Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell yeah, gimme all sorts of weird tomato colors. Red is boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like purple food. purple taters, purple cabbage, purple cauliflower. gimme that purple poo poo. purple is supposed to be good because of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthocyanin

i don't think it actually helps much but its pretty so why not.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxgKw_7XRbA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Tycker att det är dags att ta en liten besök

teen witch has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Sep 17, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like it, it's like one of those fake shaving cream canisters except instead of valuables it hides unidentifiable stew or meat paste

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like it, it's like one of those fake shaving cream canisters except instead of valuables it hides unidentifiable stew or meat paste

Dennis Nedry: [squeals]

[nearby building’s plate glass façade explodes]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I had a plan.

I thought long and hard…where’s the one place that is sure to have circus peanuts. The place that caters to old timey people and their old timey candy. The one place where I swear I thought I saw them there for sale in the past.

I couldn’t lose!

Surely this place would sell me some motherfucking circus peanuts!!!

I decided to make a whole meal out of it. Why waste the trip just for the circus peanuts alone? I gathered up my family and we arrived. This was gonna be it!

We walked through the gift shop store area to get a table. I quickly looked around but didn’t see them. Didn’t have much time to look cause we were being seated. Food was good, Cracker Barrel owns, gently caress any haters that think otherwise.

Got my bill and I thought “here we go!”

I looked through the first rack of candy….no circus peanuts!

I looked along the back wall…no circus peanuts!

I went through the toy section, the clothes section, the goddamn Christmas section….no loving circus peanuts!

I went to pay the bill and asked the cashier if they had circus peanuts…she didn’t know what the gently caress they were!!!! I almost went full Karen…instead I paid the bill and left.

Cracker Barrel has forsaken me.

God has forsaken me.

The quest continues…

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat lurkers got to em all first yet again :arghfist:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

rydiafan posted:

Gross. Crunchy peanut butter.

I refer crunchy peanut butter in my home made padthai.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

They have them at my local ace hardware.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

Lmao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

:argh:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Pookah posted:

I scanned over the image and started reading the recipe - apart from the "dietetic-pack tuna", it really doesn't seem too weird.
Then I looked the image again, and realized that the chopped lettuce I'd seen before was embedded in lime jelly.

An involuntary "Oh God" was the result.

chopped lettuce and green onion in that lime gelatin. also a couple tbsp of vinegar

:yum:

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Crust First posted:

Circus peanuts? Gross. I'll just keep eating my Shrimp and Bananas like a normal person.

I remember those from the final levels of contra games.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SatansOnion posted:

chopped lettuce and green onion in that lime gelatin. also a couple tbsp of vinegar

:yum:

*ponders* Vinegar Jell-O, you say?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/beefstrips/status/1570784046174830593?s=20&t=wYJOGMgdU9ebqLjEFS9wEQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:kiss:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

*ponders* Vinegar Jell-O, you say?

Sure, why not.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh, coffee is a fruit? My diet's better than I feared.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, coffee is a fruit? My diet's better than I feared.

Other unusual fruit:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
also the cashew dingleberry is covered with poison juice.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 02:18 on Sep 18, 2022

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
My grandma made coffee gelatin with coffee and plain gelatin. It is my second favorite gelatin dessert after lemon gelatin (not lemon Jell-O, that tastes like battery acid).

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

My grandma made coffee gelatin with coffee and plain gelatin. It is my second favorite gelatin dessert after lemon gelatin (not lemon Jell-O, that tastes like battery acid).
That's a common Japanese dessert, sweetened coffee gelatin, cubed and served with creamer. Pretty tasty, if you like coffee. Starbucks Japan used to serve a coffee jelly Frapp that I sorely miss.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Walmart has you covered, as usual.

Just watch out for the renegade Rascals if you don't get delivery.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Melster-Candies-Fat-Free-Marshmallow-Circus-Peanuts-11-OZ-Bag/10322690?athbdg=L1200

Would this guy lie to you?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

AlbieQuirky posted:

See, yeah, that sounds good. I drink coffee black but it seems like this would be better somewhat sweetened.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

That's weird, you just dredged up a memory from when I was six or seven, my school librarian describing this as her favorite dessert. I don't remember why, just that we were waiting for something under a sycamore tree, talking about desserts.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Was in Menards today buying skeletons, and saw a circus peanuts display.

Edit:. Speaking of coffee gelatin...

https://youtu.be/zbFhIlxGElc

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Sep 18, 2022

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I can't eat marhmallows or normal gelatin :(
I guess I need to see if anyone's out there slinging chicken gelatin or a good vegan alternative or whatever. I gotta try this coffee jello.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Captain Hygiene posted:

It just looks like a bad version of golumpki.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Scarodactyl posted:

I guess I need to see if anyone's out there slinging chicken gelatin or a good vegan alternative or whatever. I gotta try this coffee jello.

i think they're doing pretty exciting things with agar these days. there might be something with chickpea liquid too? but I think vegan gelatin is a less depressing idea than it was a decade ago or so

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

more falafel please posted:

i think they're doing pretty exciting things with agar these days. there might be something with chickpea liquid too? but I think vegan gelatin is a less depressing idea than it was a decade ago or so

Agar agar is fine for a gelatin substitute. It’s not 100% the same consistency, but it’s close enough. It’s what those cheap unrefrigerated jello cups use, since it doesn’t melt at room temperature

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Scarodactyl posted:

Agar is basically vegan gelatin. And the normal kind used for japanese style coffe jello.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

more falafel please posted:

Aqua faba (fancy language for bean water, which is loving hilarious) can be used as a plant based alternative for egg whites in many things, such as meringues and to get that nice foamy layer on a cocktail. I use it for cocktails because dropping a raw egg white in a drink seems gross to me.

Dunno about its use in gelatin, but it's great stuff right out of the can, quite healthy too.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Agar verges toward gummy and you're never going to get the firm push back mixed with the melt in your mouth of animal gelatin so I'd just make coffee puddin.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Might I suggest a café latte panna cotta? That should work well with agar and your favourite veg milk.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Has anyone tried fish gelatin? That might belong in this thread, will give a trip report when it comes in.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/IPXsfUz.mp4

Still no circus peanuts my local sketchy 7-11 failed me. Coke slurpee almost made up for it. Guess I’ll take that other goon’s advice and actually go to a drat Wallmart. gently caress me I hate that place…

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i went in a CVS today and there were circus peanuts on the shelf, calling to me, but i did not heed that siren song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m convinced somebody goes into the store a half hour ahead of me and buys them all up.