Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Such Fun posted:

I like the bit where the boiled nyquil/ raw chicken juice mixture gets poured back into the bottle for the next food poisoning while nearly unconscious-trip.

I’m guessing this started as somebody doing a bit, and then a glut of hapless teens took it up in earnest?

I'm guessing it's not really a thing anyone does, like the tidepod scare. Or a bazillion other things the media freaks out about teenagers doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Powered Descent posted:

If some improbable plague caused dogs and cats to go extinct, I wonder what animal(s) would be next in line to get fully domesticated and engineered into replacement house pets. Raccoons? Pot-bellied pigs? Foxes?

That's how you get Planet of the Apes!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Such Fun posted:

I like the bit where the boiled nyquil/ raw chicken juice mixture gets poured back into the bottle for the next food poisoning while nearly unconscious-trip.

I’m guessing this started as somebody doing a bit, and then a glut of hapless teens took it up in earnest?

My research tells me it's this. I'm only finding one video of someone cooking chicken with Nyquil, and hella people reacting to it, so I'm thinking this is just the FDA trying to get ahead of a bunch of copycats.

Also this video has apparently been around since January 2022, so no idea why there's a resurgence of attention on it.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Tiktok telling kids to make napalm is real though. Also all the adults electrocuting themselves to death because youtube told them to.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Multiple presidents had raccoons for pets while in the White House. Calvin Coolidge had one that was given to him by a supporter who suggested he eat it for Thanksgiving. It's super weird to me that raccoons were once, simultaneously a not uncommon pet, and a normal thing to eat. Although I've eaten rabbit, so maybe not so weird.

Raccoons are very active and can be tremendously destructive. I kinda doubt they were ever a not uncommon pet. You need some kind of outdoor enclosure or they will ruin everything you own.
I mean, I guess you can get a raccoon to behave, in the same way you can get a bear to dance.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

smellmycheese posted:

A sighting of the fabled “everyone clapped” out in the wild

One kid crossed his arms and said "Lizkanda Forever".

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dr. Stab posted:

Tiktok telling kids to make napalm is real though. Also all the adults electrocuting themselves to death because youtube told them to.

rest in piss, taserballs

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Foxes are said to be awful pets who will pee on everything and burrow into the stuffing of your now fox pee soaked couch

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Byzantine posted:

rest in piss, taserballs
I more meant this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzosDKcXQ0I&t=441s

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

smellmycheese posted:

This actually sounds like something the British might do though

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Anticheese posted:

Foxes are said to be awful pets who will pee on everything and burrow into the stuffing of your now fox pee soaked couch

And they have incredibly foul-smelling urine, so even if you could breed some kind of toilet trainability into them in the process of domestication you still end up with a backyard you can't stand to be in.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

christmas boots posted:

This actually sounds like something the British might do though

No loving chance. Everyone would die of embarrassment. And encouraging someone to jump a queue? How dare.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Anticheese posted:

There have been true domestication experiments (opposed to rescued foxes who grow up into pseudo-pets at wildlife shelters) with foxes. They were relatively successful, but foxes' ears get floppy over the domesticated generations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/zero_chill_tea/status/1572083464849199104

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
When your project manager asks why your code is so poo poo, knock their monitor off their desk and holler that they're a beta.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/StateOfLinkedIn/status/1572318240269037568

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

make your own coffee if you're so precious about your name, you complete pustule (he said, confident in his victory over the jpeg)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

And you can just give them any goddamn name at all. Who cares. Ugh

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

smellmycheese posted:

One of my favourite things about this thread is just how often it affords me the opportunity to say “oh, gently caress off” to my phone

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anticheese posted:

So it's like a goon meet?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I put a lot of thought into cartoon/video game bat titties

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Not how GDPR works for gently caress's sake.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Coolness Averted posted:

Forgot James Marsden is in the Sonic movies, and thought this was some Red Dead x Sonic fanfiction.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/badlegaltakes/status/1572254132421169152?s=46&t=Kq8jWUe_3dmURLvt-oIgrA

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Cuckbert? Cuthberk?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Coolness Averted posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gDiXNjhEc but aimed at James Marsden instead.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

HopperUK posted:

And you can just give them any goddamn name at all. Who cares. Ugh

Seriously. People with unusual names (me) just come up with a nickname for getting a table at restaurants and stuff. It doesn't matter.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

McCracAttack posted:

Seriously. People with unusual names (me) just come up with a nickname for getting a table at restaurants and stuff. It doesn't matter.

I just tell them to use the name of the person in front of me. This solves having to come up with a fake name and also means you can get your coffee 1 order faster if you're not too picky about your order being correct.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I always knew God was being a beta cuck when He said "Let there be light"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

christmas boots posted:

And there was light! And it was an off-by-one error.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They don't give a poo poo about your name, tell them anything, I have a friend who just says Mary because her real name is foreign and confusing to baristas, especially when they're busy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God: let there be light

This guy: loving bet—

christmas boots posted:

God DAMMIT

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Antigravitas posted:

Not how GDPR works for gently caress's sake.
Maybe they offered him a cookie.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

... I learned to program on DTSS. In BASIC. And "let" statements are suddenly the hip new thing?

https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/1572284484720168962

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A few pages back, but adding to the "cute looking but dangerous" Australian animal chat.

A wombat once chased my little brother around a petting zoo in Tasmania for what seemed like maybe half an hour, but was probably only 5 minutes. The adults were laughing too hard to stop it, and I, his older brother, just noped out of the enclosure and left him to deal with it himself.

For I am a coward, you see. And was only 7 years old at the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That sounds like hell.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Read After Burning posted:

My research tells me it's this. I'm only finding one video of someone cooking chicken with Nyquil, and hella people reacting to it, so I'm thinking this is just the FDA trying to get ahead of a bunch of copycats.

Also this video has apparently been around since January 2022, so no idea why there's a resurgence of attention on it.

There's a CSI episode where teenagers were raiding their parents medicine cabinets and having pill parties, popping whatever willy nilly, and one of the kids died from mixing the wrong ones. Like they wouldn't already know which ones are boner pills and benzos, and which ones are their stepdad's blood thinner

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Anticheese posted:

so a cornered fox's piss is worse than a jackles?

Also a few more cents on other posts:

1) I'm like 98% sure tide pods and all these other teens and their drugs poo poo is all fake news for dumb adults /parents .
2) i still never been in a starbucks that actually cared about the size naming scheme. also plenty of other fastfood places do names or order numbers, order items.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/JMellerud/status/1572104318941011974

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

so a cornered fox's piss is worse than a jackles?

Also a few more cents on other posts:

1) I'm like 98% sure tide pods and all these other teens and their drugs poo poo is all fake news for dumb adults /parents .
2) i still never been in a starbucks that actually cared about the size naming scheme. also plenty of other fastfood places do names or order numbers, order items.

Yeah, foxes *stink*. Like - you can tell if a fox has been around. They're still super adorable though.