Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Honestly same.

I’ve accepted that he will probably never play every Fragile song but Where is everybody would be so cool to see live. Always had a soft spot for that song despite its lyrics!

The lyrics might be the best part, and I will not be taking further questions at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They should play the TFA version of Where Is Everybody instead of the original. Obviously they can't do all the vocal fuckery, but it would give the music a kick up the rear end.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

They should play the TFA version of Where Is Everybody instead of the original. Obviously they can't do all the vocal fuckery, but it would give the music a kick up the rear end.

They probably could pull it off. Alessandro could manipulate Trent's voice while he sings (much like Jonny does for Thom's voice during live Radiohead performances that require it) and with Atticus also handling synths and programming I think that between the two of them they could come pretty close while Trent sings and handles the bass synth parts himself and Ilan takes care of the drum programming. Robin could fill in wherever needed. The current incarnation of NIN is a very versatile band with how each member can handle so many different instruments and duties as needed, I'm not sure there's anything that they couldn't play.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alessandro could handle all the vocal effects and manipulation on his own given how skilled he is.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress yes

https://twitter.com/SPIN/status/1542143069377765380?s=20&t=uuzbLfJHm0wPSew63tq3GQ

Bigger. Messier. Tracklist:

01. We Belong (Squarepusher Remix)
02. Happy (LITTLE SNAKE DYING IN THE CLUB EDITION)
03. Happy (33EMYBW Remix)
04. Sorry (Kid606 Remix)
05. We Belong (Rafiq Bhatia Remix)
06. Kick Me (Zach Hill Remix)
07. Insects (Machine Girl Insecticidal Tendencies Remix)
08. Serious Ground (Xiu Xiu Remix)
09. Cruel Compensation (The Locust Remix)
10. Everybody Loves You (Boris Remix)
11. True (feat. Trent Reznor)
12. In Time (feat. Blixa Bargeld)
13. In Time (Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith Remix)
14. Native Intelligence (feat. Trent Reznor)
15. Kick Me (feat. Iggy Pop)
16. Kick Me (feat. Fever333)
17. In Time (HEALTH Remix)
18. Native Intelligence (feat. Trent Reznor – Ghostemane Natural Selection Remix)
19. Happy (Boy Harsher Remix)
20. True (feat. Trent Reznor – Stu Brooks Remix)
21. Happy (LITTLE SNAKE LUNAR CLIMAX EDITION)
22. Serious Dub (Scientist Remix) (Digital Bonus Track)
23. Happy (A. Fruit Remix) (Digital Bonus Track)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ghostmane remixing a Trent song is pretty cursed stuff

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Me in 2009

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

A NIN discography is literally the second thing I used BT for lol. Back then it was still with that basic default client, via Donkax dot com (no idea where that URL leads these days).

The first thing was the music video for Tenacious D's tribute in all its <50 mb glory. That could have easily been 20 years ago at this point.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 2, 2022

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

A NIN discography is literally the second thing I used BT for lol. Back then it was still with that basic default client, via Donkax dot com (no idea where that URL leads these days).

The first thing was the music video for Tenacious D's tribute in all its <50 mb glory. That could have easily been 20 years ago at this point.

Seed0 detected.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
gently caress, do torrrents still work? my hard drive died. Maybe I take 100 hours and re-rip my CDs once I find them?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A new Reznor/Ross score coming in December, maybe?

And according to that article, there are 2 coming this year!

quote:

They are also scoring another upcoming fall title, Luca Guadagnino’s “Bones and All.”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought i could skip some of the upcoming shows but based on the setlist i guess i gotta go now lol

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I found out by commenting on a guy's shirt while I was grocery shopping today that I missed a HEALTH show a couple weeks ago.

Goddammit, Bands in Town, why do I even have you installed if you're not going to notify me :negative:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Bonk posted:

I found out by commenting on a guy's shirt while I was grocery shopping today that I missed a HEALTH show a couple weeks ago.

Goddammit, Bands in Town, why do I even have you installed if you're not going to notify me :negative:

I had tickets for HEALTH a few weeks ago so of course I had catch covid 4 days before the show. Health indeed.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Pitchfork posted a revisit/review of The Social Network score. It'll probably make you want to listen to and/or watch it again.

Their main thesis is that the score is the key thing that keeps the movie from looking totally antiquated in hindsight, which is probably fair.

quote:

Compared to what Facebook (now Meta) has become, Fincher’s portrait looks so quaint it’s practically sepia-toned.

But the music’s icy grip foretells developments lying just around the corner. In 2011, shortly after Fincher’s film was released, Zuckerberg went to the Federal Election Commission and asked for “an exemption to rules requiring the source of funding for political ads be revealed.” The music knows about the Cambridge Analytica scandals, and about January 6th, which was incited and stoked chiefly on Facebook. That deep synth note is the sound of militia members actively recruiting for, organizing, and executing the storming of the Capitol entirely on Facebook, even posting pictures and streaming the event live there. And it’s the sound I hear whenever I watch the real Zuckerberg, saucer-eyed and vacant instead of narrow-eyed and contemptuous, testify once again in front of a group of performatively angry senators before reporting back to Facebook headquarters.

