Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://mobile.twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1566217459375521792

That is impressively bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
There is no reason on Earth that Andres Gimenez should be hitting 7th in the Guardians lineup.

Aside from “Tito Francona demands the lineup alternate L//R at all times”.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

A position player relieving another position player should be an automatic forfeit

Agreed, that's loving pathetic.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

secular woods sex posted:

There is no reason on Earth that Andres Gimenez should be hitting 7th in the Guardians lineup.

Aside from “Tito Francona demands the lineup alternate L//R at all times”.

There also should be no reason that Myles Straw is in the lineup period. He is an utter black hole.

They’ve been playing on borrowed time ever since the deadline. They DESPERATELY needed offense and refused to do anything, now they are stuck with a menagerie of guys who couldn’t get on base if their life depended on it. The catching situation is abysmal, the outfield isn’t much better (Steven Kwan is a decent guy to have as a compliment to two other power hitting outfielders but not as the “star” of your outfield), and outside of Josh Naylor and Amed Rosario, there’s very little offense on the right side of the infield or the bench.

Also, Tito, if you could stop running Bryan Shaw out there that would be great. “He can pitch every day!” Isn’t a positive if he sucks out loud. I realize he was great for us 6 years ago but you simply can’t rely on him.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Donaldson/IKF/Hicks are batting 5/6/7 today lmao, that’s a crime against humanity.

https://twitter.com/yankeewrld/status/1566438643979489281?s=21

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
No, what the Saudis are doing to Yemen with US supplied weapons is a crime against humanity. What the Yankees are doing is tight. Flipside Yankees fans genuinely believe what is happening to them is worse than the Yemeni people so ???

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone in LA, I have 2 tickets to the Dodgers game today I can’t use (4pm start). Great seats in the 4th row of the Reserve but they’re in the sun the first ~hour of the game (please hide in the shade). It’s gonna be a scorcher but these are free as in beer, including premium parking pass. DM me here or on Twitter.

Rare opportunity to sit in the exact seats where I saw the Matt Holliday dickshot and Game 7 of the 2017 World Series!

edit: just sent these to a goon, happy day

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 4, 2022

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Kinda glad the Angels didn't wait until August to completely collapse, thanks fellas!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Squall posted:

Tyler Matzek got the win tonight for throwing one pitch. It was an important pitch at least, and better than if Jansen stayed in and got the win for blowing the save. It's a dumb and bad stat.

I'm still mad that Chapman got the win for Game 7 in 2016.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Flipside Yankees fans genuinely believe what is happening to them is worse than the Yemeni people so ???

TBF I only said they were equivalents

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yankees gonna finish 4th in the East.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Speaking of weirdness, the Jays are gonna have two five-game series with Tampa this season.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Professor Funk posted:

Donaldson/IKF/Hicks are batting 5/6/7 today lmao, that’s a crime against humanity.

https://twitter.com/yankeewrld/status/1566438643979489281?s=21

My favorite wRC+ fact is that the 2020 Mets, the team who finished in 4th place in their division with a .433 win pct, had the 5th highest team wRC+ of all time.

The team with the highest of all time was the 1927 Yankees.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mets gonna Yankee.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Eh the Mets have been wasting deGrom starts for way too long to call it Yankeeing

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Hand Knit posted:

Speaking of weirdness, the Jays are gonna have two five-game series with Tampa this season.

Cleveland finishes with a 6 game series home series against KC that includes no double headers 😳

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wrong thread

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

GPTribefan posted:

Cleveland finishes with a 6 game series home series against KC that includes no double headers 😳
Dodgers have this with the Rockies. I think a lot of teams do to make up for lockout cancelations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

bees x1000 posted:

I still don’t understand pitcher wins/losses. Ohtani goes 8 innings with 1 run but Tepera gets the win?

