Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it even goes back further. Like it was rumored The Rock had been cast for years before it was confirmed and originally it was as part of a Shazam film that was in development forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

I think it even goes back further. Like it was rumored The Rock had been cast for years before it was confirmed and originally it was as part of a Shazam film that was in development forever.

Yeah, I think it was kinda before The Rock became Actual Movie Star so I'm sure he was like 'yeah sure superhero movie whatever' but it has been around as a thing for a while.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Rock's been attached since he had hair and was just regular buff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I want him to pick up where late 90s ahnuld dropped the ball as...

DOC SAVAGE THE MAN OF BRONZE

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The plot thickens

https://twitter.com/danny8bit/status/1568040281907539968?s=46&t=KJdvpAI9Yzi3kat4bIRVkQ

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Can't find it on UK Netflix. Looks like it's not Morbin' time for us yet.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

#1? That's super impressive! They should rerelease it in theatres.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Honestly, what else has dropped on Netflix the past week or two that Morbius would be competing with?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/NerdIsAHeather/status/1567975088179363841
Edit: That last bit is Sarandon's words

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 9, 2022

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So I just watched both Love and Thunder and the Ms. Marvel series on a friend's recommendation. I know all of you have probably already seen both many months ago now but I was waiting for L&T to go on D+ and I wasn't really interested in Ms. Marvels, or in fact any of the shows after Loki and Wandavision.

Love and Thunder was decent. I do not think it was better than Thor: Ragnarok, but it wasn't bad. That scene where Valkyrie steals the Thunderbolt, hops up on the balcony, turns back around to kneel and kiss the goddess' hand and smirk was by far my most FAVORITE part of the entire movie, I absolutely love love loved that small bit. I also appreciated that it turns out that no, Zeus' Thunderbolt is actually seriously powerful. I was genuinely expecting it to just be a prop that was useless in actual combat. I hope Valkyrie gets to keep it, give her her own super strong weapon. Give her a show too, for fucks sake, she's great.

Ms. Marvel though, I genuinely really really loved, and I honestly think it's one of the best shows so far. I think I would rank Wandavision first, Ms. Marvel second, and Loki third, and the rest are kind of nebulous. I mean it, I actually think it's fantastic. There's so much Pakistani and Muslim representation here that I am all for. I think if you watch it just as a superhero thing and expecting something grand like, for example, Thor, you won't be enthused and probably actually disappointed, but as a representation of a people and their struggles, both personally and culturally, I think it's really solid. The one thing I can remember that I outright didn't like was the ending post credits scene to be honest. I saw Carol and I was like "oh no, please go away." I will say that this series made me actually want to go watch The Marvels when it comes out when I was just going to outright skip it before, and now I'm probably going to be disappointed when it won't be the Kamala Power Hour I actually want.

One of the reasons why I didn't want to watch Ms. Marvel before was I heard that it was more of a kids show than the others and that they radically changed the nature of her powers from what they are in the comics, both things I'm not a fan of, but actually watching it I found myself accepting and liking both by the end. A show where almost every single character was just fantastic, with my other real gripe being that the villains of this just weren't that engaging or interesting, but not only is that kind of a problem in most of the Marvel stuff, but also the hero vs. villain story really isn't the point of the show.

Again, it took me from the stance of "I don't want to watch this and don't care" to "I want to see more of these characters going forward, this is great."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ms. Marvel is excellent, so glad you were convinced to watch it.

She-Hulk is keeping up that trend too. It's much more of a comedy, but the characters are all just so fun.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I also just saw Love and Thunder on the first Friday when it was free.

First half-ish was fairly cringey, but I liked it once they brought Foster in. I wish Thor's relationship with his weapon had been in the movies since day 1, but if I could change one thing about the MCU timeline, I'd add Madisynn into Omnipotence City. Obvious choice would be a Zeus girl, but I'd be fine with her in a front row seat somewhere.
e: also King Valkyrie owns.

