Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Mr. Fix It posted:

been watching replays of The Double to keep my hype levels up

Gonna make sure people see the proper version and not that garbage on the MLB YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeB8Cu2t8AU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Shine posted:

Gonna make sure people see the proper version and not that garbage on the MLB YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeB8Cu2t8AU

the best snipe

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/1576559295268884481

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Blue Jays have a +86 run differential. +67 of that is from playing the Red Sox.

The Red Sox have a position record and run differential in their non-Jay games.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The White Sox should bring back Ozzie

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I don't remember a team throughly dominating another team as much as the Jays have dominated the Red Sox this season.

Also, I will be happy that in the playoffs, the Jays can focus on starting Manoah/Gausman/Stripling, because anyone beyond that top-3 is hell to watch.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Twin Cinema posted:

Also, I will be happy that in the playoffs, the Jays can focus on starting Manoah/Gausman/Stripling, because anyone beyond that top-3 is hell to watch.

I would bet that they have Berrios above Stripling in the playoff rotation.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Twin Cinema posted:

After the WC series you need more than 3 starters.

In fact this year with the reduced off days in the DS and CS, teams may need 5 starters if series go long.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

May need more than 3, but at least Berrios can spin the wheel and he may get one of his good starts.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Twin Cinema posted:

May need more than 3, but at least Berrios can spin the wheel and he may get one of his good starts.

I guess there's also the added variable of playing for home field in the first round, since that could mean the Jays are pitching e.g. Gausman against the Orioles at the end instead of setting up 1-2-3 for the Wild Card series. And, thinking about it, a serious playoff run probably involves at least one game of Mitch White, Yusei Kikuchi, and a lot of prayer.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

I guess there's also the added variable of playing for home field in the first round, since that could mean the Jays are pitching e.g. Gausman against the Orioles at the end instead of setting up 1-2-3 for the Wild Card series. And, thinking about it, a serious playoff run probably involves at least one game of Mitch White, Yusei Kikuchi, and a lot of prayer.

I'd rather take my chances using a pitching machine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twin Cinema posted:

I'd rather take my chances using a pitching machine.

I too would like perennial all-star Pitch-O-Matic on my team

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1576610546446569474?s=19

This had been rumored for awhile!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

what happened to DiPoto

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

what happened to DiPoto

Promoted to president earlier this year.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Bob Nightingale is reporting that the Astros want to replace James Click which feels weird since he's done a very solid job, the team is going to win 105 games and has made good trades.

Can't judge him on draft results either since this is the first year he's had a first and second round pick.

Maybe Crane wants someone more aggressive.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The rest of the league is on notice

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Can't wait for the Mets to clinch the wild card tonight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sab0921 posted:

Bob Nightingale is reporting that the Astros want to replace James Click which feels weird since he's done a very solid job, the team is going to win 105 games and has made good trades.

Can't judge him on draft results either since this is the first year he's had a first and second round pick.

Maybe Crane wants someone more aggressive.

Click makes a lot of understated moves, I think Crane wants to be splashier. But he also doesn't want to spend a lot of money and they don't have many prospects left. So I don't know what he expects

Not sure what Click has really done though. Mancini and Vasquez are both pretty meh moves, I guess getting Verlander to come back? Most of the success this season can still be attributed to Luhnow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

After the rough stretches and with the injuries, Seiya is on track to finish with a near identical OPS to Happ. Given another year and hopefully better health, I think he can be pretty good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Not sure what Click has really done though. Mancini and Vasquez are both pretty meh moves, I guess getting Verlander to come back? Most of the success this season can still be attributed to Luhnow

I think Vazquez was actually a really savvy move, he just hasn't hit since the trade.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Just lol

https://twitter.com/RogerMarisJr/status/1576563809807831041?s=20&t=DQIZgzJWGFneD-EQNf2V3Q

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow just imagine if it turned out players today were still using PEDS hmmmmmmm

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/GOATRodgersSZN/status/1576699852548759552

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Roger Maris, Jr., deserves the mother of all wedgies.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mr. Fix It posted:

not bad in the way i was expecting
e: got to where he's retweeting james woods and kristy swanson, so sort of bad in the way i was expecting

A shame, given how much I loved him as a player.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So the Phillies are up 2 games on the Brewers and have the tiebreaker

Philles need 1 more win or Brewers loss for playoffs?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the Phillies are up 2 games on the Brewers and have the tiebreaker

Philles need 1 more win or Brewers loss for playoffs?

That's right. Pretty much a done deal

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

someone stuff this nerd in a locker

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Does he have like a day job or is this all he does?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MrMidnight posted:

That's right. Pretty much a done deal

Phillies don't have to play the Cubs so this checks.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Timby posted:

My mind went straight to a swirlie, but maybe I'm being too harsh.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Jays win, Rays and Ms lose. Magic number for home wild card is down to 2. Team is rolling right now, hopefully they can keep the momentum into the playoffs!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Timby posted:

I'm happy that once again the Yankees figure out a way to snatch disdain from the jaws of enjoyment.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Judging by his 61 Outfitters store he may be a horrible person too. A lot of that gear is screaming MAGA to me.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Kirios posted:

Judging by his 61 Outfitters store he may be a horrible person too. A lot of that gear is screaming MAGA to me.

Does Canada still have those vaccination laws? P sure they do. I noticed there was a lot of Maris family at Yankee Stadium that did not make the trip to Canada.

Same for Judge I think. Reminded me of that old rumor that he or Higgy were the unvaxxed ones.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Vaccine requirements were dropped as of the first of October.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the terrible cubs loving rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Timby posted:

Melting down about cheating in baseball is a thread tradition.

Buy him an account.