Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Toe Rag posted:

I don’t know what the rules are exactly but he cannot ride a current (or even recent) MotoGP bike outside of race events, so best way for him to get back into it? I know they have the RC213VS but riding that around an empty circuit isn’t a replacement for racing, and they’re not allowed the carbon brakes and must use publicly available tires as well, so that’s a big deal.
Yeah the lack of carbon brakes and GP tyres make any facsimile worthless, the forces simply aren't the same even if you build a bike with a similar level of power and chassis rigidity. Several Ducati riders have described the panigale v4 as feeling like a 250 or 600 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Because there is literally no way to train for MotoGP besides riding a gp bike. Either that bone is fixed or he's never coming back.

I’m more concerned with when he falls off again. Like yea maybe that arm is good to ride to a top 10 finish but not to take a tumble at 100. Maybe if he has until next year to do more strength and conditioning it would be better at taking hits.

Eh I’m sure a multi million dollar athlete formerly at the top of his sport forever has good doctors/advisors/balls to tell Honda it’s not time yet to ride if he doesn’t want to.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I dunno, I'm not a doctor so it would be good to know how much your muscle condition affects your bones' resistance to breaking in a crash though. Worth remembering the original break was a real freak crash where the bike whacked him after he had a relatively clean spill, he's never damaged anything by falling alone afaik.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Bone and muscle strength are directly correlated, and while I don't think anyone has done a specific study on meatheads on fast bikes, it is almost certain that being physically fit protects you from injury in a crash.
Whether he'll be able to restore loss of function to his nervous system and compete at the same level is another matter.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Russian Bear posted:

Eh I’m sure a multi million dollar athlete formerly at the top of his sport forever has good doctors/advisors/balls to tell Honda it’s not time yet to ride if he doesn’t want to.
And yet he went out way too early last time, leading to his current state lol

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I've been a bit salty about some of Marquez's antics in the past (following in quali) but man does the guy ride the edge, and sometimes past it but somehow still remains seated....sliding through one of the corners on the final lap in FP3

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shelvocke posted:

Bone and muscle strength are directly correlated, and while I don't think anyone has done a specific study on meatheads on fast bikes, it is almost certain that being physically fit protects you from injury in a crash.

Who will be the first newbie to come in here claiming that they dont need gear because of how shredded they are

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Who will be the first newbie to come in here claiming that they dont need gear because of how shredded they are

bro do you even ride bro?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Marc Marquez finished fp2 0.36 seconds slower than the fastest lap, set by jorge martin.

Free takeo, throw nakagami into a wood chipper, I would say something bad about pol but he's already consigned to the grim orange fate he deserves, rip half of gresini's team next year hope they like finishing last every race

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Honda's current line up is complete trash but Oguri apparently doesn't want to move up yet and I think this extra year was a sweetener to get Nakagami into a test rider role.

I'm pretty convinced Gresini only signed Alex so Ducati could make a play for Marc when his contract is up.

I think Ogura is making the right choice tbh, MotoGP recently has become a real loving meat grinder for rookies pushed up way too fast by KTM

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

italian quid posted:

I'm pretty convinced Gresini only signed Alex so Ducati could make a play for Marc when his contract is up.

I like this theory

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also Remy Gardner to WSBK apparently.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

italian quid posted:

Honda's current line up is complete trash but Oguri apparently doesn't want to move up yet and I think this extra year was a sweetener to get Nakagami into a test rider role.

I think Ogura is making the right choice tbh, MotoGP recently has become a real loving meat grinder for rookies pushed up way too fast by KTM

Couldn't agree more on Gresini...

Think you're right on Ogura; think Taka's had his time but the prospects in Moto2 have to do what's right for them.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tech3Racing/sta...al-explained%2F

I find this considerably more shocking and dishonorable than Fenati's brake grab or any other rider on rider shenanigans

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1...al-explained%2F

Just appalling

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Lol what are these clowns doing?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Taking childish revenge on their rider from last season by preventing him from joining the fast group for quali

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

This is in a professional organization where you get a salary and such, these people need to be fired immediately.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Biqggi the team owner appears to be taking it seriously, hopefully the get sacked. They are forced to participate in the next two rounds as it's impossible to get visas for replacements in time and it would leave the team dangerously understaffed, but they're banned for the next two rounds after that.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Auspicious return for marquez Jesus christ.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Auspicious return for marquez Jesus christ.

