Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

comedyblissoption posted:

watching that vid i think he might just be trolling and is on pc with 60 fov but yes you can play m&k on console lol

Yeah I have seen it show up in the user list of both Xbox and PS logo with a mouse, wild.

It was long what I considered doing on the xbox with a Razr Turret or something like that but I am glad I didn't try that, I think I would have been disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Too lazy to go back and find whoever posted they turned off death mics, but, you are missing out sir, may I present my ever growing death mic mashup aka the many faces of warzone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_kAfPNhhwI

in case it needs to be said... this is definitely NSFW if you're playing on speakers.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 5, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I play Fortnite with m&k on series S. It works really well actually

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I know fortnite has adjusted how aim assist works in their games multiple times, at least on PC, specifically for input balance across platforms

Apex legends has also specifically different aim assist values on PC vs console and the devs have said in interviews their internal stats show parity across skill levels. Whether that's true or not in actual practice, it shows the devs are paying attention to this stuff.

I think both these games are doing better than warzone and halo, especially with the m&k crowd, so hopefully these devs are paying attention for future titles.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I get a little tired when I watch some streamers complain about aim assist though. It helps but goddamn so many pc players blame every death on sim assist and it’s like, it’s not an aimbot.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

even streaming controller pc players complain about aim assist

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

soggybagel posted:

I get a little tired when I watch some streamers complain about aim assist though. It helps but goddamn so many pc players blame every death on sim assist and it’s like, it’s not an aimbot.

That's because it's incredibly strong now. Watching it overpower Flinch (when you have to deal with it) and Strafe is intensely annoying.

Like, yes, it was bugged before, so it should have been fixed. But in fixing it, they haven't acknowledged they also effectively made it much stronger. The SMG's in particular aren't actually aimbot, but they're only degrees off.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Call of Duty League thing is live if you're logged in/they're giving away random MWII beta keys and in-game stuff for vanguard/warzone now

https://callofdutyleague.com/

again make sure you're logged into your CoD/activision account

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/ModernWarzone/status/1556395347970244608?t=KnzSrAN8DHjt4XP5YEorIA&s=19

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
has anyone said "more like Borezone" yet?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Am I the only one addicted to warzone still

I’m like a goddamn crackhead

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Der Meister posted:

Am I the only one addicted to warzone still

I’m like a goddamn crackhead

when its bad its the worst thing ever

but when u got a good team and comms and youre on a roll its straight crack

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Which is why you should all play in the Royales with Cheese discord.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Rebirth Island/Fortunes Keep are fun and I keep playing them.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I feel like 2S is "fairer" but takes so much of the teeth out of the game. The appeal of 2 was the high enemy count and 2S kinda ruins that. Not to mention the gore changes.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

Which is why you should all play in the Royales with Cheese discord.

You wouldn't happen to have an invite handy, would you?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Zipperelli. posted:

You wouldn't happen to have an invite handy, would you?

https://discord.gg/SvmEZ2Sp

(:australia: Straya needs more people)

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Shockeh posted:

https://discord.gg/SvmEZ2Sp

(:australia: Straya needs more people)

Mum says im only allowed to play warzone so long as i dont shoot people, or talk with strangers

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Mum says im only allowed to play warzone so long as i dont shoot people, or talk with strangers

Don’t worry, no strangers on this one, we only take the straight up strangest.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ve just noticed most of the stuff in the cosmetics store tab now has a “can be equipped in this version of Warzone only” warning. Guessing with WZ2 they’re starting fresh or choosing not to forward some stuff :iiam:

e: earlier itt i mentioned i dont buy those pricey crossover bundles, but if the upcoming patch that adds the F2000 includes a Splinter Cell crossover with a Michael Ironside voiced Sam - well imho i’ll be fuckin tempted

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 25, 2022

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’ve just noticed most of the stuff in the cosmetics store tab now has a “can be equipped in this version of Warzone only” warning. Guessing with WZ2 they’re starting fresh or choosing not to forward some stuff :iiam:

e: earlier itt i mentioned i dont buy those pricey crossover bundles, but if the upcoming patch that adds the F2000 includes a Splinter Cell crossover with a Michael Ironside voiced Sam - well imho i’ll be fuckin tempted

Activision have said that Warzone 2 won't copy weapons, classes, cosmetics or anything else across from the first game.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

^ Oh wow, news to me. If that’s what required to completely overhaul the engine and gear, i guess it’s worth it.

personally i’d like to see the loadout creation and how (imho) UAVs massively effect matches get reworked

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lube Enthusiast posted:

^ Oh wow, news to me. If that’s what required to completely overhaul the engine and gear, i guess it’s worth it.

personally i’d like to see the loadout creation and how (imho) UAVs massively effect matches get reworked

Yeah they announced it a couple of months ago right around the time the operator skins started to get REALLY loving wacky.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

COD points should transfer though right? They always have.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Der Meister posted:

COD points should transfer though right? They always have.

