Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks!

I got recommended this brand of concentrate on Amazon, which i think may have originally been recommended on ramen reddit: https://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Noodles-Tonkotsu-Concentration-1-Pounds/dp/B00K69ZK46

Edit: Also even though we have left Okinawa the store finally got the beer from there in stock again. "Orion, Okinawa's Craft - The Draft"

I saw that brand before and thought it was a noodle/sauce style standard packet thing, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

I need to learn how to long-simmer curry.
Do you have a favorite roux? I'm into Java and Kokumaro as my base, which I add a buncha tomato paste and substitute veg stock for the water.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh right, the last week of P5 Strikers is rough in real time... one jail today, one jail tomorrow, and two on sunday lol... this will be as rough as Christmas lol

Neeksy posted:

I need to learn how to long-simmer curry.
Do you have a favorite roux? I'm into Java and Kokumaro as my base, which I add a buncha tomato paste and substitute veg stock for the water.

Interesting, yeah I haven't used the packaged roux though it would probably be convenient, I'll probably get some the next time I'm at the Asian grocer.

I just sear the meats in the pan, then sweat out the onions and aromatics to scrape those bits off, and then have a flour/spice mix that i heat up with some butter to make the roux

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dawn of the final day...

I have 99 Lucifer, 98 Metatron, 95 Alice, and 98 Yoshitsune.

At this point I've probably bought 5000 consumables over the course of the campaign lol

Edit: I will enter the final dungeon with zero SP items or revive pills lmao... this is Real Gaming

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 28, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvPjzG-1mY
And that's a wrap. I was really worried going into the final dungeon since i had burned so many items and the store restocks only very limited amounts. I used literally every SP and revive item i had left plus every showtime boost just to claw my way over the finish line lol.

I started this over a year ago and man it really is over... the journey ending right before the fall semester starts in real life just makes it more uncanny.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh there's a whole separate Persona thread? And here I was posting in the SMT thread like a fool

Looking forward to April 9 when I can start my real-time Persona 5 Royal playthrough

I know these games have their flaws but they really are something special and I'm glad I did it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Using Golden Curry and adding like a spoon of instant coffee or a couple pieces of dark chocolate is super simple and pretty close to the proper Leblanc curry. If you are a humble cooking pleb give it a try, the hardest part is chopping the vegetables.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/p5_the_stage/status/1565173793064390657

I think they nailed the looks of most of the characters... aside from Makoto.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is Mishima really important enough to be on the poster?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pwnstar posted:

Using Golden Curry and adding like a spoon of instant coffee or a couple pieces of dark chocolate is super simple and pretty close to the proper Leblanc curry. If you are a humble cooking pleb give it a try, the hardest part is chopping the vegetables.

P5 taught me that grated apple can be a good addition to curry, and holy poo poo, yes. Grated granny smith is now my go-to for any curry with a red meat. It perfectly compliments the spice and heaviness of the beef.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Hellioning posted:

Is Mishima really important enough to be on the poster?

My first reaction was "is he even important enough to be in the play?", but if you want to adapt the arc of "the PTs are losing sight of their original mission" + exposition on what's going on with public opinion, then he's the best suited for the role.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I really don't like Golden Curry as my base, that poo poo has so much tumeric in it and the balance is so much harder to get right than just going with java or kokumaro. I'll take vermont curry over golden, even!
My own thing is adding tomato paste, mirin, and tamari.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

anakha posted:

https://twitter.com/p5_the_stage/status/1565173793064390657

I think they nailed the looks of most of the characters... aside from Makoto.

That Yusuke is amazing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That Shido better be secretly super buff.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I think they nailed everyone except Makoto who just looks....I dunno. And Futaba - who just looks way too old. It looks like a 40 yr old cosplaying Futaba.

Lol why is Mishima in there?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Disappointed Morgana isn’t a Cats-style abomination.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mishima is kind of the guy who the Phantom Thieves use to find targets besides the big plot points. He runs the Phan-site which is fairly important narratively.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was sad Mishima didn't show up in strikers, there was even a perfect opportunity to have a cameo!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mastajake posted:

Laughing a lot while imagining Morgana replaced with a hosed up cat person

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

mastajake posted:

All your butts are belong in bed

Wait, wrong Cats

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh hey, Shoji Meguro is launching a Kickstarter for a new game!

https://twitter.com/Persona_Central/status/1568279323538509824?t=6KHCcohur12VrkSG0LiEAw&s=19

The name is bad!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Guns Undarkness is a game name I would expect from someone like Suda51

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
He was so close to Guns 'n Darkness, which is a good name

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Still better than Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Just misplaced the apostrophe, should've been gun's undarkness

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Mix. posted:

Guns Undarkness is a game name I would expect from someone like Suda51

Where does it fall on the Infinite Undiscovery scale?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is a stupid name but one of my favorite video games is called Revengeance so I am still cautiously optimistic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Just misplaced the apostrophe, should've been gun's undarkness
They call it gun'sundarkness because they shoot undark from their gun's

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’ll probably back that purely for the OST to spring into existence…

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Steam page is live: https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1687950/

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Any word on being able to transfer saves from PS4 to PC?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

They didn't even let you transfer from vanilla to Royal on PS4, there is no way you'll be able to transfer from PS4 to PC.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

Never happening ever.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Persona 5 really takes up 40 GB??

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Item Getter posted:

Persona 5 really takes up 40 GB??

There’s a looooooooooot of voiced lines. Like 110 hours worth.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Audio is not as much as you'd think! I don't have a dumped copy of Royal handy, but vanilla P5 on PS3 is 22 GB, of which about 6.5 GB is FMVs and 3.3 GB is audio (which includes music, sound effects, voices).

Unless you're a crazy person and use uncompressed audio, textures tend to be the modern video game filesize bloater.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

chaosapiant posted:

P4G Vita saves were able to be transferred to the PC version, though this requires homebrewed Vita. So if the PC uses the same way of saving a file in a PS4, you may be able to transfers the saves manually.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Commander Keene posted:

They didn't even let you transfer from vanilla to Royal on PS4, there is no way you'll be able to transfer from PS4 to PC.

Well that makes sense; they’re two different games.

But yea, I didn’t think I’d be able to transfer.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Anyone expecting any new game announcements at the Persona Live concert should temper their expectations, cause they ain't doing any this year.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1572135483924414464

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/persona-super-live-p-sound-wish-2022-crossing-journey-will-not-feature-new-game-announcements

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, milk that cow dry

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1577864982909288449?t=Z23Pgwf9VU3q5f_LLwa6fw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Aww poo poo, they're printing P5 Tycoon decks?