulking the edges so much that it starts leaking onto the walls

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
They really thought oh hey we get the rick and morty peeps so this is gonna sell gangbusters.

Just no. I love RM, but holy poo poo this is so just.. annoying.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just 100% the main part of spiderman, fun game they should really add some better photo taking minigame depth, I want my good shots to be worth something and for them to reject the ones I took directly into a wall apparently pointing at some other thing beyond the building. Would also be fun to set up webbed cameras to take good shots of yourself to sell the bugle or something. Oh, speaking of, I only found 10/50 of the bugle covers, idk what the deal was, I'd check 12 in a row and get the same poo poo, seemed random when I'd get a new one.

Anyhow, how's the DLC, just an excuse to do more of the same or do they have unique bosses and gimmicks?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Shindragon posted:

They really thought oh hey we get the rick and morty peeps so this is gonna sell gangbusters.

Just no. I love RM, but holy poo poo this is so just.. annoying.

Roiland founded Squanch Games, it's literally just him doing his schtick.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man there’s a fully functional permanent multiplayer mod for Elden ring, I am in absolute awe.

Played a few hours with my gamerpal, no joke it was some of the most fun I’ve had since last march. Perhaps games are art

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I recall Cyberpunk had a goofy talking gun at one point and it was a fun little comic relief storyline and the gun was fun to use and it didn't overstay its welcome.

I liked R&M and Solar Opposites but big difference in dosage between one normal cartoon episode length and a videogame that will take many many hours and maybe even have you repeating the same poo poo over and over. Plus those shows have other writers whose comedic voices keep it from being nonstop shouting garbage patch kids roiland stuff.

It's gonna be hard to be unexpected enough to funny if everything is a constant stream of the same sort of material. A gun horny for violence shooting out of it's orifice doesn't need a knife horny for stabbing for a scene partner.

and look, like, leave some room for the player to laugh at the amusing things without the thing screaming at you to know its aware of its own absurdity. the original Prey had a ton of vagina doors and butthole hatches and weirdo flesh guns, and in a game without much class or restraint, they managed to not have the protagonist moan and make sex or fart jokes everytime he walked through a room on the alien spaceship. and you still got to have some laughs when some rude alien thing pops out of a fleshy floor-twat to spook ya and you fight it with a ghost bird and a grenade launcher that's also a nasty grub.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its actually exactly as funny as ricky morty

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1562483881311621125

I don't think I've ever enjoyed anything promoted as "from the twisted mind of..."

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Khanstant posted:

I just 100% the main part of spiderman, fun game they should really add some better photo taking minigame depth, I want my good shots to be worth something and for them to reject the ones I took directly into a wall apparently pointing at some other thing beyond the building. Would also be fun to set up webbed cameras to take good shots of yourself to sell the bugle or something. Oh, speaking of, I only found 10/50 of the bugle covers, idk what the deal was, I'd check 12 in a row and get the same poo poo, seemed random when I'd get a new one.

Anyhow, how's the DLC, just an excuse to do more of the same or do they have unique bosses and gimmicks?

The DLC's are fun. Each DLC focuses on different characters and villains, some from the main game which get fleshed out a bit more and there's one or two new characters too. But all three DLC's tie into each other to form a single larger story. You'll want to play them in order. As for gameplay, there are new and remixed enemy types that make combat more challenging and interesting. There are a few new kinds of challenges thrown in and a few cool boss battles that do new things as well. There's nothing in them that transforms the game into something it wasn't already, but I think the DLC's are worth playing.

Also, I had the same issue with the bugle papers. Don't know whether it's a map location thing or what. However, there's no reward for finding all of them. No new suit, no achievement. The game literally just shows the "53/53 papers found" blip in the corner of the screen and that's it. So don't feel pressured to get them. They also don't count towards the game's completion percentage at all. I only got between 20-30 of them and I 100%'d the campaign and each of the DLC's.

Also, one thing I was thrilled to find out: you don't have to get any Gold ratings on the Taskmaster or Screwball challenges to 100% the game either. All you get for earning a Gold rating on a challenge is a few extra challenge credits to unlock more spider suits earlier than you otherwise would have, but by the time you're done with the game, you'll be able to buy all of them without getting Gold ratings anyway. This info was vital to my enjoyment of the game, as Silver ratings usually require something like "you have to try but you can still have fun" levels of effort, while getting a Gold ratings pretty much means "you must perform absolutely pixel perfectly in a game that is not in any way designed to be played with that level of precision in mind, and that otherwise doesn't come within an order of magnitude of the same accuracy demands at any other point."

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 25, 2022

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think I've ever enjoyed anything promoted as "from the twisted mind of..."

i bought Psychonauts 1 because it said "from the twisted mind of Tim Schafer" on the box. i had no idea who that was at the time

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

One of those Alice games from the twisted mind of American McGee was allright.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Whizzing Wizard posted:

sooo many ads for that in pc gamer

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
remaster Messiah you fuckers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To be fair Trover Saves The Universe & Accounting+ were pretty enjoyable games.

Like.. I'm not going to rush out and buy High On Life at launch, but it'll def be a fun little pickup when it's 75% off :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what the gently caress u can drive in first person in the Mad Max game are you kidding me

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

How many bitches did John Romero end up making?

verbal enema posted:

Nah - Asura's Wrath so Aussies can play it cause we don't have access to the PS3 streaming feature of PS+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wKk3RIsv8

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

verbal enema posted:

Oof

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

This info was vital to my enjoyment of the game, as Silver ratings usually require something like "you have to try but you can still have fun" levels of effort, while getting a Gold ratings pretty much means "you must perform absolutely pixel perfectly in a game that is not in any way designed to be played with that level of precision in mind, and that otherwise doesn't come within an order of magnitude of the same accuracy demands at any other point."

Yeah I got enough to get all the suits, there was one gold I chased way too many times and I'm still not sure what I did wrong. It was a glider one, like, I'd get every blue orb, fast, I knew the route so well I could probably beat the drone if it wasn't rubberbanded. I got perfect streaks so many times and got to the end faster and faster and it seemed to not matter, never got higher than silver on it. Everything else I can tell what I needed to do better, I got gold on all the other glider missions pretty easily, I just enjoyed the minigame. Just this one random one, which I feel I can do better than any single other challenge in the game, refuses to acknowledge me. Taskmaster pls is this an impractical joker thing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I only played the demo is there something I'm missing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Spider-man is one of the few games where I avoid the fast travel because swinging in the city is just so much fun. Pulling off the tricks and seeing how fast I can go is incredibly satisfying. In fact, I would say it has one of the best movement styles in the whole of video gaming.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Very much looking forward to seeing what Insomniac come up with for Wolverine, based off how fantasic Spider-man is

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

verbal enema posted:

I only played the demo is there something I'm missing

(Messiah ending spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV2AsMDgRNI

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I don't recognize that sound so huzzah

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1562702334408667137?s=20&t=aJWCk3LW93ljOzVDtwmCAA

Thanks Sony

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The PS5 has fewer games than ever and is more expensive than ever!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I felt bad for all the ppl without ps5s before but now it's even worse!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alternatively, America stay winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's called the PS5 because now you gotta take out five loans to afford one.