Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mekchu feels like town to me. And yeah, good Bourdain clip.

##vote LobsterMobster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

This really made my morning :unsmith:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Related to the actual game, I do think there are a couple scum in that Gumball vote from Day 1. I probably should have hopped on the train to get them lynched but I was still kinda in the dark in terms of info (as most of us are still, I think) and didnt wanna murder an innocent 209er.

Can any of you who voted for Science of Suck/LobMob kinda illuminate your reasoning for doing so?

I feel better about Lob Mob than SoS, but its not like I have a definite read on either of them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Nep-Nep posted:

Since it seems gumball was sitting -1 for awhile that might be a decent vote to see through today, if gumball is town scum wouldn't have looked bad coming in and ensuring some lunch happened

I do actually agree with this as it gives us more information regarding day 1 votes, rather than starting relatively fresh day 2

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheTofuShop posted:

Related to the actual game, I do think there are a couple scum in that Gumball vote from Day 1. I probably should have hopped on the train to get them lynched but I was still kinda in the dark in terms of info (as most of us are still, I think) and didnt wanna murder an innocent 209er.

Can any of you who voted for Science of Suck/LobMob kinda illuminate your reasoning for doing so?

I feel better about Lob Mob than SoS, but its not like I have a definite read on either of them.

That's what I've been thinking.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Dirt Road Junglist has been pretty quiet. I'm not saying scum, but it's hard to get a read on someone with less than 10 posts across both days.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TheTofuShop posted:

Gut in that LobMob feels a little scummy and Mekchu feels very town so voting with Mekchu well help me test those feelings.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Hello friends. I apologize for my disappearance, I have not had as much time on my bizarre Arkansas vacation as I expected. I will try to read through D2 and scumhunt a little bit later this afternoon.

Sincerely,
-George Kansas

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

TheTofuShop posted:

As I said to SoS, I didn't get a good vibe when they posted to remind people of the approaching deadline to get rid of Gumball.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LobsterMobster posted:

Dirt Road Junglist has been pretty quiet. I'm not saying scum, but it's hard to get a read on someone with less than 10 posts across both days.

Don't be scared of my lack of posting, homie.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Don't be scared of my lack of posting, homie.

If you're town, I don't want you getting got because of Diaz Social Anxiety Disorder.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The rhythm or lack thereof of posting makes it hard not to feel suspicious of everyone who's engaging in actual strategy. Which I guess also falls on me for my "maybe it's ilmucche" conspiracy post.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

As I said to SoS, I didn't get a good vibe when they posted to remind people of the approaching deadline to get rid of Gumball.

I got this vibe too reading it after the fact - but I also wasnt really around at the close of D1 so who knows if I had been contributing and we had more to go off of.

I do agree that Mekchu seems very town.

Dont have much but the vibe is strange, I'm not opposed to voting someone else if we get more info to go off of, but I think at least for Now, I'll join in on the ##vote The Science of Suck train

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

Since it seems gumball was sitting -1 for awhile that might be a decent vote to see through today, if gumball is town scum wouldn't have looked bad coming in and ensuring some lunch happened

##vote Gumball Gumption

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Feel pretty good about CarlCX and science of suck. Getting scum vibes from Bluedeanie and ilmucche, but nothing concrete. Bluedeanie is actually hunting scum so in a game like this I don’t really feel like making a case rn. Lots of newbies posting questions that they would know the answer to if they were scum, which is actually a pretty good scum strategy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ilmucche posted:

This is why the d1 lunch is actually pretty useful. I found it really weird that merk, as a seasoned maf player, didn't switch their vote to gumball despite being one of the last few posts before deadline just to get the lunch done

I understand this is a pretty low posting game and there’s not a lot to go off of but this is, on a quick read, ilmucche’s only post with any content in it. huge scum vibes from a seasoned player, to me. ##vote ilmucche

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My first thought when I came back to the thread was “I bet someone has posted about how merk said i was the most likely vet to be scum, and that person is most likely to be scum since it’s a good 1-2 play after killing merk. kind of surprised to see that nobody did so far!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

George Kansas posted:

I understand this is a pretty low posting game and there’s not a lot to go off of but this is, on a quick read, ilmucche’s only post with any content in it. huge scum vibes from a seasoned player, to me. ##vote ilmucche

This sounds like a solid justification for my previous irrational suspicions so I'm going to jump on the train. ##vote ilmucche

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If ilmucche is not scum, I vote we create a community reparations program for their family.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

George Kansas posted:

