Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Babu Frik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why, Tattooine rules. Stop pretending it dont

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Y’all leave Jawa Fucker alone, she owns in ever episode she’s been in.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

pellis pure distilled star wars and should be in every show

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sash! posted:

Han Solo was competent, skilled, and capable.

Jack Burton spent The Big Fight Scene pinned under a corpse.

Han Solo drove a shitpile that kept breaking down and got his rear end captured by teddy bears.

Jack Burton drove a badass 18 wheeler and killed the Ultimate Evil Spirit.

Check and mate, hansailurers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I wonder if those fighters you see Din going against are meant to be R-41 Starchasers. They're not quite the same, but very close.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's been a long time since I've seen rebels and I can't remember, were Ezra and Sabine a thing, or at least heading that way, by the end? I feel there was a decent age gap

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Azhais posted:

It's been a long time since I've seen rebels and I can't remember, were Ezra and Sabine a thing, or at least heading that way, by the end? I feel there was a decent age gap

She's 2 years his senior (he'd be about 29 and she 31 by the time Ahsoka takes place)
He's flirted with her all of once (badly)
They're more like siblings by the end of Rebels, and he trusted her to find him after he pulled his stunt with the whales

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wonder if those fighters you see Din going against are meant to be R-41 Starchasers. They're not quite the same, but very close.

'sup Pyro GX

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Initially thought that from the video camera recording of the trailer but I'd bet more that they're that lovely Porsche fighter they made a couple years back (which got a cameo in Obi-Wan)

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 11, 2022

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

saying Din's cult tore the Mandalorians apart is a pretty fuckin bold claim from the leader of Death Watch

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Radio! posted:

saying Din's cult tore the Mandalorians apart is a pretty fuckin bold claim from the leader of Death Watch

It's on brand. Death Watch are idiots.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

teagone posted:

It's on brand. Death Watch are idiots.

Self-righteous idiots at that!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Mando's cult is probably an offshoot of Death Watch so it's an Idiot Civil War.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This season supposedly features a big time skip, do you suppose it’ll be up front or mid-season? Carl Weathers seems to have been through a lot in the mean time.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bust Rodd posted:

This season supposedly features a big time skip, do you suppose it’ll be up front or mid-season? Carl Weathers seems to have been through a lot in the mean time.

Carl Weathered

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
the more the scope expands and the stakes are raised the less interested i am in this show.

i mean i'll watch s3 regardless but i'll be a little bit sad about it

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

peer posted:

the more the scope expands and the stakes are raised the less interested i am in this show.

i mean i'll watch s3 regardless but i'll be a little bit sad about it

Kinda feel that same way a little bit.

I love the Mandalorian but don't really give two shits about Mandalorians. But I get they have to make him King or something for some reason.

Just let the guy go around killing idiots while teaching his kid to kill idiots for a bit first.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently when Jon Favreau originally pitched the show, he settled on doing a western about a Mandalorian OC because he figured they'd never let him do a show about Boba Fett. When he mentioned his idea, Lucasfilm got him connected with Filoni, who was developing his own ideas for what happened to the Mandalorians as a culture after Clone Wars and Rebels.

So it was kind of inevitable that the whole Mandalorian Game of Thrones stuff would creep into the series with Filoni working on it, and I wonder if any Favreau's original ideas for where the show might go prior to Filoni went to Book of Boba Fett instead? The "bounty hunter rises to crime lord, but a nice one" arc makes more sense if Din's trying to clean up the town to create a place to raise his kid, and Greef Karga makes more sense as a political advisor than Fennec Shand.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s likely going to combine the best of both worlds just like the series has done so far. You’ll have 3-4 big epic story episodes and the rest will be one off adventures. Have faith.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s likely going to combine the best of both worlds just like the series has done so far. You’ll have 3-4 big epic story episodes and the rest will be one off adventures. Have faith.

lol this post

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

mutata posted:

lol this post

I mean, they’re right though. That’s what the Mandalorian as a show does. A mix of episodic and serialized content. Dunno why you would expect otherwise at this point.

It’s not impossible they could buck the trend, but as a default assumption it seems more than reasonable.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We are absolutely gonna have episode or two where the Naboo fighter breaks down on route to the main plot planet and Mando has to save a village from monsters/empire, etc. Gonna own, can’t wait.

