Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That explains the divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLxs3yU23-w

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

keep that poo poo contained in the hellthread

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dave’s a blue check guy now.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

jesus WEP posted:

Jim Cornette reading about anime dating sims and "harem anime" is actually pretty funny and he managed not to say anything gross! Maybe anime weebs will derail him long enough to become an anime reviewer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Granny disses Vietnamese food, says she doesn't follow what goes on in other countries, says she misses Vince, and threatens violence. Going for that '24 GOP primary

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

end of an era.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
do you think Dave chose that photo himself or was it chosen for him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I've been telling you this guy has lost it.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

do you think Dave chose that photo himself or was it chosen for him

i think garrett and someone else made him get it so he could get verification

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
There was the implication made that there are a large number of Dave Meltzer accounts on twitter using his old twitter image and that may have fooled some wrestlers into thinking false reports were genuine. Might even have increased AEW tensions.

I think that may have played into Dave finally getting pushed into getting verified.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Punk destroys his career because he can't spell "Meltzer" on twitter.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This is the most viral build of all time to punk’s debut in CYN with the guy who tackled Seth Rollins as the tag team of catfished dupes.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1570467713813983232

"a general correct answer" Oh, Bryan... :allears:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

A general correct answer is now my goto for when I'm wrong

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

how can people listen to this guy, he just sounds all aggro all the time but not in a fun Alvarez way

https://twitter.com/phoenixyassine/status/1570444055808561152?s=46&t=5LoWIYDonUvnc1bUtvUCNg

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I honestly think Alverz's voice makes him more endearing to me than if he had what would be considered a neckbeard podcaster voice. The falsetto Alvarez voice reaches when annoyed truly makes every rant he goes on so much better, it's like singing in agony

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think the elite are slimy worms and I hope they are eaten by a big bird

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the escape goat posted:

how can people listen to this guy, he just sounds all aggro all the time but not in a fun Alvarez way

very easily

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

the escape goat posted:

https://twitter.com/phoenixyassine/status/1570444055808561152?s=46&t=5LoWIYDonUvnc1bUtvUCNg

Different strokes and all but for me the VoW flagship is probably the only current wrestling podcast worth listening to.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think the elite are slimy worms and I hope they are eaten by a big bird

AEWxSesame Street Forbidden Door is going to be wild.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Listening to VoW for Ricky Starks leak on the AEW stuff, listening to PWTorch for CM Punk's leak on AEW stuff, and listening to WO for Jericho and The Elite's leak on AEW stuff. Coming out of it with Rashomon-brain. I need a podcast that Larry has leaked the real scoop to

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

now THAT is corporate synergy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

duckdealer posted:

Different strokes and all but for me the VoW flagship is probably the only current wrestling podcast worth listening to.
There's a lot of wrestling podcasts I'll catch up on but at the pace wrestling news is coming out these days I just prefer personality-based podcasts. Deadlock has me laughing every single episode and Grapsody is good to get different perspectives and outside of that I just listen to Denise occasionally when my feed is empty on a big news week and nothing but WoR Best Of's with Brian and Vinny (and granny and craig)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like to listen to borderline bad quality tinny audio, especially if the person is making money off it. but content, as they say, is king.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Just listen to regals podcast because he goes off on tangents more than meltzer.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

the escape goat posted:

That's just called being Italian

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

There's a lot of wrestling podcasts I'll catch up on but at the pace wrestling news is coming out these days I just prefer personality-based podcasts. Deadlock has me laughing every single episode and Grapsody is good to get different perspectives and outside of that I just listen to Denise occasionally when my feed is empty on a big news week and nothing but WoR Best Of's with Brian and Vinny (and granny and craig)

What's grapsody I've never heard of it?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Suplex Liberace posted:

What's grapsody I've never heard of it?
If you've ever stumbled upon RBR it's William R Washington's new podcast. It's an all-black podcast with high production and William R has a Meltzer type of mind for wrestling but is so much more charismatic. It's on the Fightful podcast network so there's Denise and SRS around too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqVEgw_dkAs

William R Washington has been doing podcasts for 15 years and is absolutely one of the best hosts of any wrestling podcast. His first cousin is also Swerve so he's got some scoops

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

If you've ever stumbled upon RBR it's William R Washington's new podcast. It's an all-black podcast with high production and William R has a Meltzer type of mind for wrestling but is so much more charismatic. It's on the Fightful podcast network so there's Denise and SRS around too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqVEgw_dkAs

William R Washington has been doing podcasts for 15 years and is absolutely one of the best hosts of any wrestling podcast. His first cousin is also Swerve so he's got some scoops

Yeah, graposdy is the swerve leaks podcast if you want to get real rashomon brain

I'll also rep Post-Wrestling podcast when they have Wai Ting on as another good news, analysis, and scoops pod

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

the escape goat posted:

Maybe I'm naive but I find it hard to believe a guy who worked in DDT to say that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

UnleashedDad posted:

Maybe I'm naive but I find it hard to believe a guy who worked in DDT to say that

Maybe that's why he wouldn't have hired them, so he had enough budget to bring Dieno to America full-time

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

edogawa rando posted:

Lots of Count spots ah ah ah.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

the escape goat posted:

Yeah Lanza when he's being dismissive of things just comes off so meanspirited in a bad way.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Tato posted:

Listening to VoW for Ricky Starks leak on the AEW stuff, listening to PWTorch for CM Punk's leak on AEW stuff, and listening to WO for Jericho and The Elite's leak on AEW stuff. Coming out of it with Rashomon-brain. I need a podcast that Larry has leaked the real scoop to

I feel like from the way Dave has said/reported some things that maybe he's been speaking with Punk as well.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

"They call it Shotgun Saturday Night 'cause everyone wanted to take a shotgun to their face when they saw Honky Tonk Man. gently caress! Go away!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am thankful that some brave people are going to risk the stigma of being known as one of The Podcasters and start a wrestling podcast that dares to talk about something other than old shows that have been mockingly reviewed 50 times.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

DrVenkman posted:

I feel like from the way Dave has said/reported some things that maybe he's been speaking with Punk as well.

We already know Dave could have stopped this by reaching out to Punk. Alas, the man has deadlines :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

neoaxd posted:

"They call it Shotgun Saturday Night 'cause everyone wanted to take a shotgun to their face when they saw Honky Tonk Man. gently caress! Go away!"

SHOTGUN SHAWATERDAY NIGHT