Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Finding out from Deadlock that WWE once ran a promotion where you could spend $300 to sit in a steel cage and eat beef ravioli with The Big Show

This sounds more like some sort of challenge from the reality show era of NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Observer notes on this week's Deadlock pod start around the 41 min mark

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Finding out from Deadlock that WWE once ran a promotion where you could spend $300 to sit in a steel cage and eat beef ravioli with The Big Show

It should have been with Mick Foley!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

explosivo posted:

Observer notes on this week's Deadlock pod start around the 41 min mark

Why would you skip the Patreon Shouts Outs?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I listen to them in the vain hope I figured out how to show up as a "new" patron so they read my funny name change that isn't Dick The Cock Johnson variant #2547 :v:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Angry_Ed posted:

I listen to them in the vain hope I figured out how to show up as a "new" patron so they read my funny name change that isn't Dick The Cock Johnson variant #2547 :v:

does bumping up the donation amount not do it?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Something about how Dave quietly asked if they should stop recording so he can watch a gif of Ruby landing on her head made me chuckle. He's the best.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Sometimes I don't want to hear any more dick the cock johnson jokes and just want to get to the review part of the show :shrug:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Note that two people ate delicious tomato pasta with the big show and many more crowded around the cage to stare at him for free like some sort of enormous zoo animal.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

explosivo posted:

Sometimes I don't want to hear any more dick the cock johnson jokes and just want to get to the review part of the show :shrug:

Couldn’t be me

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

projecthalaxy posted:

Note that two people ate delicious tomato pasta with the big show and many more crowded around the cage to stare at him for free like some sort of enormous zoo animal.

this is an amazing visual

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1566853688949448709?s=21&t=jsZZoj0dijel7kQ-GaG-5w

Heh

E: nicely timed, looking at the previous posts

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bix using the Punk shoot to call out Bryan Alvarez for a newsletter from 16 years ago is so awesome

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Dying at “fartin on her pussy like a sybian”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

heyman voice: why can't you all be more like CW? I dont pay him and he doesn't mind!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1566855477484523521

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

heyman voice: why can't you all be more like CW? I dont pay him and he doesn't mind!

Spike Dudley, get out there and get your rear end beat by Da Baldies. EC-DUB! EC-DUB! EC-DUB!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
(Me listening to the second night of Punk/Elite fight stories): drat the next Acclaimed entrance gonna be funny as hell.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

for a hot second i thought dave was gonna cut the exact same punk promo on his own enemies

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

for a hot second i thought dave was gonna cut the exact same punk promo on his own enemies

I laughed so much when it looked like Dave was gonna go,"gently caress it, I'm gonna start burying people too!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's fun dramatic weeks like this I wish Everything Elite still existed or that Deadlock still acknowledged the existence of AEW :smith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

as someone that has checked out of wrestling other than laughing at the wwe thread and deadlock, why exactly is AEW in disarray

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

as someone that has checked out of wrestling other than laughing at the wwe thread and deadlock, why exactly is AEW in disarray

Punk is an narcissist, act like a giant baby, attacks coworkers

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Raskolnikov38 posted:

AEW World Champion CM Punk is allegedly causing drama backstage, exacerbated by the presser he did Sunday night where he called out the EVPs. Considering the direction the title is taking, it might not be a work.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why exactly is AEW in disarray

scott colton being a disloyal friend

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

algebra testes posted:

(Me listening to the second night of Punk/Elite fight stories): drat the next Acclaimed entrance gonna be funny as hell.

Max Caster has been pre-emptively suspended and given sensitivity training

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also by sending Ace Steel to aggressively nom the head of one Kenneth C. Omega, by far the funniest part of the controversy.

Second funniest was when TK was trying desperately to allow someone to ask a question at the press conference and Punk cut him off with "hey I'm trying to run a business here" and a raised hand.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Also by sending Ace Steel to aggressively nom the head of one Kenneth C. Omega, by far the funniest part of the controversy.

Second funniest was when TK was trying desperately to allow someone to ask a question at the press conference and Punk cut him off with "hey I'm trying to run a business here" and a raised hand.

I literally just watched that. Punk saying he's running a business here and the first million dollar gate off his back. Incredible poo poo.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 6, 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I literally just watched that. Punk saying he's running a business here and the first million dollar gate of his back. Incredible poo poo.

