Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Lady Radia posted:

for coding i like to actually have my IDE and a terminal open at the same time, even when the terminal isn't doing much. i dunno why. comfort choice i guess, maybe from back when i still used vim to write code a fair amt

yeah that’s why they use different windows, so you can have them on screen at once and even see them both at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cls: trying to avoid spoilers from last night’s wrestling show but i can tell it was a good one from the leper’s colony and multiple posts in the forum’s cqs thread

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/JizzJohnsonJr/status/1561819071536046084

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

cls: trying to avoid spoilers from last night’s wrestling show but i can tell it was a good one from the leper’s colony and multiple posts in the forum’s cqs thread

spoiler alert: it loving ruled

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i feel like im going to be spending most of today Figuring Out How To Do The Thing rather than actually Doing The Thing but im working from home so i need to actually write down what i got done today
and i feel like writing "thought about things a bit" isnt going to fly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

graph posted:

spoiler alert: it loving ruled
i’ve watched as far as Dax vs Jay and story checks out so far

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

i’ve watched as far as Dax vs Jay and story checks out so far

buckle up for hour two lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

secured tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins and Janes Addiction in New York at MSG - gently caress, beyond excited for that. saw em like, 2 decades ago (:gbsmith:) at separate shows - one at a fest, one in Toronto - so it's gonna be loving awesome having them both in one night. perry farrells voice is shot but whatever, it's gonna be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9qXNJtWYGg

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
cls: jammed the poo poo out of my right wrist in my sleep. getting old owns

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

secured tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins

nice. if pumpkins came to down i'd go, one of the last bands i'd like to see live. saw janes yearrrrrrs ago at lollapalooza, super good

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

cls: jammed the poo poo out of my right wrist in my sleep. getting old owns

i slipped and fell over getting out of the shower last week. pretty sure that's a getting old milestone.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I have tickets to see Peter Hook (Joy Division/New Order) tomorrow in Philadelphia that I am not using for obvious reasons. Bought them a year ago like a dumbass.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i slipped and fell over getting out of the shower last week. pretty sure that's a getting old milestone.

the real milestone is hitting your head and dying on the bathroom floor

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

fart simpson posted:

drat that would be badass

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

a lot of old heavy people fall off the toilet and get wedged against the wall and die. Sounds like a horrible way to go.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Seeing My Chemical Romance tuesday with my partner, loving hell of a drive but they've been wanting to see them forever so I'm excited for them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

a lot of old heavy people fall off the toilet and get wedged against the wall and die. Sounds like a horrible way to go.

my grandmother fell down the stairs and her skull literally cracked open

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Seeing My Chemical Romance tuesday with my partner, loving hell of a drive but they've been wanting to see them forever so I'm excited for them.

that tour looks wild - have fun! :)

tori - sucks you can't go to that :( could you maybe stay in the back with a mask or just not comfortable enough for that?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i hope not to die in such close proximity to my posts

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

isn’t the guy from pumpkins some kind of nutter?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Pittsburgh Toilet eliminates the possibility of this happening.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

isnt the guy from pumpkins the same guy as moby?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah, he's been on infowars

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

he's super eccentric and loves wrestling

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

i feel like im going to be spending most of today Figuring Out How To Do The Thing rather than actually Doing The Thing but im working from home so i need to actually write down what i got done today
and i feel like writing "thought about things a bit" isnt going to fly

You need to write them down in a way someone else can understand what you're doing.

Because otherwise there's a high chance you're returning to what you're doing a few weeks or months later and going "what the gently caress was this idiot doing?".

This is an universal programming experience and it's made so much worse by working in teams. You will end up calling yourself an incompetent idiot without knowing you're commenting on your own work, and after the first few times it turns from mortifying to funny.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

endlessmonotony posted:

You need to write them down in a way someone else can understand what you're doing.

Because otherwise there's a high chance you're returning to what you're doing a few weeks or months later and going "what the gently caress was this idiot doing?".

This is an universal programming experience and it's made so much worse by working in teams. You will end up calling yourself an incompetent idiot without knowing you're commenting on your own work, and after the first few times it turns from mortifying to funny.

ok but i work for a very very very small company and this is literally only so they know im not slacking off and trying to get paid for 6 hours of Doing Nothing

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

ok but i work for a very very very small company and this is literally only so they know im not slacking off and trying to get paid for 6 hours of Doing Nothing

The reason you should be writing them down is for yourself so you can figure out how you hosed up later.

It's possible you don't need it this time, but you'll run into the situation where you thought you did something right and were wrong approximately sixty thousand times, assuming you don't change careers.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no the reason im writing them down is so they know im doing my job
i only do these when im working from home

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

no the reason im writing them down is so they know im doing my job
i only do these when im working from home

I would expect nothing less.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dont you work for your dad?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nudgenudgetilt posted:

dont you work for your dad?

's company

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

is that supposed to be a meaningful distinction? if it's your dad's company, you work for your dad.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ok. but i dont see whatever point youre trying to make

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

it means i wouldn't put up with that sort of trust issue (daily reports on what i did) from any employer, let alone one where i have family level influence on the company leadership

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

given its their first job its probably also a part of guidance, kinda like a standup but in written form

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yes billy is a wackadoo

Vintersorg posted:

he's super eccentric and loves wrestling

yeah he also owns nwa

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my dad was my homeroom teacher in highschool. thats kinda the same thing hbag has going on now i guess

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it means i wouldn't put up with that sort of trust issue (daily reports on what i did) from any employer, let alone one where i have family level influence on the company leadership

its not "daily reports" lol its just when im working from home

matti
Mar 31, 2019

my dad was a university professor so i dropped out of high school to avoid all of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they should be able to know you're working from your output rather than you having to tell them