Yeah. They're tied to your activision account and not the base system account...i think. I was wrong about this poo poo earlier in the thread but I'm pretty sure.

Either way, yeah a few months ago I just stopped buying the battle passes etc. And from earlier in this thread I absolutely agree that they needed to cut ties with the current iterations of the game. Now, the new game and the new warzone mode could suck. It could be awesome. But the layers of multiple games guns and just so many redundancies and weird balancing things I'm fine with MW2 wiping the slate clean.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I’m going to miss Warzone and all of its jank.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXgk0HhOVY

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I'm looking forward to being able to shoot down air support in multiplayer. The WW2 CoDs are loving awful for this. I hope Vanguard is the last of them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm looking forward to being able to shoot down air support in multiplayer. The WW2 CoDs are loving awful for this. I hope Vanguard is the last of them.

Oh man when someone gets a turret gunner I would just pick up my phone and scroll sites or quit the match, because nothing is gonna happen until that poo poo is over. It was so dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've only ever played Warzone like twice. I don't really like Battle Royale. Normal multiplayer CoD will always be where it's at for me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Resurgance is my favorite. Espeically Fortunes Keep. Really like that map.

That said the new BR map can't come soon enough.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I've only ever played Warzone like twice. I don't really like Battle Royale. Normal multiplayer CoD will always be where it's at for me.

I don't like the BR either, I want respawns.. Loading up a game to get tossed in the first 5 minutes and having to queue up again, bah no thanks (I'm bad).

However, the respawn modes like Plunder are pretty fun. Playing with some folks who are good and can buy you back are nice too but still don't overcome the downside of BRs for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

I don't like the BR either, I want respawns.. Loading up a game to get tossed in the first 5 minutes and having to queue up again, bah no thanks (I'm bad).

However, the respawn modes like Plunder are pretty fun. Playing with some folks who are good and can buy you back are nice too but still don't overcome the downside of BRs for me.

Plunder sounds like fun! We have the same complaints basically about BR and why we don't like it. So i'll have to maybe check out Plunder.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a good team with comms makes plunder super chill and fun

its pretty easy to mow down uncoordinated teams and loners :blastu:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Always be doing contracts in plunder if you wanna cash up fast, especially big game hunts :getin:

It's fun when they have the caldera clash too with a type of TDM with some bonus mode things thrown in.

Is there a MW2 thread already or is this one going to morph into it?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I think Rebirth Island is the perfect compromise. That and the Fortune's keep map are really fun. I've basically stopped playing the BR all together since Caldera.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rebirth plunder is my fav but they haven't had that in a while.. I would love some Fortune's Keep plunder. I haven't played in a bit and maybe they had it and I missed it.

I picked up an elite 2 controller to use with PC so I may try my hand at CoD controller after being a kbm guy forever.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

priznat posted:

Rebirth plunder is my fav but they haven't had that in a while.. I would love some Fortune's Keep plunder. I haven't played in a bit and maybe they had it and I missed it.

I picked up an elite 2 controller to use with PC so I may try my hand at CoD controller after being a kbm guy forever.

I got a SCUF and have spent about a month using it. I’m a decent (1.5 KD) KBM player.

Aim assist is so helpful up close it’s crazy. Because of that my KD only went down a bit. However it is harder for me to move and beam people 50+ meters away so I’m still getting used to that. It was a fun way to keep the game fun.

My 2 cents.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
wait is there actually an announced warzone 2

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Yes. Should be released in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Der Meister posted:

I got a SCUF and have spent about a month using it. I’m a decent (1.5 KD) KBM player.

Aim assist is so helpful up close it’s crazy. Because of that my KD only went down a bit. However it is harder for me to move and beam people 50+ meters away so I’m still getting used to that. It was a fun way to keep the game fun.

My 2 cents.

I was playing a few weeks back and just spectating kill cams in mw2019 arenas and every time the person was using a kar98k and quickscoping the aim assist was just so ridiculous. Probably will still be handicapped moving from mkb (also my reflexes are poo poo) but should be interesting!