StumblyWumbly fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 10, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So did anyone watch that Samaritan movie with Stallone? I haven't heard a single peep about it anywhere

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Opopanax posted:

So did anyone watch that Samaritan movie with Stallone? I haven't heard a single peep about it anywhere

I was sad that it wasn't Astro City. But I haven't actually seen it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only things I’ve heard about Samaritan have been negative but not even in a full throated way. Like people seem to not like it but also not feel it’s worth the effort. I get the impression it’s just a generic bad action film.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The D23 Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th presentation is starting in a few (not sure what order the studios will be in), but I'd encourage people to keep their expectations in check. Marvel Studios has 40-45 minutes, at most an hour or so, of a two-hour presentation; they're probably not going to announce every Phase 6 project and casting for every Phase 5 project

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Im most interested in F4 casting. We get that, I’m happy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually just want confirmation on the Halloween/Werewolf by Night special. We’ve heard so little on that I’m worried it died/got pushed back. Hoping they did it in secret.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I actually just want confirmation on the Halloween/Werewolf by Night special. We’ve heard so little on that I’m worried it died/got pushed back. Hoping they did it in secret.

I was just asking about that in the other thread. Supposedly it’s still out and was filming all summer but I can’t find anything solid and nothing at all since June

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah it seems weird we’ve heard nothing since I’d guess it’s basically a Disney+ movie. Maybe it’s low scale enough that it flew under the radar or something offbeat they kept quiet. But either way if it’s coming next month I assume it will be announced this weekend. If not then I guess it’s not happening.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I think the thing I like about the D+ marvel shows is that they really give a chance for supporting characters to grow and in some cases steal a show or the moment. They have all had great characters that it seem everyone wants a show made just about them. From Agatha to detective woo, to ms marvels parents, Madisynn, etc. In the movies these characters would just be support for the main plot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. And in some cases like with the Kahns or Madisynn it’s just people liking supporting characters but it’s also been an effective way to introduce characters like Agatha or Monica from WandaVision they have future plans for. Compared to like the way Black Knight was very half assed introduced in Eternals. In these longer shows there’s really time to have those kind of secondary agendas.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

If you can't figure out the ending after watching the opening narration, you're terrible at movies. It sucked.

However I watched Day Shift on Netflix later that night and that was a really enjoyable action vampire movie

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hmm. Giancarlo Esposito is already at D23 for the Mandalorian. Wonder if he gets to go out on stage twice.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I feel bad for the animal people on the steam right now, since absolutely no one wants to see this presentation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

These things are also for investors so it's good to show off everything. Like yesterday how fans were like waaah why are they showing off mobile games? I don't like hearing about Disney tapping into a massive market when it means I don't get Wolverine news!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Lobok posted:

These things are also for investors so it's good to show off everything. Like yesterday how fans were like waaah why are they showing off mobile games? I don't like hearing about Disney tapping into a massive market when it means I don't get Wolverine news!

I can totally understand the sentiment though. I saw a trailer for a cool looking Hulk thing, with She-Hulk and Red Hulk... and it was a mobile game. Can we get a cool Hulk game for real someday?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeeksOfColor/status/1568672228719611905

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1568673820395077632?s=20&t=YcZDuLS_-vVom2PpdHvt1A

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That looks cool as hell. Not what I was expecting

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1568674698028007424

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Not the direction I was expecting at all. Looks very weird, but could be interesting.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Oh poo poo.

Secret Invasion trailer has a really cool atmosphere, but they still have revealed basically nothing at all about the plot specifics.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 10, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Oh poo poo.

Secret Invasion trailer has a really cool atmosphere, but they still have revealed basically nothing at all about the plot specifics.
Probably for the best. I like the thriller vibe they appear to be going for.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1568676306090622977

Data and Short Round, in case you didn't know who he is.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Re: Secret Invasion - Are those some kind of cloning pods? Or maybe stasis chambers they have been keeping the people they kidnapped?

It also seems to imply that some people have been switched out for a long time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If it's going by the original story they are probably stasis pods

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Is the Marvel stream hidden somewhere? Why am I seeing this stuff on Twitter first?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't think there's a stream for the main stuff.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Codependent Poster posted:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1568676306090622977

Data and Short Round, in case you didn't know who he is.

Weird. The dude had a 20 year break from acting and then he returns in a major movie and Loki for his first projects back.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Insane.