Its so cool

Tony Khan is Dixie and Punk is Hogan, and TK doesn't even realize it

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

AEW started as a platform to showcase the Young Bucks & Co having drawn a ton of money off of the independent show they ran. Cornette derogatorily refers to this as "Best Friends Wrestling" as basically anyone who was a friend of the Bucks got hired. In the beginning Cody was a part of that as well, with him, the Bucks and Omega all being named EVPs of the company. Tony was the money guy and running the show with their help, as the business developed and he learned how to run poo poo on his own he took over the role more, particularly as the Bucks and Cody apparently had different ideas of how to do poo poo. TK started turning the company into more than just a place for the Young Bucks and their friends to have a place to work. Over the last year, more big names have come into the company and pushed some of those friends out of their spots. Now the big names have been proven to be draws, but it's let to fragmentation in the camp of the "friends". One friend that was rumored to be pushed out of their spot was Colt Cabana who is well liked by a lot of people not named CM Punk. Tony claimed he was going to move Cabana to ROH but they've ran two shows and Cabana wasn't really featured on either show thus far. Punk claims he didn't have anything to do with the Cabana situation but the rumor has been that he did, despite Tony Khan saying in an interview earlier this week that he didn't. Earlier this year Hangman Page had a feud with Punk and referenced Punk doing this which was apparently something Page did on his own. Punk was pissed off but for whatever reason didn't retort until three weeks ago when he returned from his foot injury and called Page out during a promo in which he was not supposed to call him out.

The last weekend during a post show media presser, Punk called out the EVPs(Omega and the Bucks) for rumor-mongering and spreading gossip about the Cabana situation and told them if they had a problem to come find him, and shortly after leaving the media scrum they did and the result was a fight between the EVPs and Punk/Ace Steel.

The disarray is now that you have two camps of wrestlers in the company threatening to walk out out this poo poo. One camp has the world champion and biggest draw, and the other has your trios champion one of whom is one of the other major draws in the company. Even if you want to believe that Punk got Cabana axed, Punk is a huge draw for the company and probably should have that power to some degree over a guy like Cabana that means nothing. At the same time, Punk would be incredibly petty for doing that and it sets a bad example if TK starts letting the boys dictate who he can and can't hire.

At the end of the day, Punk is going to need to be put in his place for being a petty jerk who goes into business for himself after a feud is over because a guy said something during the feud that was an ugly rumor. At the same time, the Bucks and Omega are going to need to learn that TK is running a loving business and his job isn't to let the Elite do/get whatever they want.

The other piece of this puzzle is that TK has had to deal with everything on his own and being a busy guy is often unreachable which has made numerous talent such as Bobby Fish, Malakai Black, and others pissed that they don't get face time with him. He's appointed some people to help delegate this but I guess it wasn't enough for Fish who is now gone, and Black who has either somehow gotten out of his contract and heading back to WWE or is taking some time off for mental health reasons. So presumably going forward there should be more checks in place to keep communication open.

The MJF situation seems largely separate from these issues except that it sounded like Punk lumped MJF in with Page as someone that doesn't want to listen to veterans, but that could be them working the angle. I guess we'll find out.

This is Tony's first real big test in dealing with massive egos that each represent a large part of the company so it's interesting to see where it goes.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

algebra testes posted:

lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For what it's worth, Punk's comments about MJF seemed to be him sliding back towards kayfabe, I think that was him just building the theoretical next title match.

On top of everything else, i still don't understand what the hell Punk's whole 'the apology should be as public as the disrespect' crap was: Did he want Page to come out and cut a promo explaining exactly what Punk was mad about (thereby making it way more public) and then apologise? Or apologise for some vague thing from months earlier?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan was pretty heated on WOL today

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

bryan was pretty heated on WOL today

of course he was, he's worried Punk and Ace are coming for him next

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

Nah, he'd be fine with his backup, Filthy Tom actually won a few fights.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
What was about CM Punk saying that Hangman want into business himself and almost jeopardized the show?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, he'd be fine with his backup, Filthy Tom actually won a few fights.

Tom gets stuck in Japan so Bryan has to rely on Vinny and Craig as backup

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alaois posted:

it would be hilarious if former ufc fighter cm punk stepped up to and got his rear end handed to him by tiny little chico alvarez

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

pedro sauer black belt nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

it would be hilarious if former ufc fighter cm punk stepped up to and got his rear end handed to him by tiny little chico alvarez

Alvarez would stretch the poo poo out of cm punk Stu hart style