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000

Sir Lemming posted:

Pitchfork posted a revisit/review of The Social Network score. It'll probably make you want to listen to and/or watch it again.

Their main thesis is that the score is the key thing that keeps the movie from looking totally antiquated in hindsight, which is probably fair.

You are totally right. I was kind of hoping they would have a streaming link on the article page that I could listen to while reading (they don't). Such a good record, and the review is spot on.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/RealChalamet/status/1557462650581311490

This one has a Reznor/Ross score, hell yeah

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I’m not sure who changed the thread title sight unseen, but I greatly appreciate the new title :perfect:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rest well, old thread title. I will always remember the time you lured in somebody who wanted to talk about something else.

20 Blunts posted:

edit: nvm I thought this was a country music thread

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Westworld got another nine inch nails song playing during a scene and it’s a gorgeous piano cover of The Day The World Went Away

https://youtu.be/_i1tFnsQeno

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 23, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdMPTgYi-0w

New Sam Mendes movie with cinematography from Roger Deakins and music from Trent and Atticus? YES PLEASE

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
Who's gonna be at Riot Fest in Chicago that wants to just camp out at the main stage on Sunday all evening for NIN with me? :unsmith:

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Sai-kun posted:

Who's gonna be at Riot Fest in Chicago that wants to just camp out at the main stage on Sunday all evening for NIN with me? :unsmith:

I'll probably be heading up there around the time Sleater-Kinney starts

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Bonk posted:

Don't let this be you, catch this tour if you can. Third time seeing HEALTH and they're better than ever. Rest of the bill is pretty killer too.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Just over a week left to Red Rocks, let’s gooooooo

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

IG-88 posted:

Just over a week left to Red Rocks, let’s gooooooo

Who all is headed there tonight? I was supposed to go with my brother-in-law but now I'm going with my wife. She's never seen them live so it'll be her first time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

god this blows posted:

Who all is headed there tonight? I was supposed to go with my brother-in-law but now I'm going with my wife. She's never seen them live so it'll be her first time.
Hope you enjoy! I won't be there, but I'm looking forward to seeing the setlist.

e: :drat:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 3, 2022

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

gently caress I left before The Big Come Down but now I can die happy I saw The Perfect Drug

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

IG-88 posted:

gently caress I left before The Big Come Down but now I can die happy I saw The Perfect Drug

Ilan Rubin is an insane drummer and did amazing on The Perfect Drug. Was a great show and I can wait until he’s back at Red Rocks

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IG-88 posted:

Dude what!?

Never leave before the show is over!!

I was there last night. Incredible stuff. I’m so happy

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dude what!?

Never leave before the show is over!!

I was there last night. Incredible stuff. I’m so happy

I agree it was a great show. Several people I talked to had come from all over. Some from Seattle, some from Iowa. Leaving was a poo poo show like always. My only complaint about Red Rocks. My wife had a good time and was super happy to hear Hurt live, so there’s that. I love when he teased playing Hurt.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

god this blows posted:

I agree it was a great show. Several people I talked to had come from all over. Some from Seattle, some from Iowa. Leaving was a poo poo show like always. My only complaint about Red Rocks. My wife had a good time and was super happy to hear Hurt live, so there’s that. I love when he teased playing Hurt.
I was about to be like "I didn't see Hurt on that setlist... :confused: ", but turns out when I looked the full setlist hadn't been uploaded yet :v:

That rules, I'm glad you had a good time!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
And all that could have been live

What else can you say. THE GOAT NIN TRACK

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Im really regretting not getting tickets to red rock for all the shows. That first setlist is seriously a dream come true list for me. I hope they got some amazing HD recordings of the show for a future release!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That was two of the best nights I ever had at a show. They loving killed that!!!

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Langolas posted:

Im really regretting not getting tickets to red rock for all the shows. That first setlist is seriously a dream come true list for me. I hope they got some amazing HD recordings of the show for a future release!

My only regret is not getting last nights show. Friday night was amazing

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Caseman posted:

Don't let this be you, catch this tour if you can. Third time seeing HEALTH and they're better than ever. Rest of the bill is pretty killer too.

drat, they're in NY tonight but I'm being forced to go to a Queen tribute concert

I need to find people whose musical tastes are in the 21st century.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I saw Gary Numan last night after having a ticket since late 2019. That man does NOT disappoint. Heavy on his newer material with fewer classics than the last couple times I've seen him, but surprisingly more mid-era stuff from albums like Pure and Jagged.

Seeing Peter Hook from Joy Division next week and he's playing both albums in full. Goth cred 4 life this month.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m gonna be thinking about red rocks for a long time man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Bonk posted:

Seeing Peter Hook from Joy Division next week and he's playing both albums in full. Goth cred 4 life this month.

I saw that on Friday, and it's a fun show. Not sure if this is the case for you but for us there was no opener. He does a handful of New Order songs, then the two Joy Division albums, and some deep cut encores. The only bummer was we only got two encores, and one of them was supremely obvious.