The bike literally falling apart as he rides it. loving poo poo to see Fabio get taken out like that. Then repeat with Nakagami, like how was he not immediately flagged for the damage on the bike ....

Also, adding insult to injury...

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1571470991611543556?s=20&t=bL1YeLF7f4cLW-hRHAcJRw

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Race rust on Marcs part or just bad luck with the Fabio incident?
Regarding flagging him it was 3 corners later there would hardly be time and he'd have been unlikely to see and respond to it before the bike disintegrated under him.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Crazy opening lap! Feel sorry for Fabio, he can’t afford a dnf right now

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Great finish by Enea

Championship is so tight now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Enea owns so much

this is gonna be an awesome end to the championship

e: Binales lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 18, 2022

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

italian quid posted:

Enea owns so much

this is gonna be an awesome end to the championship

e: Binales lol

It was truly something watching Cal tuck him in...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Rins with the comeback of the day, holy smokes. Perfect last minute pass from Enea lol

Nice run from Acosta in Moto2 again, he's showing again he can run with the veterans in that league.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

If Enea can find consistency next year I wonder if he will be close in the fight for the title and how Ducati will mishandle that.

What a great race, bummer about Marq and Fabio, have they had beefs historically? Or you think it’ll just blow over.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echomadman posted:

Race rust on Marcs part or just bad luck with the Fabio incident?
Regarding flagging him it was 3 corners later there would hardly be time and he'd have been unlikely to see and respond to it before the bike disintegrated under him.

Just bad luck imo.

gregbest90 posted:

It was truly something watching Cal tuck him in...

Lmfao yeah

Russian Bear posted:

What a great race, bummer about Marq and Fabio, have they had beefs historically? Or you think it’ll just blow over.

Nah, quartararo only became a real contender after Marc's injury woes began.

I can't wait for next year, bastianini will demolish bagnaia psychologically and it'll be him vs quartararo vs Marquez I reckon/hope.

Would be nice to see an actual on track battle better bagnaia and quartararo this year, they've mostly had separate races.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Slavvy posted:

Just bad luck imo.

I can't wait for next year, bastianini will demolish bagnaia psychologically and it'll be him vs quartararo vs Marquez I reckon/hope.

Very excited for that, provided Ducati don't Ducati and let them get on with it (and the Beast keeps those DNFs minimal....

Passione!!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gregbest90 posted:

Very excited for that, provided Ducati don't Ducati and let them get on with it (and the Beast keeps those DNFs minimal....

Passione!!!

I would love it if we went to the Dovi-Lorenzo heyday of the two factory Ducati riders just loving hating each others guts and duking it out for wins but realistically I think Enea is gonna be the leading man by end of next year.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Never forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBePK29Mi_A

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mapping 8! MAPPING 8!!!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Forgot to comment this before going to bed, but Marquez #1 jet ski pilot.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Watching these guys in the rain is mindblowing stuff.

good stuff from Binder, Marc gonna marc wow, ready for Vinales to immediately lose his position off the start. Nice to see Zarco up there

Actually nice to see < 4 Ducatis in the top 5

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

something very funny about all the riders instantly mentally captulating the second Marc gets pole lmao

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Can’t seem to find where NBC is airing the race this weekend boo.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Russian Bear posted:

Can’t seem to find where NBC is airing the race this weekend boo.

if you have a vpn try setting it to Austria and go check servus.at. It's red bull's channel and they usually have an international stream in english.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

busalover posted:

if you have a vpn try setting it to Austria and go check servus.at. It's red bull's channel and they usually have an international stream in english.

Thanks I'll try that next time, caught it on youtube.

:lol: Pecco

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Just Aprilia things.

Just Pecco things.

Just Yamaha things.

Also, how can she fall asleep on the coffee table with such an exciting race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Miller Time :clint: