Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Well id love to have some fun with everyone and raise a few bucks for a good cause so like I said if anyone wants to be the host/commentator please feel free to contact me i wanna see the drat movie already lmao.

Another idea was to do it with my gf who has not seen the show the Munsters before but shes not a goon so i feel like I wanna do it with someone who knows some of the SA humor/thread jokes, Im still thinking bout it tho

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No commentator, just two hours of Kvlt watching in silence and doing this

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i feel most of the audience draw will be from people coming to see how I pronounce my username

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The Horror Thread: Come for the pronunciations, stay to watch a man's dreams die

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I will say I can promise a 100% open mind. I have genuinely enjoyed every movie RZ has put out except for Superbeasto, which I fully admit sucks, so even tho a Munsters x RZ movie is my dream if it sucks I will admit it. Ill also admit if I think its great.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I can make fun of Rob Zombie movies.

just a couple test takes here:

"Wow, someone run a hose from the Dragula's exhaust and hand me the open end"

"The Munsters, sponsored by Crayola"

"The Munsters, written in Crayola"

"The skeleton of Roger Ebert called, he wants to die again after watching this"

"munch munch munch *more sounds of eating food*"

"*feed of my fortnite match plays over the mic*"

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

dorium posted:

this one made me cackle

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

dorium posted:

Roger Ebert's jaw is absolutely on the floor after this.

I know, I know.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I sincerely hope it clicks for you

I don’t know how much this relies on munsters tho the humor is very modern but slightly camp. From what I remember with the munsters it’s very sitcom but with monsters, which this isn’t

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally finished the X-Files, just in time to watch nothing but horror movies. Season 11 certainly was a thing, I can't decide if I want them to do another season and resolve some stuff, or let it stay dead

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

I just got home from seeing it a little while ago and the answer is no lol

It's actually the present day and Florence Pugh works a ton as a doctor so her husband Harry Styles puts them into a 1950s simulation to make her happier except she's not happy in it at all and she figures it all out. If you die in the simulation, you die in real life (just like Stay Alive lmao)

Lol this is so stupid and can basically be inferred from the trailer. I already thought it was something similar to this.

I was leaning towards not watching it and needed a justification beyond the bts drama surrounding it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp! I ignored the warnings that Don't Worry Darling was a bad movie and went to see it anyway. This was a mistake, I should not have done that.

It's bad! It starts out so well, but then it gets so stupid! But not stupid in a way that's fun and interesting, stupid in a way that's poorly paced and sucks!

Look, if you've seen the trailer then you've already seen the best scenes in the movie. Just make up your own story to go along with those images and I guarantee it'll be better than the plot the movie actually has.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The title came from everyone telling Wilde what a dumb idea this all was and her response was always “don’t worry darling”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I haven't even seen the movie, and the moment I saw the first trailer, I pretty much figured that there would be some sort of crazy sci-fi twist at the end.

Was I right about my hunch?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It’s always annoying when a movie you’re curious about but have no intention of actually watching comes out, and it’s several days before there’s a synopsis on Wikipedia.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kvlt! posted:

Id do it solo but feel like itd be a far worse experience bc ive never commentated before thats why i wanted someone else to kinda be there. Like when old sports dudes start podcasts and they always have a cohost lol.

Eh, gently caress it - if you can find a mutually agreeable time with me in the UK I'll share the mic.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Welp! I ignored the warnings that Don't Worry Darling was a bad movie and went to see it anyway. This was a mistake, I should not have done that.

It's bad! It starts out so well, but then it gets so stupid! But not stupid in a way that's fun and interesting, stupid in a way that's poorly paced and sucks!

Look, if you've seen the trailer then you've already seen the best scenes in the movie. Just make up your own story to go along with those images and I guarantee it'll be better than the plot the movie actually has.

In my head i'm expecting a take on Jack Parsons/L Ron Hubbard rockets and sex magick stuff. But I'm guessing it'll probably be something like the victory project is about ending feminism, and they're all actually in the modern day haven't seen the movie, and it's a guess, but I feel pretty solid about it. Love Florence Pugh, but I'll probably wait till it's streaming.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

It’s always annoying when a movie you’re curious about but have no intention of actually watching comes out, and it’s several days before there’s a synopsis on Wikipedia.

Just wait for the Youtube "Don't Worry Darling ending EXPLAINED!" videos. The turnaround time for those is usually faster than wikipedia.

E: extremely NSFW trailer but Nightsiren looks pretty awesome, to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MMgEj6fbQ

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 23, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Opopanax posted:

No commentator, just two hours of Kvlt watching in silence and doing this

It's that scene from the Sixth Sense where the dad is watching the video of the mom poisoning the girl at the funeral, except it's Kvlt watching the Munsters.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Massawyrm/status/1573227651506270208?s=20&t=8iurgOyqjT4W60OGQawNtg

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've thought that for the last few years, even the peak pandemic ones. The output from such a vast variety of creators has been so, so good from big budget stuff all the way down to indie YouTube projects like The Backrooms.

