Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nobody but Denji would go 'there was a cat too dude.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm thinking she didn't make a deal with the justice devil, but with the future devil.
She claims she can read minds, but she didn't read the part where becoming a friend means you can be turned into a strong weapon. And she considers herself such a good friend she's going to take care of all the problems.
Seems like the small print the future devil would think is the best.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Probably she reads Asa's surface thoughts, which is why she had to ask about darkest secrets to get her to think about them. Dunno if she can also hear Yoru, or if she just heard Asa thinking about her.

So it's 50/50 if she shows up and hears "Urgh, that girl didn't believe I'm Chainsaw Man, how do I convince her..." and thinks Denji is a chuuni loser, or "Phew, that girl didn't believe Denji is Chainsaw Man, it's my job as public security undercover in this school to make sure that stays a secret while I keep an eye on him"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yuko is a big chainsaw man fan, so maybe she'll try to team up with him if she reads Denji's thoughts so they can do murders together?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that reading denji's mind is enough to make anyone stop being a fan of chainsaw man.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yuko is a big chainsaw man fan, so maybe she'll try to team up with him if she reads Denji's thoughts so they can do murders together?

Denji doesn't do murders, though. He only did the one. (Devil's don't count.)

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think that reading denji's mind is enough to make anyone stop being a fan of chainsaw man.

If spending welfare money on gambling is enough to justify murder, being a hormone-fuelled teenager is practically guaranteed to end in death.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

To be fair he's actually a pretty good person considering his starting point!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If spending welfare money on gambling is enough to justify murder, being a hormone-fuelled teenager is practically guaranteed to end in death.

I mean, Yuko very obviously agrees with you, considering what she is planning to do in the next chapter... :v:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yuko needs to stop listening to AM radio

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chiasaur11 posted:

Denji doesn't do murders, though. He only did the one. (Devil's don't count.)

True, but Yuko seems like the kind of person who tries to escalate people's violent behaviors.

Mulva posted:

To be fair he's actually a pretty good person considering his starting point!

Yeah, as much as I love making fun of Denji for being a dumbass loser (and will continue to do so just as surely as Denji will continue to be a loser who does dumbass things) he's basically a decent enough guy by teenage boy standards.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This manga needs to stop spinning its wheels and have Denji dive headfirst into hell to go save Power

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Only way we know of so far for a human to get there is for someone to contract with the Hell Devil and sacrifice themselves.

Side note to that, Makima sent Chainsaw to Hell in the last couple volumes of Part 1, where he slaughtered a ton of devils. Doesn't that mean they were then reborn on Earth? I'm not sure anyone in the series has outright said so, but the devil situation does seem a bit more out of hand than in Part 1, even accounting for how decimated the Public Safety devil hunters are. Just saying it's kind of funny that Chainsaw Man's current celebrity status is due in part to a situation he helped create.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 28, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Only way we know of so far for a human to get there is for someone to contract with the Hell Devil and sacrifice themselves.

Side note to that, Makima sent Chainsaw to Hell in the last couple volumes of Part 1, where he slaughtered a ton of devils. Doesn't that mean they were then reborn on Earth? I'm not sure anyone in the series has outright said so, but the devil situation does seem a bit more out of hand than in Part 1, even accounting for how decimated the Public Safety devil hunters are. Just saying it's kind of funny that Chainsaw Man's current celebrity status is due in part to a situation he helped create.

Chainsaw Man: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Scholtz posted:

This manga needs to stop spinning its wheels and have Denji dive headfirst into hell to go save Power

That'll be cool but the current stuff is also cool

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the whole manga is good but the last 2 chapters are really really good like goddamn

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

There's a very real possibility I end up liking part 2 more than part 1, and I LOVED part 1.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

There's a very real possibility I end up liking part 2 more than part 1, and I LOVED part 1.

Its just being counted as "more chainsaw man" in the app, but realistically it is "more chainsaw man after fujimoto has more experience and ideas and took a break and levelled up a bit" and i gotta say it feels like a step up from Part 1 for sure. Thats pretty crazy to think!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
We are still on track for Denji dating Asa, just now it's Yuko reading Denji's mind, realizing he's Chainsawman, and giving her life to bring them together.

After all, what are best friends for?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I was really not expecting this arc to go down the “ Haha you seem cool dont come to school tomorrow” path hahaha this manga rules god drat

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
So the first episode was aired in France earlier today, and there's a leaked 15ish second video of Denji vs Zombie Devil, which features a CGI Denji that doesn't look...great at first glance.

But also it's like 360p and recorded from 100 feet away on a cellphone.

Expect the discourse to be real bad, like usual.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i'm going to spend 0 seconds of my life engaging with people complaining about chainsaw man animation leaks on twitter or reddit or whatever.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

i'm going to spend 0 seconds of my life engaging with people complaining about chainsaw man animation leaks on twitter or reddit or whatever.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

going to give my opinion on the anime quality based on an iPhone 8 video taken from the J section of the theater. hurrr

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Big Leg posted:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RubberLuffy posted:

So the first episode was aired in France earlier today, and there's a leaked 15ish second video of Denji vs Zombie Devil, which features a CGI Denji that doesn't look...great at first glance.

But also it's like 360p and recorded from 100 feet away on a cellphone.

Expect the discourse to be real bad, like usual.

....I don't think there was ever a chance of anything looking good under these circumstances?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/fuchi_conejo/status/1576619353956487168?t=qHkj8A6kFE6xteZhfrzJtg&s=19

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1576951683586088961

this is so loving good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Another short preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PIwO01BnMo
Maybe the final pre-air one? Idk, it looks and sounds rad though

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Has the impression of a "next time on..." but for the first episode

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

One week

I wonder if someone should make a chainsaw man anime only thread soon

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

One week

I wonder if someone should make a chainsaw man anime only thread soon

yeah it kinda has to happen. anyone reading this thread would be massively spoiled. the early part 1 stuff is pretty wild too

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Link the thread when it gets made, and it really should get made, I don't want to spoiler anyone on part two many years before it comes out.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im usually not interested in seeing peoples reactions to things but the chainsaw man anime is one of the only exceptions

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyone can make the thread, there's no need to wait for someone else to do it. If you want to make it, just make a post here or in the seasonal thread that you plan to make one

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Julias posted:

Anyone can make the thread, there's no need to wait for someone else to do it. If you want to make it, just make a post here or in the seasonal thread that you plan to make one

Working on it. Should be done inside the hour.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Make sure to call it "Chainsaw Manime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Make sure to call it "Chainsaw Manime"

Too late, but if there's nothing better, I might edit it to that.