"seasoned player" mate I haven't played in nearly a year and a half

Why is everyone off the gumball train there? There was a miss on the lunch despite 2 players posting when they were -1, one of them admittedly the now gone merk, but what's cleared them?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ilmucche posted:

"seasoned player" mate I haven't played in nearly a year and a half

Why is everyone off the gumball train there? There was a miss on the lunch despite 2 players posting when they were -1, one of them admittedly the now gone merk, but what's cleared them?

you’re right, i’m just assuming since i genuinely did think you were merk’s alt at the beginning of the game

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh deadline is like a whole day sooner than I thought oops

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

oh poo poo yeah that's tonight

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't have any strong scum reads right now, lots of people are saying weird things that could easily be chalked up to newbie confusion. I'm not interested in voting mekchu/the science of suck/gk.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

Surprised I didn't get lunched. Surprised there isn't a bunch of votes now considering how scummy people thought I was.

Going to say again that I don't understand how we went from having gumball -1 on day 1 to not even having them on the radar on day 2

even gumball thinks this is ridiculous

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the three who didn't vote at all

LobsterMobster, Nep-Nep, TheTofuShop

seem like it'd be legit? it'd be an easy hammer for scum to get a free on a townie. if gumball is town. I think we get a lot more info from voting gumball and looking at who was where on day 1, since we have nothing to go on except "merk was town" and day 2 has been mostly silent

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

if gumball flips scum then i'd be looking a lot harder at the 3 who didn't vote

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

RIP Merk

I don't like how much they were pushing to get rid of Gumball before the deadline

##vote The Science of Suck

can you expand on this

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

It was a feeling I got. I dont know 100% if Gumball is town (nothing explicitly stood out as scum to my newbie eyes), but the little nudge/reminder read as "hey gang, lets get rid of Gumball now" and it didnt sit right with me

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Everything that came up around Gumball seemed more circumstance than suspicion so it didn't read as much to me.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

But then I am voting on circumstantial targeting fear, so I don't know that it matters, exactly.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

rereading the science of suck's posts i can get where people are coming from with that, but i don't know if it aligns with my other reads

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

so right now, posts aside, we have only a few actual data points to work with

1) Merk wasn't scum and was assassinated. Carl voted for Merk, but the very first vote cast was ilmucce voting for Merk, even though it was later shifted to gumball. Merk didn't really do anything clear that could have drawn the assassin's knife, but perhaps was targeted for being a more experienced player. Not much to work for there.

2) Gumball's vote list.

Gumball was first targeted for randomly voting for DRJ, and just generally flailing around but that snowballed. I voted for Gumball just out of spite because they voted for me.

2a) Assuming Gumball is town, then we need to look at those who voted for Gumball.
2b) Assuming Gumball is scum, we can more or less clear those who voted that way.

Now Gumball voting for me when they already were getting dogpiled suggests that they aren't scum, because a) scum presumably can't afford to lose one of their own on the first day, so there would have been some effort to deflect the votes elsewhere rather than vote for someone who already demonstrated spite voting patterns (i.e. me), and nobody stuck up for them; 2) as several have said a day 1 without a successful vote favours the scum.

So if the people who voted for Gumball are suspect, it'll likely be the people who turned a couple of votes into a dogpile who are the scum, thus

##vote ilmucce

And if I get knifed tonight we know I'm on the right track.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

##vote ilmucche if I spell it correctly

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If you're looking at a vote on merk when that was literally the first post when the game opened that's a really weak read

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I like ilmucche's recent posting and efforts

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ilmucche posted:

the three who didn't vote at all

LobsterMobster, Nep-Nep, TheTofuShop

seem like it'd be legit? it'd be an easy hammer for scum to get a free on a townie. if gumball is town. I think we get a lot more info from voting gumball and looking at who was where on day 1, since we have nothing to go on except "merk was town" and day 2 has been mostly silent

Mostly I agree with this, it's a good idea to get clarity on what was happening d1 especially with d2 not having anything jumping out at me
##vote gumball

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

George Kansas posted:

My first thought when I came back to the thread was “I bet someone has posted about how merk said i was the most likely vet to be scum, and that person is most likely to be scum since it’s a good 1-2 play after killing merk. kind of surprised to see that nobody did so far!

I like this post in that I don't think that gk strongly needs to go out of the way to bring it up if scum. Maybe meant to make me think that, but far more likely not

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

##vote ilmucche if I spell it correctly

i went into votefinder and checked, it had the other vote as an unresolved so I added the mispelling as an alias just in case. It had this vote down regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Also worth noting, carl you've got 9 posts today so I think you'll be fine but DRJ and tofushop are on 3 each for today