Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
What could they possibly do with Fiora that isn't annoying? That has got to be a total rework right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SirKibbles posted:

What could they possibly do with Fiora that isn't annoying? That has got to be a total rework right?

I'm guessing buff her out of removal range so she isn't as easy to get rid of but isn't any more dangerous in terms of achieving her instant win.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Give Fiora quick attack back you cowards

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DrManiac posted:

Give Fiora quick attack back you cowards
I don't think that was ever a thing. She was a 3/3 though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
give her "tough while challenging enemies" like the Path boss fight :getin:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Given how Fiora works in LoL, they could give her self-heal when killing units like Rhaast has

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

No Wave posted:

I don't think that was ever a thing. She was a 3/3 though.

She had quick attack in closed beta. They seemed to work out pretty quickly that it was Broken As gently caress.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I have to say, since they apparently decided to change the weekly adventures so that the "benefit" on the easier ones applies to the AI too, they kinda suck. I liked having at least one easy adventure I could run with a lower level champ but now it's like "oh, ALL spells do +1 damage? Guess it's Jinx O'Clock, again" :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pilchenstein posted:

I have to say, since they apparently decided to change the weekly adventures so that the "benefit" on the easier ones applies to the AI too, they kinda suck. I liked having at least one easy adventure I could run with a lower level champ but now it's like "oh, ALL spells do +1 damage? Guess it's Jinx O'Clock, again" :v:

I actually did that stage with a 2* Veigar, it was pretty fun. Started with Blade's Edge and picked up -1 Cost to Created Cards which meant I had a free 2 damage every turn, as well as a 2-cost 3-damage burst spell that went down in cost every turn. Enemy never got to attack me.

Jhin could benefit from it too.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
Annie obliterates that adventure as well.

I haven’t finished this week’s 4* yet, but so far (about 5 fights in), Bard seems pretty good for it. Your board will be full of giant minions, so one of them getting stunned each turn doesn’t really matter. Your units won’t be recalled much either, since they will be bigger than anything the AI will play pretty soon. And if you take damage in the early turns, you can just stall until you roll lifesteal.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, I've got a bunch of champs that would ace the easiest adventure, my point was I liked having something different I could run with low level guys to break up the grind but taking some no star, level 4 chump through that is going to be a ballache :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just 3 more fuckin' days and I can finally 3* Veigar.

Going from a 3-cost spell to a 0-cost spell is gonna be a gamechanger. A 0-cost 2+ damage Burst spell every turn? That's insane.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

MuLepton posted:

Annie obliterates that adventure as well.

I haven’t finished this week’s 4* yet, but so far (about 5 fights in), Bard seems pretty good for it. Your board will be full of giant minions, so one of them getting stunned each turn doesn’t really matter. Your units won’t be recalled much either, since they will be bigger than anything the AI will play pretty soon. And if you take damage in the early turns, you can just stall until you roll lifesteal.

Good pick up, I was able to punch it out in one shot with Bard. Nearly also something going with support Jhin + Tybaulk, but ultimately it didn't matter next to pure statline beatdowm.

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 27, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
https://imgur.com/a/pOHTBUf

Another big shake-up. Riot's really leaning into the digital nature of Legends of Runeterra, treating it as much as a video game as a card game. I'm here for it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Swainoverwhelm is slick, 7 cost levi could be really impactful. He's one of their better designs so I appreciate their pushing him a bit.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

CitizenKeen posted:

https://imgur.com/a/pOHTBUf

Another big shake-up. Riot's really leaning into the digital nature of Legends of Runeterra, treating it as much as a video game as a card game. I'm here for it.

And we have actual patch notes now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A good shake-up, Levi hitting twice instead of thrice is a big nerf though even with the -1 cost, but I think swain getting overwhelm to punch the nexus is a absolutely massive buff that'll wipe out the other defenders on a full board.

Will be a lot of Nocturne decks play tested now that he got the obvious fix, Dawn decks will be interesting to see how well they perform with a huge overhaul of their lesser used cards, though they might still be too slow needing to play units at the start of every turn and let them resolve effects.

Sun Guardian will be the star of the dawn decks as a 3 mana 3/4 that keeps growing 1/1 every turn, Sunburst will be added to most control decks straight up as a 5 mana "vengeance" on buffed or medium or smaller statlines, fiora probably won't see play as a 4 drop.

Ripper's bay looks actually playable now and could see more ways for Pyke to escape Rek'sai.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 27, 2022

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

MuLepton posted:

I'm just getting overrun to gently caress and back before any units get big and while he can barely scrape by, roll lifesteal and then turn it around, it's nowhere near a guaranteed thing and my luck always runs out sooner rather than later.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Garen might be decent for the map cause your units get stronger every turn as long as they don't die.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I just used Jinx, on the rough thought pattern that it doesn’t matter if my units get bounced when my actual wincon is burn off of my powers. Just delay for the first two turns, get her down round 3, then discard your entire hand for 1 mana removal if you have the good relic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I ran Jinx with the starting power that summoned a copy of a champ.

So I'd get double the discards which was pretty much overkill, especially after I added "Draw 1 on Summon" to my Jinx and "-1 to Created Cards" which let me actually cast the rockets. And since the Ephemeral Jinx would also have Luden's, my Plunder Barrage would do 12 damage to the Nexus because all the enemy's units would be killed by me discarding like 10 cards unless they had Tough.

For my opening turn I'd generally wait for the enemy to play a unit and then play the 1-cost with "Discard 1, Draw 1", and discard the spell that summoned a unit on discard. Free 2 damage to both the nexus and enemy units and 2 units on board.

Honestly the only way to nerf Jinx is to give the enemy Nexus Tough. Suddenly her passive power is useless.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah Jinx gets very silly with the discard hand relic + luden + powers that fill your hand with cards + as many "summon a ephemeral copy of me" that repeats all of that discarding, it's a instant or near instant kill on just playing Jinx.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A good shake-up, Levi hitting twice instead of thrice is a big nerf though even with the -1 cost, but I think swain getting overwhelm to punch the nexus is a absolutely massive buff that'll wipe out the other defenders on a full board.

Will be a lot of Nocturne decks play tested now that he got the obvious fix, Dawn decks will be interesting to see how well they perform with a huge overhaul of their lesser used cards, though they might still be too slow needing to play units at the start of every turn and let them resolve effects.

Sun Guardian will be the star of the dawn decks as a 3 mana 3/4 that keeps growing 1/1 every turn, Sunburst will be added to most control decks straight up as a 5 mana "vengeance" on buffed or medium or smaller statlines, fiora probably won't see play as a 4 drop.

Ripper's bay looks actually playable now and could see more ways for Pyke to escape Rek'sai.

just ran from 64 lp to 150lp on the old nocturne elise with 2 go get it and 1 deny as my splash. its basically the same exact list from when that list ran roughshoud over the meta. my first two opponents were mono fiora and my next two were aniva and nami. nami died on turn 4 but i had triple stgyian so thats kind of an anamoly. but the aniva one i had a bad draw and won with out harrowing despite being controled pretty well.

just lost to a swain and pirate deck. i should traded better but the meta is still very much much fearsome = unblockable.

snergle fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 28, 2022

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I really want to try Swain with the new buff seems like that could be at least kind of workable now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Decided to spent 40 Wild Fragments on Veigar even if it meant potentially getting a dupe down the line because I feel like the upgrade at 3* is gamechanging (literally saving 3 spell mana every turn).

The issue with Veigar is that until you get Veigar or the 2-cost that increases Darkness damage on strike on the field, you're stuck with just 2 damage, which is okay in the first few turns but you really need at least 3 damage to deal with a lot of the mid-game stuff.

Still really fun, did the Draven map at like level 9 and Lee Sin never got to see play because I'd save 2 Darknesses and slam them into him whenever he hit the field. Then once I got Veigar out I just needed a single Darkness to kill anything that Lee Sin could throw on the field.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/dev/rotation-in-legends-of-runeterra/

quote:

Playtesting and tech quality/keeping bugs down becomes significantly harder. That’s because generally the pain points are the interactions among cards, which grows incredibly quickly - for every 10 cards added, 100+ interactions are added. No normal development team can keep up with that sort of growth, because the team is set up for adding a relatively stable N cards over time.

Are they just going to not playtest eternal?

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 30, 2022

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Eh, Runeterra tends to be a lot more open about how things work behind the scenes than a lot of digital CCGs. This could just be them saying the quiet part out loud while games like Hearthstone just went "Wild games will have every card, so they might get a little wild, ha ha".

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I imagine they'd address major imbalances, but it certainly wont be a priority.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'm looking forward to seeing rotation tbh, I've not played anything but path in well over a year at this point because of just not being able to keep up with all of the cards so it'd be nice to get back to something more manageable.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Kris xK posted:

I imagine they'd address major imbalances, but it certainly wont be a priority.

The quote is about buggy card interactions, not game balance. If they're not testing at all then likely there will be a few cases of messed up animations or interactions straight-up not working the way you'd expect, that they'll then need to hotfix once players find them.

But also yes, the balance in the all-cards format is likely to be very reactive - probably they're just gonna spot-fix anything problematically busted and otherwise just let it shake out with minimal intervention.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Eh, Runeterra tends to be a lot more open about how things work behind the scenes than a lot of digital CCGs. This could just be them saying the quiet part out loud while games like Hearthstone just went "Wild games will have every card, so they might get a little wild, ha ha".

Lol yeah. They do say in the article they will occasionally look at balance patches for Eternal but typically in rotation scenarios most of their resources will be spent on Standard because it's by far the version of the game most people will play

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Still only on the 2 star adventures with her but it seems like Leona fuckin whips with her buffs. Also they fixed the free spell from her 2* power and it no longer goes back to full price at the end of the round.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Pilchenstein posted:

Still only on the 2 star adventures with her but it seems like Leona fuckin whips with her buffs. Also they fixed the free spell from her 2* power and it no longer goes back to full price at the end of the round.

I beat a 3 star adventure with her only at 2 stars and level like 7. Pretty much every game was OTK with their whole side stunned on turn 6 or 7

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Xguard86 posted:

I beat a 3 star adventure with her only at 2 stars and level like 7. Pretty much every game was OTK with their whole side stunned on turn 6 or 7
I got Yasuo as my support champ and fuckin :laffo: tbh

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
the other card game i play eternal has a standard and limited format to and its really fun playing both. i hope it works just as well in runeterra. that said the new 1 drop that predicts has made lurk stupid consistent. i feel like i always have some type of answer and i rarely even level pyke or reksai . the meta is just slow enough that you can really run someone over quickly. its really fun when youre against a lee akshan and you draw 2/3's of them and make them surrender when you open swing on 4 for lethal.

kind of wish they had a lurk guy in poc. alot of decks that lurk power is pretty good because all your stuff is cheap. i get why they dont though because youre not garuntee'd to get the only other champ to pair w/ you or that power so you end up playing for the support champ and maybe getting some lurks off. you would need a really strong power like the new rippers bay but on all the time but that would just make the deck to strong

the swain deck where you turbo level swain by using cards where they hurt themselves is really fun but i feel like over kill on the stuff like the tentacle summoner 1 drop shouldnt count. you should get 5 dmg out of it not 6. two of those auto levels swain and gives you a 6/6 to accompany him. but over welm swain is tons of fun

snergle fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 3, 2022

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

snergle posted:

the other card game i play eternal has a standard and limited format to and its really fun playing both. i hope it works just as well in runeterra. that said the new 1 drop that predicts has made lurk stupid consistent. i feel like i always have some type of answer and i rarely even level pyke or reksai . the meta is just slow enough that you can really run someone over quickly. its really fun when youre against a lee akshan and you draw 2/3's of them and make them surrender when you open swing on 4 for lethal.

kind of wish they had a lurk guy in poc. alot of decks that lurk power is pretty good because all your stuff is cheap. i get why they dont though because youre not garuntee'd to get the only other champ to pair w/ you or that power so you end up playing for the support champ and maybe getting some lurks off. you would need a really strong power like the new rippers bay but on all the time but that would just make the deck to strong

the swain deck where you turbo level swain by using cards where they hurt themselves is really fun but i feel like over kill on the stuff like the tentacle summoner 1 drop shouldnt count. you should get 5 dmg out of it not 6. two of those auto levels swain and gives you a 6/6 to accompany him. but over welm swain is tons of fun

Pyke could be in PoC with the updated version of the landmark in his deck. It gives the top ally of your deck lurk and lurker when you attack.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

List of Champions I want in PoC, in no particular order.

Zoe
Heimerdinger
Viego

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021
I want TK and Pyke back!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress yeah Pyke ruled, easily the easiest champion to play provided you got to level 8 (which was a fuckin' slog though, thank god champion powers aren't tied to individual levels anymore).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man 3* Veigar is so fun, the 0-cost 2-damage burst really does say "gently caress YOU" to Galleo's first fight with the annoying 4/2 units.

Also says gently caress you to Zoe and her stupid scaling bullshit because all you have to do is Darkness her as soon as she comes out (or while the enemy is playing the Slow Spellshield spell on her).