Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Red posted:

Get you a Fire Stick. The Apple TV app is neat, and will have your iTunes library of movies and TV shows you’ve purchased/redeemed over the years. You can also load the Fire Stick with Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Tubi, Crackle, Disney+, Pluto, whatever.

Oh, I've got those on all the regular TVs left in my house, and our main TV in the house is a smart or intelligent television, or as I like to call it using a word I just made up one day, "Intellivision." I am just a fuddy-duddy who is trying to resist signing up for a thousand streaming services, each of which carries only a couple of programs I want to watch.

Also, I hate Apple. And not because it's cool to do so. I had an iPod and had to get it serviced, which meant a trip to that nexus of pretentiousness, the Apple Store. Jesus H. Christ, never again.

That said, if I'd known that this was even possibly going to happen on Apple TV, I'd have swallowed my pride and signed up for a free trial. But it was too late.

I've been listening to the non-televised (i.e., streamed) games on KMOX, #1120 on your AM dial, #1 in your heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

tarlibone posted:

That said, if I'd known that this was even possibly going to happen on Apple TV, I'd have swallowed my pride and signed up for a free trial. But it was too late.

I've been listening to the non-televised (i.e., streamed) games on KMOX, #1120 on your AM dial, #1 in your heart.

The MLB games are actually free (at least for now, maybe that changes next season). You just need to make an account with them and have a device that runs the app. Still, it's pretty lovely that there were probably plenty of older/technologically inept people who wanted to watch those games last night who couldn't because they don't know how to navigate through any of this stuff.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

tarlibone posted:

If you already have an iPad, you likely have an Apple account for iTunes/what have you, which you can use to log into the app.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

davecrazy posted:

Sounds like Strider just isn’t getting lucky these days.

gently caress off

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Updated Ohtani comps as of this morning:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Draftkings commercial that starts out "BASEBALL'S DEAD? NAH" always makes me laugh because a) they're acknowledging the fact that people are talking about baseball being dead and 2) the only reason why they say this is false is thanks to Gambling™!

edit: well I guess they say pitchers hitting grand slams or whatever but really it's the gambling.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

tarlibone posted:

I am just a fuddy-duddy who is trying to resist signing up for a thousand streaming services, each of which carries only a couple of programs I want to watch.

Yeah this is where I am. There was a golden period of a couple years where cord cutting and moving to streaming was ideal, but networks caught on and started pulling their content from the big streaming services to vomit out their own, and now if you want a decent level of coverage you need to sign up for like ten different streaming services at $7-15/month a pop and at that point you might as well just buy a loving cable package.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mdemone posted:

Updated Ohtani comps as of this morning:

Every time I see this many qualifiers on a query it just makes me think of Thaddeus Young

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1573290945545924608

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Acuña out again today with back discomfort, obviously will not be anything close to 100% till the spring.
Olson is out today because he has needed a day off for weeks, and it's not like he's adding much.
Dansby probably should get a day off too, he's back on the schneid.
Strider out till at least the last day of the season, possibly for the playoffs.
Albies back for a game and half before going right out again, and Grissom is predictably regressing.

Braves are absolutely running on fumes.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

elentar posted:

Acuña out again today with back discomfort, obviously will not be anything close to 100% till the spring.
Olson is out today because he has needed a day off for weeks, and it's not like he's adding much.
Strider out till at least the last day of the season, possibly for the playoffs.
Albies back for a game and half before going right out again, and Grissom is predictably regressing.

You hate to see it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1573744855418814464

I hate Brian Cashman so much.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

This is a soothing balm to the M's 5 best hitters dying within two days on the last stretch of the season where we play bad teams and are now losing to them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

elentar posted:

I’d like to thank the baseball Gods for the timing, but the Phils will waste this by running Kyle Gibson out there, so

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Wow 5/108 is a loving steal for Castillo

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

explosivo posted:

The Draftkings commercial that starts out "BASEBALL'S DEAD? NAH" always makes me laugh because a) they're acknowledging the fact that people are talking about baseball being dead and 2) the only reason why they say this is false is thanks to Gambling™!

edit: well I guess they say pitchers hitting grand slams or whatever but really it's the gambling.

