Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

every movie should be seen in a theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Agreed

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Okay, then which one is better to take my 5 and 2 year old to since i won't have a sitter for both /s

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Gejimayu posted:

Okay, then which one is better to take my 5 and 2 year old to since i won't have a sitter for both /s

if you let your children watch horror movies they will end up like me and I am almost positive nobody wants that

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

if you let your children watch horror movies they will end up like me and I am almost positive nobody wants that

DOn't let your kids grow up to be Rob Zombie fans

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gejimayu posted:

Don’t take your child to any of them please

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not that kids shouldn’t watch horror but probably not those in the theater at 5 lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I saw VHS99 in the theatre and while I enjoyed it, I think those movies are really better at home and are formatted as such.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gejimayu posted:

Do a double feature dude, maximize it!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

5 y.o - Barbarian
2 y.o - Pearl

Obviously

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the 5 yo will appreciate the humor of Barbarian more.

the 2 yo will appreciate the colors of Pearl more.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Nah, I'm really careful with what I let them watch. I'm trying to cultivate cool kids. The 5 year old really liked Beetlejuice, and they both love Hocus Pocus but it doesn't get much deeper than that so far. The monster stuff in Goosebumps could be a bit much but the older one and I have watched almost all of Are You Afraid of the Dark. Kids spooky stuff can be cool.

Edit: I've never seen Monster Squad. Where does that lie on the spookometer? I'm open to more spooky movies for kids. The older one liked Nightbooks quite a bit as well.

Gejimayu fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 23, 2022

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the 5 year old might pick up some of the more colorful language from that one if youre not careful, but otherwise its light spooky.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gejimayu posted:

Nah, I'm really careful with what I let them watch. I'm trying to cultivate cool kids. The 5 year old really liked Beetlejuice, and they both love Hocus Pocus but it doesn't get much deeper than that so far. The monster stuff in Goosebumps could be a bit much but the older one and I have watched almost all of Are You Afraid of the Dark. Kids spooky stuff can be cool.

Edit: I've never seen Monster Squad. Where does that lie on the spookometer? I'm open to more spooky movies for kids. The older one liked Nightbooks quite a bit as well.

Monster Squad is PG 13 , its not really a PG movie and I think its more appropriate for older young teenage kids. Also they call each other fag in the movie. So kind of inappropriate in today's kids movies. Its a product of its time.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Monster Squad is not scary but if you have a young boy, he will DEFINITELY learn some new things to say from that movie.

Source: Was young boy, talked about nards a lot

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

when i was little i saw the movie dodgeball and theres a scene where girl scouts beat vince vaughns team and he says "youre adopted, your parents dont love you" to them and I didnt even kno what it meant but saw my older sister laughing so next day at school i said that to some girl who was annoying me and got sent to the principles office bc turns out she WAS adopted and burst into tears when I said it

I WAS LITTLE ERICA IM SORRY

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And in a few years, you get to show the older one The Gate, the best adolescent horror movie. That movie loving rules.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

when i was little i saw the movie dodgeball and theres a scene where girl scouts beat vince vaughns team and he says "youre adopted, your parents dont love you" to them and I didnt even kno what it meant but saw my older sister laughing so next day at school i said that to some girl who was annoying me and got sent to the principles office bc turns out she WAS adopted and burst into tears when I said it

Kvlt! please don't leave again.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Watching Godzillas with my six year old has been a lot of fun even if she gets bored sometimes, she finds them very mildly scary at times but also gets really hyped up during the fights

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am also trying to cultivate cool kids so I only let them watch Santo movies and lucha libre.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

davidspackage posted:

loving love Bautista and this trailer is really good. Can't wait for Shyamalan to put outer space alien dialogue in the mouths of these gaydads and their daughter.

you're in luck: the book's dialogue reads like the first draft of an m night script

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Coraline is a really good horror movie for kids and so its Paranorman.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Kvlt! please don't leave again.

Dont worry, a lotta posers still needa be SMACKED DOWN

also Jedit i havent used discord in a while so once I get home and into my account Ill respond, Im excited to put this show on for everyone!

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Monster Squad is not scary but if you have a young boy, he will DEFINITELY learn some new things to say from that movie.

Source: Was young boy, talked about nards a lot

Was young boy, assaulted a werewolf at a haunted house. Yes, there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kvlt! posted:

She got owned. That’s what she gets

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kvlt! posted:

every movie should be seen in a theater.

Except for "Don't Worry Darling" which should not be seen anywhere.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Welp! I ignored the warnings that Don't Worry Darling was a bad movie and went to see it anyway. This was a mistake, I should not have done that.

It's bad! It starts out so well, but then it gets so stupid! But not stupid in a way that's fun and interesting, stupid in a way that's poorly paced and sucks!

Look, if you've seen the trailer then you've already seen the best scenes in the movie. Just make up your own story to go along with those images and I guarantee it'll be better than the plot the movie actually has.

It was doing okay last night, so I'll see how it does today. So far it's not been like Jeepers Creepers Reborn where I gave out a refund to a blind guy because he said it sucked so bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/final-destination-6-directors-found-1235226307/

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1573404060614807552

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

hopefully they stick that zoom meeting on the home video release.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tony Todd better be in the film.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Kvlt! posted:

:sbahj: fuckin owned lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Except for "Don't Worry Darling" which should not be seen anywhere.

Not gonna lie I'm probably gonna watch it high and alone in a dark room from a :filez: copy eventually

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Kvlt! posted:

One time in high school a kid was hassling me so I responded to something he said with "your mom" sarcastically and when I turned around he punched me in the back of the head, turns out his mom had just died. Oops.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I want them to go back to the dark horror tone of the first film and reduce the comedy a little bit. Yes, I know the black humor is part of the appeal because everyone dies a Rube Goldberg death but god drat was the macabre tone of the first one so good. It's possible to be more grim with the black humor which is what I want to see.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I saw the first Final Destination when I was like 11-12 and was sneak-watching any horror movie I could. I distinctly remember it really freaking me out because of how hopeless I felt for all the characters. No matter what they did to try and survive, fate's fate, baby. It ruled.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah i honestly prefer one and three over the rest of the series cause they have this existential dread vibe and do a better job capturing the feeling of being caught up in something bigger and unknowable. though 2 had the scene where they are drawing connections to the first movie that gave a bit of that too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a franchise I definitely wanna rewatch before I commit to anything more than "2 still has one of the best opening scenes ever", the only thing I really feel sure about

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched through the series a couple of years ago and all I recall is liking the first one and thinking the rest are just glorified special effects reel. The fifth one like does a montage of all the franchise deaths over the credits and I felt like I could have saved a lot of time just watching 1 and 5.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Which is the one with the logs on a freeway is that 2? Because that's one of the best openings of a horror movie ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Which is the one with the logs on a freeway is that 2? Because that's one of the best openings of a horror movie ever.

Yep!