Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Kazinsal posted:

makin me want to go to new york solely to take a dramatic photo of the at&t long lines building

i've tried, it's not as easy as it sounds because it's smack in the middle of downtown manhattan and surrounded by larger buildings, so it's really difficult to get an isolated angle

maybe i can try again, idk. sounds like a worthy challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

mystes posted:

I mean yes, doctors who dismiss the opinions of chronic pain sufferers are indeed being as hilariously ableist as doctors who dismiss the opinions of women are being hilariously sexist.

:crackping:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gnossiennes posted:

from my experience, the easiest way to talk to medical professionals and have them take you seriously on any matter:
1) be visibly male
from a recent experience finally getting something actually looked at after initially reporting it well over 10 years ago, lol

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
pain medicine has been harder to get for someone of any gender in the past like 5-7 years due to the huge crackdown on opioid prescriptions.

i hosed my back up really bad about 12 years ago and ended up needing surgery but it was scheduled for like 5 months out so the doctor just gave me a giant percocet prescription. seriously giant, 200 pills with like 10 refills before i had to call him again to get another. luckily for me i hated the loving things but they were the only thing making it so i could even mildly function, so when i finally had my surgery i quit cold turkey as soon as i woke up because i felt 1000x better already.

go forward to last year and i did something to my shoulder that made it so i could barely move my right arm and wasn't able to work for like a month, even limited duty because that arm was effectively worthless it hurt so much. the doctors didn't even think about prescribing me a pain killer this time, i got told to buy some motrin and put ice on it.

this is not to say that the majority of doctors aren't ableist/sexist/racist tho, cause they fully are.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Large Testicles posted:

pain medicine has been harder to get for someone of any gender in the past like 5-7 years due to the huge crackdown on opioid prescriptions.

i hosed my back up really bad about 12 years ago and ended up needing surgery but it was scheduled for like 5 months out so the doctor just gave me a giant percocet prescription. seriously giant, 200 pills with like 10 refills before i had to call him again to get another. luckily for me i hated the loving things but they were the only thing making it so i could even mildly function, so when i finally had my surgery i quit cold turkey as soon as i woke up because i felt 1000x better already.

go forward to last year and i did something to my shoulder that made it so i could barely move my right arm and wasn't able to work for like a month, even limited duty because that arm was effectively worthless it hurt so much. the doctors didn't even think about prescribing me a pain killer this time, i got told to buy some motrin and put ice on it.

this is not to say that the majority of doctors aren't ableist/sexist/racist tho, cause they fully are.

i had seven fractured vertebrae and three doctors wouldn't prescribe anything. one of them finally did an xray and then i got a little pain relief

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i got a bunch of left over hydromorphones from when I broke my shoulder a couple years ago, but I smoked a ton of weed that month

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Roosevelt posted:

i had seven fractured vertebrae and three doctors wouldn't prescribe anything. one of them finally did an xray and then i got a little pain relief

yeah i'm pretty sure the only reason i was actually helped at the hospital that day was because I also had a 103F fever so they thought I had meningitis. i got a spinal tap and an MRI that day, it was super fun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

lol wait no its this one

sick

Roosevelt posted:

as a treat

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

as a treat

your recovery time is expected to be several months so here are three days worth of adequate pain management

maybe see if your insurance covers reiki

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

~15 years ago i got a months worth of vikes for wisdom teeth removal. ~6 years ago i got about a weeks worth of vikes for top surgery. ~4 years ago i got zilch for eye surgery lol

tbh the eye surgery (not lasic, went under & had stitches on me eyeballs) was fine overall, even without painkillers. the top surgery recovery could have used a bit more coverage for the pain. the wisdom teeth rx was ridiculously excessive