It’s always funny how in the past the complaints were always that Mando’s plot is going nowhere and now the complaints are that Mando’s plot needs to slow down.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think the complaint is that the plot of The Mandolorian has completely changed between S2 and S3 and the entire premise of the series was completely upended & derailed in a totally different show, essentially happening off screen for people who didn’t watch BoBF

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bust Rodd posted:

I think the complaint is that the plot of The Mandolorian has completely changed between S2 and S3 and the entire premise of the series was completely upended & derailed in a totally different show, essentially happening off screen for people who didn’t watch BoBF

The immediate plot basically concluded at the end of season 2 so it's hardly a shock that it's changed direction.

As others have said there'll be plenty of one off adventure to enjoy between the Mandalorian stuff.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We need to distract audiences with the Mandalore storyline so that it's a surprise when older, Handsome Squidward Grogu appears to wreck poo poo up Jedi style.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Unpopular opinion: Andor has such a cool maturity to it that it kinda makes the Clone Wars-Rebels-Mandalorian-Ahsoka lovefest feel juvenile and indulgent to me. Even Obi-Wan Kenobi, for its faults, by not having Filoni's voice in it it felt different and wasn't cameo city.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Szmitten posted:

Unpopular opinion: Andor has such a cool maturity to it that it kinda makes the Clone Wars-Rebels-Mandalorian-Ahsoka lovefest feel juvenile and indulgent to me. Even Obi-Wan Kenobi, for its faults, by not having Filoni's voice in it it felt different and wasn't cameo city.

Did Andor get released early in some places?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did Andor get released early in some places?

There’s a new trailer out.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s a new trailer out.

I know. I'd wait until the show actually drops before praising it for having a 'cool maturity.' And given where it takes place in the timeline it could also very well be 'cameo city.'

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
It's also based upon some full scenes that have been released which had a certain tone to them.

And for what it's worth, Gilroy is a pretty big "I'm not a Star Wars nerd" guy in his interviews. The original Andor pitch had a big pivot after the original showrunner left. Gilroy was asked for feedback on what they had, and he had a ton of notes on how the story should work that he gave to Kennedy. She loved it and he was brought in to refocus the story and tone.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jose Oquendo posted:

I know. I'd wait until the show actually drops before praising it for having a 'cool maturity.' And given where it takes place in the timeline it could also very well be 'cameo city.'

Asking goons not to jump to assumptions about the quality of something based on trailers? Do you even know what subforum this is??

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Andor is trying to recapture that fan mentality of "not your dad's kiddy star wars" that Rogue One aimed for (and fell short of most of the time). I'll give it a watch but if it is going for a hardline stance I hope it commits to it rather than tossing it aside for fanservice like Rogue One ended up doing.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I thought Rogue One was widely regarded as A Good Star War by hardcore nerds and casual fans alike. I only saw it once right after it came out on Blu-Ray, but I remember thinking it was a solid B+.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Inferior Third Season posted:

I thought Rogue One was widely regarded as A Good Star War by hardcore nerds and casual fans alike. I only saw it once right after it came out on Blu-Ray, but I remember thinking it was a solid B+.

It's fine but there was definitely an attitude surrounding the film of it being darker and more mature than other star wars films despite it not really being that.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Rogue One comes more directly out of Filoni stuff than any other live action Star Wars movie. Saw Gerrera was in it. It’s less goofy than CW/Rebels, but takes a lot of cues from it.

I guess you can argue Solo kind of ties into the Filoni stuff as well but it’s much more tenuous imo.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

skasion posted:

Rogue One comes more directly out of Filoni stuff than any other live action Star Wars movie. Saw Gerrera was in it.

IIRC, Forest Whitaker's character had another name originally, and at some point they decided to turn him into an old Saw Gerrera to establish some kind of continuity with the Clone Wars show.
Gerrera looks completely different in The Clone Wars (blue eyes, for one), and Rebels actually did a decent job of bridging the two looks retroactively.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Inferior Third Season posted:

The last third is considered a good Star War on account of actually having a Star War

Almost everything up until then is usually considered milquetoast

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

skasion posted:

Rogue One comes more directly out of Filoni stuff than any other live action Star Wars movie. Saw Gerrera was in it. It’s less goofy than CW/Rebels, but takes a lot of cues from it.

I guess you can argue Solo kind of ties into the Filoni stuff as well but it’s much more tenuous imo.

You can also see Chopper tooling around the Rebel Base and at one point the intercom is calling for General Syndulla. Plus I believe the Ghost is shown at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vinylshadow posted:

The last third is considered a good Star War on account of actually having a Star War

Almost everything up until then is usually considered milquetoast

i think most of the sequences are good, all of jedha slaps, it just lacks overall characterization and suffers from not committing to jyn being a terrorist