Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

okuyasu slammed a steel door directly on koichi's windpipe when they first met. best buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Augus posted:

don't see the big deal, koichi and josuke are friends with lots of people who tried to murder them. bffs, even.
It's a lot like Steven universe in that way

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

99% of shounen stuff is "a dude crushed my throat and then we became best friends"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
On that note, someone I know wonders why Terunosuke got singled out with an extremely harsh fate despite all of the other Stand Users trying to kill Josuke and Pals, but I'm just going to assume that one is because his motivation is "I'm just going to kill people in defense of a serial killer for basically no reason". Superfly Guy and Yuya both at least were motivated by self-serving reasons and both pretty much immediately shifted sides.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He attacked Josuke's mom is the difference.

There's no forgiveness for that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah, and killed his grandpa

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He attacked Josuke's mom is the difference.

There's no forgiveness for that.

:hmmyes:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah, and killed his grandpa

Terunosuke, the Enigma guy with the paper Stand, not Angelo.

I would be genuinely shocked if anyone was willing to defend Angelo.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh duh lol

e: I blame covid brain

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wish Akira got more play, we need more villains that can just shred out on a guitar.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh wow. This is cool, what might be official concept art of Diavolo when he was in the shadows unshadowed.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh wow. This is cool, what might be official concept art of Diavolo when he was in the shadows unshadowed.

This confirms that like the sweater the mesh non-shirt was Doppio's idea

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think the mesh shirt was a bad design choice for Diavolo, his two main traits are being the only straight guy in the gay mafia and concealing his identity at all costs, so why does he dress like he's going to a Rocky Horror Picture Show screening?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I assume Diavolo normally dresses a certain way, but he had to just go with whatever Doppio happened to be wearing when he found himself at the final battle.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I remember seeing someone mod this appearance into ASB.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
When Josuke beats people up he beats the devil out of them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

When Josuke beats people up he beats the devil out of them.

Turning Angelo into a rock was just a Happy Little Accident

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm making good headway with Diamonds right now, regarding the dub did I imagine it or was there a point late in SDC where they started caring about making all the musical references. Vanilla Ice > Cool Ice, Crazy Diamond > Shining Diamond. For some reason Koichi's stand gets renamed from Echos to Reverb which seems pointless. Some of the more explicit ones to be fair, and maybe it's just that we got to the point the Araki ran out of tarot and Egyptian gods to name stands after (and doesn't want us thinking about how there was a collection defined by the tarot to the point that they could deduce that Dio possessed The World, even though there's a bunch more stands out there)

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The general consensus for the name changes are "they could probably technically get away with a fair amount of them but musicians are the most litigious people on the planet so better safe than sorry"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think after a while Araki might have gotten tired of coming up with (Color) (Tarot) names, because notably there are none after Yellow Temperance.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Orange Death

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gunmetal Emperor

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've been reading Witch Hat Atelier and recommended it to my sister (who doesn't read much manga) and we've been talking about it. She mentioned thinking Agott (a cold, austere girl) was being too mean to Coco (the more cheerful protagonist) and I assured her they became friends later, to which she responded, "She almost killed her!" and I realized I'm in too deep, because my first thought was "Man, it's manga, who hasn't tried to kill their future best friend?"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sometimes you just need to almost murder someone before you realize they're the friend you've been missing.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Whoever picked 'Freak'n You' as the Golden Wind outro is a god

EDIT: Man I was so not ready for it, still in shock

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Part 9 leaked

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Why is he introducing himself to his mother?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wrong Mary

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Maybe he's talking to Mary Magdalene?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
yeop

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Lamb of God is a band so that makes a good Stand name.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Re-reading Steel Ball Run. I forgot there's just a part where Magent Magent just turn to a wolf in the middle of the fight and shoots it. I thought the dog abuse was over, but Araki snuck one last instance in on me! :argh:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nazareth
Jesus Jones
Leper Messiah
Personal Jesus
Jesus Is Just Alright

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Three Day's Grace is right there

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, I did not remember Lucy getting sexually assaulted this frequently. :yikes:

I would not mind the anime toning down on that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Creed
Godsmack
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Miracles

e: Judas Priest

kinda wish there was a full series now lol.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 22, 2022

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

okuyasu slammed a steel door directly on koichi's windpipe when they first met. best buds.

iirc he never actually apologized for any of that either, he just showed up at josuke's like "hey we're best friends now" and josuke just rolled with it

morioh is a trip

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 22, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Man, I did not remember Lucy getting sexually assaulted this frequently. :yikes:

I would not mind the anime toning down on that.

Yeah Lucy's whole backstory has some... problems they would probably like to avoid

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

drat, if I'd been handed this instead of Chick Tracts in the third grade, I might still be a Christian..

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

edit: nope

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 23, 2022

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Re-reading Steel Ball Run. I forgot there's just a part where Magent Magent just turn to a wolf in the middle of the fight and shoots it. I thought the dog abuse was over, but Araki snuck one last instance in on me! :argh:

keep in mind that this is pretty much part of the setup for what eventually happens to him

araki loves using that as shorthand for someone being a shithead that deserves it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Post the full thing

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/101352299#1