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Roosevelt posted:

every time this work dev machine reboots it does this at me
pre:
                                           honk
                                         honk
                            "=:
                         :G69VEZ~="
                        v969Kv>-`_`      honk9hoooonnk
                        s6O)
                        'KOVY_
                          `xd69a<        ho
                             y69EZ*        nk,
                       '!*vEry66999v          honk
                  `=]h696969OOO66696'
             :?kZRARARAR69OOO6969699:
       vO969KAITSEZGOOSEGO69696OOO6e
         \5999R99999999996VROOOOOOm
           `(H969996666966MUCHWOW^
               :yO6969MOSTBESTbi`
                  YOOOOOHOOX~
                   yOOOOHV,
                    vQT.-==:b!>:
                     lo      ye
                     `l
                      !nope^:
                        ][

it's a beautiful morning in the scrum and you are a horrible developer

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Gnossiennes posted:

~15 years ago i got a months worth of vikes for wisdom teeth removal. ~6 years ago i got about a weeks worth of vikes for top surgery. ~4 years ago i got zilch for eye surgery lol

tbh the eye surgery (not lasic, went under & had stitches on me eyeballs) was fine overall, even without painkillers. the top surgery recovery could have used a bit more coverage for the pain. the wisdom teeth rx was ridiculously excessive

when I had an impacted wisdom tooth out they gave me one shot of valium and told me to gently caress off afterwards lol. just turned me loose half high and a bloody grin.

the other one they didn't even give me that because the dentist was like "yeah I can get this out, we don't need the surgeons".

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

In about 2006 I got 2 weeks of Vicodin because I had an ulcer the size of a nickel in the back of my throat and it hurt too much to eat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to be able to sell codeine combo medicines otc and it was good for helping people but drat I hated being the arbitrator of it because a lot of people were just looking to abuse

and on some level i’d rather be “loose” with it and help those who needed help and those who were gonna abuse were gonna abuse anyway, but the proper way was to be conservative and risk not helping people

anyway we can’t anymore which sucks except i’m glad I don’t have to act as the police

because i’m naive as gently caress and believe everyone lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

yeah I feel l like the the pendulum has probably swung too far in the direction of not ever prescribing opiods now

I think because of the opiod epidemic its unfortunately just too convenient to pretend that chronic pain doesn't exist in the first place and that these drugs should never ever be prescribed and doctors were only doing it because they were duped by drug companies, because that story pushes all the responsibility onto the Sackler family or whatever and makes it really easy for doctors to just never prescribe them, without having to take any responsibility themselves for deciding if they're needed or not, and anyone who claims to be in pain and need painkillers can just be conveniently dismissed as a drug addict who's faking it

mystes fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 1, 2022

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

old people still get the good stuff. my friend’s mom got promethazine for COVID, and gave him the rest after 1 dose

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Nfcknblvbl posted:

old people still get the good stuff. my friend’s mom got promethazine for COVID, and gave him the rest after 1 dose

my fiancée's dad gets a fentanyl drip and with the amount he's on it's a surprise all the cops in his town haven't died driving by the house.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

my fiancée's dad gets a fentanyl drip and with the amount he's on it's a surprise all the cops in his town haven't died driving by the house.
lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Large Testicles posted:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
idk where the outdoor thread went but washington's department of natural resources is killing it at the posting game

https://twitter.com/waDNR/status/1565019137822564352

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

mystes
May 31, 2006

Video caption: The CEO and head of HR perform their customary touchdown dance after firing an employee

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

isn't promethazine just a cholinergic??

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gnossiennes posted:

isn't promethazine just a cholinergic??
Maybe but who can remember after taking all those first generation antihistamines?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Getting some real Ally Mcbeal dancing baby vibes from this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Getting some real Ally Mcbeal dancing baby vibes from this
I was thinking fortnite but same thing I guess

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmao that hair

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cant just loving paint this actor green, that would look bad!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

do they refer to her as a person of color cause she's green

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

the post-posting dance

mystes
May 31, 2006

aw frig aw dang it posted:

the post-posting dance
Really it's a dance after posting of posts so it should be a post post-posting dance

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

lmao that hair

it looks like the video is played in reverse for some reason

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i feel like marvel intentionally makes things look a little bad, it's like their "style" or something.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Eeyo posted:

i feel like marvel intentionally makes things look a little bad, it's like their "style" or something.

if you spend a penny more than budgeted through marvels cgi slave labor shops kevin fiege will personally eat your dog or cat

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:toot:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Adbot