Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah I imagine it'll be kinda Iike my union where we have engineers and technicians under the same umbrella but we ratify separate contracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Feels disappointing but hard to complain about 4-4 West Coast trip for Atlanta especially if the Mets don't really gain much ground

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

separate bargaining units, separate CBAs, one union

And the MiLB unit covers every EDIT: affiliated league in the US, including the complex leagues, which is very neat.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 15, 2022

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

And the MiLB covers every league in the US, including the complex leagues, which is very neat.

Interesting I did not realize that independent pro league players were covered under the MiLB.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

separate bargaining units, separate CBAs, one union

Cool thanks, hopefully the MiLB bargaining process is less arduous than what the MLBPA went through last time.

Inspector_666 posted:

And the MiLB unit covers every league in the US, including the complex leagues, which is very neat.

owns.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Feels disappointing but hard to complain about 4-4 West Coast trip for Atlanta especially if the Mets don't really gain much ground

Mets are losing ground, in fact.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Interesting I did not realize that independent pro league players were covered under the MiLB.

Sorry, I meant affiliated minor leagues. Indy ball is still on their own as far as I know.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I know you Cubs fans love Baez but this is a rough one

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1570123818319978500

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Look sometimes he does that, you just gotta accept it and embrace the Baez cause the flip side is the play where he stole 1st against the Pirates.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Well he did also homer in the game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh are we besmirching the Detroit Tigers 2022 bWAR leader now????

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Intruder posted:

is this a true outcome

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is this a true outcome

It's in fact two true outcomes. Baez the miracle worker.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Also you gotta embrace Javy swinging out of his shoes at breaking balls that might as well be in Windsor because if they hang one to him it ends up on the moon. Also since he does... that a lot it's always fun when he draws a walk, usually by accident

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Intruder posted:

He's not even trying at this point

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's literally a normal javy at bat

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Speaking of the Cubs pay attention Mets and Braves fans, we're gonna make one of your teams very happy over the next couple days. Probably the Mets but hey you never know.

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol mets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

2007 vibes

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's literally a normal javy at bat

That bad bunt compilation reminded me of him bunt striking out in game 7. Now that is a special Javy AB.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
just wish atlanta could have taken more advantage of the good work the valiant cubs (and others!) have done these past few weeks

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao you're welcome Braves posters but also I'm sorry Mets posters for just absolutely cursing you like this.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Bird in a Blender posted:

That bad bunt compilation reminded me of him bunt striking out in game 7. Now that is a special Javy AB.

there's no way that wasn't a maddon special. He was actually pissed about it which he usually isn't when he strikes out of his shoes on his own

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Tigers still owe Javy $120 million after this season if he doesn't exercise his 2023 opt-out (obviously that's not happening)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/espnstatsinfo/status/1570237551692095488

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeFrancesa/status/1570237610538442752?s=20&t=qflmujv0O6GwOz93qge9WQ

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Look, there's no shame in losing to the 2nd half Cubs. They just play good fundamental baseball (bunt)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

This is a >.500 team. I feel it in my bones.

:v:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/1570201319826128905?cxt=HHwWkoCw4f7xvMorAAAA

Yadi & Waino broke the record for battery starts tonight. 325.

Shout out to the Brewers and Yelich. He stayed back and let the first pitch come through, classy as gently caress :love:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/1570201319826128905?cxt=HHwWkoCw4f7xvMorAAAA

Shout out to the Brewers and Yelich. He stayed back and let the first pitch come through, classy as gently caress :love:

do wainright and molina each get a commerative half a ball

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yelich should have blasted one over the arch.

coward

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

new rule idea: ejected players are not allowed to be substituted for. Batter gets tossed for arguing balls/strike, 8 v 9 baby

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Incredible moment for two hall of famers to play together on one team for their entire careers which is unprecedented in modern baseball in front of their loyal fans

for me to poop on

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

*Tim Kurkjian voice*

Miguel Cairo played everywhere, and he played everywhere, logging games at every position except pitcher, catcher and center fielder.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

new rule idea: ejected players are not allowed to be substituted for. Batter gets tossed for arguing balls/strike, 8 v 9 baby
i would simply get the bottom half of the lineup ejected and try to run up the score with my 1/5 batters

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Any contending team could have had Drew Smyly for a 19 year old lottery ticket pitcher. He has a 2.23 ERA in August.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 15, 2022

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

*Ejected players may be replaced by a member of the crowd

Also if the manager gets ejected then they have to take all coaches and support staff with them (except bat boys/girls)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Look, there's no shame in losing to the 2nd half Cubs. They just play good fundamental baseball (bunt)

The second half Cubs are above .500 and their starters' ERA is the 4th best in the majors

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Popete posted:

Yelich should have blasted one over the arch.

coward

whoa!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Incredible moment for two hall of famers to play together on one team for their entire careers which is unprecedented in modern baseball in front of their loyal fans

for me to poop on

whoa!!!!!

stump collector posted:

do wainright and molina each get a commerative half a ball

They have to hold hands with the ball in the middle forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

Any contending team could have had Drew Smyly for a 19 year old lottery ticket pitcher. He has a 2.23 ERA in August.

He gave up 5 runs in 4 IP to the Giants like a day before the TDL, and otherwise had a pretty abysmal stretch through May-July (4.63 ERA in May, didn't pitch in June because of injury, 6.06 ERA in July). Not surprised he wasn't big on most contender radars.

Also it was a 0.90 ERA in August over 30 IP, paired with a 21% K rate and 5% BB rate, lol. Dude pitched out of his mind in August and has been good so far this month too outside of a minor blowup to the lefty-murdering Cardinals. It's been a good enough run that I wouldn't mind seeing him back with the Cubs next year.