Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

RCarr posted:

He Barrold Bonds’ed himself. You can get away with cheating if you’re nice. If you’re a jerk you get blacklisted.

first ballot HoFer David Ortiz rates this fact as Very True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Peraza got called up (finally!). Not sure why they did so in the middle of the game and pulled him instead of deciding beforehand, but I'll take it.

https://twitter.com/mikeaxisa/status/1565466731585339392?s=20&t=LXModfTiji-e6Hprm_L46g

Edit:
https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/1565470236903706632?s=20&t=LXModfTiji-e6Hprm_L46g

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Losing JLo to a past his prime Ben Affleck must have made him undergo a new midlife crisis.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
He looks like he's having fun, let the old man enjoy himself

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ARod just needs attention. Things have been rough for him lately. jLo dumped him. He’s stuck on ESPN2 with Kay. Jeter got a doc series where he clowned him. He needs this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
He could always try pooping with the curtains open again

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

noting to see

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mets good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pujols pushes past A-Rod and ends up hitting 700 before retiring

A-Rod returns, beats Pujols to gain the spot back, ends up at 701

Kilometers Davis’ mind body & soul is cosmically obliterated out of the need to prevent a type of pure baseball hatred that can never touch our beautiful game

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

We'll see what Cobb County does tonight, but it was nice to keep the 3 game lead through the Dodgers series.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Oswald and Oswaldo better be the DP combo for the rest of the season. Fire torres and IKF into the loving sun.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Minenfeld! posted:

We'll see what Cobb County does tonight, but it was nice to keep the 3 game lead through the Dodgers series.

The dodgers needed to be brought down to earth. Lots of baseball to be played still, but that would be one hell of an NLCS.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

N: Detroit Tigers shut out 18th time this season.

V: :laffo:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/KevinKeneely1/status/1565512298042720257?s=20&t=Y__s-VSzo0l3xqwiSaYkFw

Against the Rockies, but still. I've been watching and the dude is good as hell

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

So glad I made it to the park tonight, one of the best pitched games I've ever seen

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tatsuta Age posted:

So glad I made it to the park tonight, one of the best pitched games I've ever seen

Nice!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

camoseven posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinKeneely1/status/1565512298042720257?s=20&t=Y__s-VSzo0l3xqwiSaYkFw

Against the Rockies, but still. I've been watching and the dude is good as hell

I wasn’t aware of him before the recent series with the Cards. He’s loving amazing. Worked us over real good. Dude is confident and intense in a way you just don’t see from rookies or really many pitchers in general. Also his quads are huge.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wasn’t aware of him before the recent series with the Cards. He’s loving amazing. Worked us over real good. Dude is confident and intense in a way you just don’t see from rookies or really many pitchers in general. Also his quads are huge.

He said he split squats around 600

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

LobsterMobster posted:

God drat

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Strider is something else. The Braves got the two best rookies in baseball and that core.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Let’s uh not erase Julio Rodriguez here at least

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Not erasing him, Harris has just been better this year

I think Strider has been better than both after tonight

e: if anything, I'm erasing poor Adley

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Lol, my ruined quad muscles and hips started hurting when I read this.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Carwash oval office posted:

Lol, my ruined quad muscles and hips started hurting when I read this.

He stretches a lot, too

https://twitter.com/BravesOnBally/status/1565472469825249281

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Oswald and Oswaldo better be the DP combo for the rest of the season. Fire torres and IKF into the loving sun.

So you're saying Torres can't be the center piece of a trade for a young superstar now???

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

bawfuls posted:

Uhhh no OP cited wRC+

A 195 wRC+ is 95% better than league average which OP rounded to 100%.

Well the joke is on me!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So you're saying Torres can't be the center piece of a trade for a young superstar now???

They missed that boat the first half of the season.

Donaldson is cooked, play DJ at 3rd, Peraza at SS and Oswaldo at 2B

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
What's the deal with the radio advertising though MLB Audio?

Most games this year I'm treated to a constant stream of crap from Audacity, but yesterday I was listening to the KCSP feed for the Royals @ ChiSox and it was the local commercials airing. The game was also on YouTube, is that why I didn't have to listen to the inserted ads anymore? Or did the Audacity deal expire?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nodoze posted:

That would be the smart thing. They won't though cause it would hurt feelings. Same reason they PH Trevino instead of Donaldson or Torres.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Antifreeze Head posted:

Most games this year I'm treated to a constant stream of crap from Audacity, but yesterday I was listening to the KCSP feed for the Royals @ ChiSox and it was the local commercials airing. The game was also on YouTube, is that why I didn't have to listen to the inserted ads anymore? Or did the Audacity deal expire?

Just like any podcast they probably use your IP and cut in with ads appropriate to your local market. E.G listening to Odd Lots i get York and U of T continuing education ads

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

does FOX only have one national game of the week on Saturday nights or is it regional?

Just asking because the Twins were on FOX last week against the Giants, they're on FOX tomorrow against the White Sox, and next week they're on FOX again against Cleveland.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

I dunno if it’s the local station but listening to games on the radio I am treated to the same lovely ads for podcasts that are 20 percent louder than the radio feed. Absolutely infuriating.

Orioles radio broadcasts have really dived in quality the past few years.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

For some reason I get Michigan and Ohio ads whole listening to the MLB app for Mets games.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

ARod just needs attention. Things have been rough for him lately. jLo dumped him. He’s stuck on ESPN2 with Kay. Jeter got a doc series where he clowned him. He needs this.

Gonna end up with a centaur portrait in every room in the house at this rate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

They missed the boat on that literally hundreds of times i'm sure.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kevin Gaussman has 5.1 fWar but only 2.7 bWar

lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Anthony Volpe has been promoted to Scranton

I would assume he probably makes the team out of ST next year

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/shodoingthings/status/1565557265892945920?s=20&t=KUoFkBlDeeJ9saYwPpuMSQ

That's a better serve than mine and he's probably only done it five times in his life including this clip.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lol

It has been a very weird year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lol