I hate it so much

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A part of me has come to sort of like MLBs awkward full 180 on gambling because it bet it really pisses Pete Rose off.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TLR is not coming back to the White Sox this year. I wonder if he’ll be coming back at all.

Also the Rays having more bad injury issues

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1573757203508613120?s=46&t=KHB8JtYMDJHsA5VVg4RfHw

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I admit, I did not have "the Rays and M's are just literally going to die" as how the Orioles make the postseason but here we are.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
That seems like a good deal for Castillo.

Would like to see the M’s upgrade Marco’s spot in the rotation but I doubt they do. Castillo/Kirby/Gilbert/Ray is a hell of a top 4 for the next few years.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Penisaurus Sex posted:

That seems like a good deal for Castillo.

Would like to see the M’s upgrade Marco’s spot in the rotation but I doubt they do. Castillo/Kirby/Gilbert/Ray is a hell of a top 4 for the next few years.

They're paying ~$21M AAV for the next five years for an ace when most teams are going to have to start at $30M AAV and work their way up if you wanna sign an ace this offseason. So yeah, pretty good deal.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

e: nm getting my Cards veterans confused

Wainwright did face Bonds' Giants in 2006, got two outs then was pulled for a lefty to face Bonds

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 24, 2022

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

With 6 games against the Pirates to end the season, it's not impossible that Pujols passes Ruth.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rough year for Babe.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Popete posted:

Pitcher is very confused how that ball got out.

I'm confused! He hit that from such a low position and it wasn't hit that high!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Rough year for Babe.

That murderer doesn’t deserve your sympathy

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
gently caress the As.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
crossposting Kyle Wright's 20-win season

https://twitter.com/TwinsDocHerbert/status/1573820820396408832?s=20&t=HZRqMmoNoGgpAc4eWyO8Fg

edit: first Braves 20-win season since 2003, and I doubt many people would guess who racked that up, I definitely didn't remember that it was Russ Ortiz somehow

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 25, 2022

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Looking at the Jays-Yankees series and wondering if I should shell out for an outfield seat. I think if Judge doesn't hit #62 tomorrow I just might do it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Well, I didn't get to see 61 or 62 in person, but I did get to see 60, and the Yankees went 4-0 in the games I was at so, all in all, a pretty decent week to have spent an irresponsible amount of money at the stadium.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kyle Wright 20 Game Winner was not on my bingo card.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What a night. Those late comebacks by the M's and Astros may have basically wrapped up a playoff spot. 4 game lead over the O's with 11 to go, and the M's have the tiebreaker.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
It’s wild that every single time Anthony Santander has hit multiple home runs in a game, the Orioles have lost. It’s up to 0-8 now.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Hell yeah, these are my Rays, sinking behind the....wait...Blue Jays?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

TLR is not coming back to the White Sox this year. I wonder if he’ll be coming back at all.

Also the Rays having more bad injury issues

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1573757203508613120?s=46&t=KHB8JtYMDJHsA5VVg4RfHw

Kevin Kiermaier also appeared at the Trop for what is essentially a farewell appearance. He's out with hip surgery for the rest of the year, and the Rays aren't going to use his club option. He's probably done in the majors, unless another team needs a badly injured free agent outfielder in his 30s who can't hit.

Honestly, Lowe and Baz won't be missed that much. Lowe is being outperformed this year by his two rookie replacements, and Baz only started 6 games. Plus Tyler Glasnow is back in Tampa and will probably be pitching again soon. We might even get a postseason game out of him before his knees explode or something.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Manoah is the fastest Jay to 300 strikeouts. I don’t know who was the previous holder, but from quick look he’s well ahead of the obvious suspects (Stieb, Hentgen, Doc).

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Apparently White Sox fans were booing Javy all night so he did this:

https://twitter.com/BallySportsDET/status/1573844158866923522

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Owns. Miss you Baez.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/1574058650104041472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Apparently White Sox fans were booing Javy all night so he did this:

https://twitter.com/BallySportsDET/status/1573844158866923522

That improves his OPS+ to 96! Which is the sweetspot for a guy making 25 million AAV.