A lot of baseball statistics reflect luck more than anything else.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Edit: Wrong thread

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
N:

V: lol, lmao

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Benni done for the season. Sorry Yankee fans I know your team just won (via bad ump, see above)

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1566539362778619904?s=20&t=ch8qJO4IVrtJze4DypjaPg

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sigh

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Marquee sucks, but it's true. https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/status/1566548381052411908?s=20&t=_3gs0E_ausVMd-ZnsYFHuw

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yankees gonna finish 4th in the East.

inshallah

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I had not looked at the schedule ahead until now and didn't realize Atlanta was headed for a West Coast trip (Oakland, Seattle, SF). At least no Dodgers but the Mets might be gaining some breathing room.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I had not looked at the schedule ahead until now and didn't realize Atlanta was headed for a West Coast trip (Oakland, Seattle, SF). At least no Dodgers but the Mets might be gaining some breathing room.

yea but also https://twitter.com/wonderfulwill/status/1566529163477110784

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Mets schedule coming up is Pirates / Marlins / Cubs / Pirates / Brewers / A's / Marlins so there really is no reason for them not to be completely out of sight by the time they play the Braves in the last week

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

Injuries are the problem. The team was winning with a healthy Stanton, Rizzo, LeMahieu, and Carpenter. Most teams that lose 4 productive bats for an extended period is gonna fall off. I disagreed with the Montgomery trade and Cashman choosing to weaken the rotation or risk it on an undone trade but that hasn't really been the problem. As good as Montgomery has been the pitching has largely been fine. The "Boss" fans are gonna be all "they should have just got Juan Soto" like its just something entirely up to the Yankees being willing to do it but even one AB might not have changed this. You can be critical of Cashman's approach this season (and the past few) to pass on big name free agents he clearly didn't love and go with stop gap veterans. Or the focus on defense and "putting the ball in play" because "we have enough power". But also some of those fans now saying what terrible acquisitions Donaldson and IKF are loved that trade back in the Spring. Its a gamble and it clearly didn't pay off right now.

The team has to start hitting. I don't know what anyone else could do. If you wanna take the Trump approach that firing people is a motivator then we just disagree. They're either gonna start hitting and recover from this or they're just gonna keep digging the hole. I don't see a third option and "fire Boone" is just temper tantrum stuff.

Injuries are a very small part of the issue because most of the injuries, other than Stanton who is hurt for an extended period pretty much every year, have been to the pitching which is only a small part of this collapse the last 2 months. This is flat out bad hitters up and down the lineup and they went into the season with all of it. They have no hitters preforming well other than Judge. Yes they haven't been getting the historically great pitching but that was never going to last the whole year.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

elentar posted:

The Mets schedule coming up is Pirates / Marlins / Cubs / Pirates / Brewers / A's / Marlins so there really is no reason for them not to be completely out of sight by the time they play the Braves in the last week

Yeah, but the Braves have to lose a bit, too. And the Mets have to do that thing where they score runs.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

MrMidnight posted:

Benni done for the season. Sorry Yankee fans I know your team just won (via bad ump, see above)

https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1566539362778619904?s=20&t=ch8qJO4IVrtJze4DypjaPg

the joey gallo curse is REAL

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Of course he'd do that. He was very mean to the cubs and I did not like it one bit.

However, I hope he gets 700.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

N:

https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1566620328595316738

https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1566620438276366337

V:

i love the 2022 seattle mariners

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Shout out to the Cleveland fan who's been in that park for 11 hours and is still pumped to catch the other team's home run

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I feel this tweet very strongly

Still remember that gutpunch when the Astros moved to the AL West and Pujols immediately signed with the Angels

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

#53 was a bomb. Not too familiar with the Trop, but I'm gonna guess that not many get hit up there

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1566490137458053122

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Fix It posted:

i love the 2022 seattle mariners

GOMS

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

shirts and skins posted:

N:

V: lol, lmao

This looks really bad based on the box shown on TV, but the side view shows the ball at the knees. That said, I wouldn’t be a sports fan if I also didn’t get upset if the call went against my team.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/status/1566757699794108422?s=21&t=nwx4TuirmWDU0CrSxFALnQ

Sharks circling

Lotta good content in the replies to that tweet

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This lineup might be worse than yesterday’s. My God.

https://twitter.com/yankees/status/1566788265818181638?s=21