Watching this goopy nonsense tonight! (NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6p59C0EJ_U

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
While there's been several decent to good horror films released this year, I haven't seen anything really great. I think Men has been my favorite, and that was mostly because of the vibes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've thought that for the last few years, even the peak pandemic ones. The output from such a vast variety of creators has been so, so good from big budget stuff all the way down to indie YouTube projects like The Backrooms.

Watching this goopy nonsense tonight! (NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6p59C0EJ_U

I've been looking forward to that since the poster

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Jedit posted:

Eh, gently caress it - if you can find a mutually agreeable time with me in the UK I'll share the mic.

Hell yeah lets do it!

also horror hasnt been good since the 2000s which gave us the GOATs

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

also horror hasnt been good since the 2000s1980s which gave us the GOATs

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The goop rises.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Horror hasn't been this good since the time when I was between 7-12 years old!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Alligator was dope, great kid kill which is how all horror movies should be judged. The only part about the movie that disappointed me was that I thought it starred Burt Reynolds because my brain conflated it with Gator somehow.

e: Bummer that I'm probably not going to be able to watch Full of Worms anytime soon, it looks very fun, but I'm mostly watching movies with my partner at the moment and she's got a bigtime worm phobia.

e2:

Class3KillStorm posted:

also horror hasnt been good since the 2000s1980s which gave us the GOATs

:hmmyes:

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 23, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Horror's always been good, there's just been years where there's only been like ten things I could recommend, and there's years like this one where my list is at minimum 66 before October and still not even having seen everything I've wanted to yet of stuff that's already come out, let alone random stuff that fell through the cracks

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It was poo poo when every 2nd movie made was a ghost girl with black hair covering her face who made stop motion jerk movements.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

happyhippy posted:

It was poo poo when every 2nd movie made was a ghost girl with black hair covering her face who made stop motion jerk movements.

please do not insult j-horror like this

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

happyhippy posted:

The endless row of teen slashers in Scream's wake was worse.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

nah the Blumhouse PG-13 style is the worst

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last actual weak year I can remember was 2010 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_films_of_2010

Which still had Black Swan, Frozen, Hatchet 2, Insidious, Let Me In, Rubber, Saw 3D, Trollhunter, and Tucker & Dale vs Evil (I also think I liked Piranha 3D and thought Resident Evil Afterlife was dumb fun, but those were long enough ago I'd have to rewatch to give an actual opinion on, and gently caress doing that anytime soon with everything else going on in my life :rubby:)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kvlt! posted:

please do not insult j-horror like this

Too right. Insert 'made after The Grudge' into the above, but this is still a bit over zealous.
Can't think of a movie I liked after this one to be honest.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Alligator was dope, great kid kill which is how all horror movies should be judged. The only part about the movie that disappointed me was that I thought it starred Burt Reynolds because my brain conflated it with Gator somehow.

Robert Forster > Burt Reynolds tbh

i haven't seen Alligator since seeing it on TV as a kid, definitely gonna rewatch it this october.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Horror is an infinite cycle of cool and interesting stuff followed by a bunch of gradually worsening knockoffs. Sometimes the good film spawns a fad. Sometimes a franchise. Sometimes it spawns a whole sub genre. But it just keeps rolling along while a bunch of people are mad at the knockoffs or fads they don’t like all while someone is doing something else somewhere else.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Anecdotally, this is a really interesting question. I've got a pretty respectable Horror collection on my Plex (~2,500 titles) of only movies that I've seen, and I've been scrolling through by year to see if any years stand out as being particularly dire, and there doesn't seem to be any one 'bad year' for horror.

There's certainly shittier years -- the mid-2000s span gets pretty dire -- but even in something like 2005 which was rough, you've got Wolf Creek, Noroi, Hostel, The Devil’s Rejects, The Descent, and Constantine.

The closest that any year seems to come is 1995, whose most notable movies are Tales From The Hood, Ice Cream Man, Lord of Illusions, and Demon Knight.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think 2022 has been a break out year of horror . There's nothing this year that I can think immediately grabs me and goes "Oh wow this was amazing".

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I don't think 2022 has been a break out year of horror . There's nothing this year that I can think immediately.

Barbarian was pretty good, Nope was alright. I wasn't crazy about X but I'm very curious about Pearl.

edit: oh, Crimes of the Future was great obviously. and Mad God whipped rear end but I'm fuzzy on what counts as its release date.