Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Shinji2015 posted:

B-but we have so much news to cover!

we're not gonna talk about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I've got 35 stacks of news in front of me. I'm going to spend the next hour talking about how hard it is going to be to cover all that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So uh apparently Alex just straight up said SH was the deep state on his show the other day. Interesting legal strategy ngl.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

BigglesSWE posted:

So uh apparently Alex just straight up said SH was the deep state on his show the other day. Interesting legal strategy ngl.

Yep
https://twitter.com/C_Kavanagh/status/1576919381489045506

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I would think that would be great evidence in the CT trial. "He's not going to stop unless you punish him a LOT. In fact he did it again just yesterday, look. Punish him for all the dollars."

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

SiriusXM announced today that they are adding audio streams of Law and Crime network to their online offerings.

I wonder if the increased attention from the Alex Jones trial helped set this up.

Also, Jones will always lie about it so the only way to stop him is to financially punish him in a way that monetarily cripples him for the rest of his life.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

SiriusXM announced today that they are adding audio streams of Law and Crime network to their online offerings.

I wonder if the increased attention from the Alex Jones trial helped set this up.

Also, Jones will always lie about it so the only way to stop him is to financially punish him in a way that monetarily cripples him for the rest of his life.

As much as I would like to hope it's because people care about Jones, I would bet it's because of the Depp / Heard trial and the surrounding shitshow on social media.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I follow a few car channels on youtube. Why? I don't even know. I am not a huge car guy, I drive a fuckin' Kia because it was cheap.

One of the channels got sucked accidentally into the Infowars vortex, and just put a video out about how horrified he is that it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbJ7PFlnH8

Did this come up on Knowledge Fight yet?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

With all the talk of the types of demons and whatnot, listen, it's not the Monster Manual. It's the Fiendish Folio.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

FFT posted:

With all the talk of the types of demons and whatnot, listen, it's not the Monster Manual. It's the Fiendish Folio.

Alex is trying desperately to write his own version of the World of Darkness and failing miserably

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

joylessdivision posted:

Alex is trying desperately to write his own version of the World of Darkness and failing miserably

Could you imagine the fun poo poo a non-evil Alex Jones could have come up with?

Also, the team lead designer on WoT 5th Edition is a Chicago based gentleman by the name of Kenneth Hite. Not really relevant, but Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff is a great podcast about game design, history, esoterica, creativity, and averting WW2 by convincing Hitler to start over life as a cowboy in the American West after surviving WW1.

I should start a thread, ugh.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/davidcovucci/status/1577478613732970497?s=46&t=xDVfMblZ6ByYlOgGf2Rmmg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshqsI2s0kI

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

Could you imagine the fun poo poo a non-evil Alex Jones could have come up with?

Also, the team lead designer on WoT 5th Edition is a Chicago based gentleman by the name of Kenneth Hite. Not really relevant, but Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff is a great podcast about game design, history, esoterica, creativity, and averting WW2 by convincing Hitler to start over life as a cowboy in the American West after surviving WW1.

I will admit, the Wraith Goblins made me laugh out loud. That was hysterical.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

joylessdivision posted:

I will admit, the Wraith Goblins made me laugh out loud. That was hysterical.

Wraith Gremlins. Respect the man’s IP, at least.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

Seconding Ken and Robin is great.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wraith Gremlins. Respect the man’s IP, at least.

Eh, it would have to be his to start with. Phone posting from work so I can't remember what but he gave the source for half of his hierarchy of demonology in the clips. He's so day drunk and brain fried he sees movies as more real than reality.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
The movie and tv show thing is so consistent across all the weirdos. I really liked his interpretation of the Watchmen where (writ of) ozymandamus was the good guy when he even explains his evil plot to the characters at the end, which is such a cliche villain trope that goes right over Alex's head.

They've mentioned it on the show before, but on the recent episode covering 2003 or something super early, he's just doing a straight rip off of Rush's speech patterns and voice, it's infuriating. I want to say something like I can excuse racism, but I draw the line at lack of artistic integrity.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

After Alex Jones ranted in front of media yesterday that he was broke and the families won’t get any more money from him and that he was going to tell off the judge and only plead the fifth from now on, his attorney announced yesterday that Jones would not take the stand.

Without Jones, the defense is not calling any witnesses.

He is such a weak and feeble coward.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Time for a little drinky. A liiiiitle driiiinky for me , then I'm going to come back and have another drink

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Does rampant drinking kill you faster than smoking? Fans of Rush Limbaugh's early grave want to know.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Time for a little drinky. A liiiiitle driiiinky for me , then I'm going to come back and have another drink

:lol:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I. KNOW. HOW. TO DRINK.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Mercury_Storm posted:

Does rampant drinking kill you faster than smoking? Fans of Rush Limbaugh's early grave want to know.

:lol:

Maybe. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I think it might be easier to completely gently caress your liver up before lung cancer kicks in, but I think both will give you heart disease, which might kick in way early.

In any case it looks like he's got a cigarette in his mouth in the first couple seconds of the YouTube video, so he's speed running it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Well, alcohol is a very potent neurotoxin. The nicotine from cigarettes isn't taken in quantities that are as severely detrimental. Alcohol is definitely the winner in terms of lethality.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Mauser posted:

The movie and tv show thing is so consistent across all the weirdos. I really liked his interpretation of the Watchmen where (writ of) ozymandamus was the good guy when he even explains his evil plot to the characters at the end, which is such a cliche villain trope that goes right over Alex's head.

I need Alex Jones to stay alive and free long enough to watch the entirety of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I need that.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Mauser posted:

Maybe. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I think it might be easier to completely gently caress your liver up before lung cancer kicks in, but I think both will give you heart disease, which might kick in way early.

In any case it looks like he's got a cigarette in his mouth in the first couple seconds of the YouTube video, so he's speed running it.

He might be an abomination of a human being but I can't argue with a smoke and a beer together. I don't even particularly drink anymore and there's still nothing quite like a cold beer and cigarette to just enjoy a moment.

gently caress him though, I hope his brain crawls out of his skull live on air and runs away. Ooo or even better, he gets possessed by literal Satan and never does the show again, gives all the money he has to the families and disappears in a puff of smoke.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Omg Kerry Cassidy did a music album. This rules

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

He might be an abomination of a human being but I can't argue with a smoke and a beer together. I don't even particularly drink anymore and there's still nothing quite like a cold beer and cigarette to just enjoy a moment.

As a person who's probably still gonna smoke a cigarette or five when a wedding rolls around, this is a thing I am totally on board with.

Digital Jedi posted:

Omg Kerry Cassidy did a music album. This rules

How are you listening to the same episodes as me at the same time? I just listened to that one the other night while caulking the shower. Wait until you get to 228 because so far it's classic Alex rebelling against the DMV at the start.

I forget what the circumstance was, but Alex rolling around to some mundane gov bureaucracy that interfaces with the public and the demonic civil servant blithely asking him "how's it going Alex?" is like top 10 of the recordings they've played for me.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

joylessdivision posted:

Call me hoighty-toighty, but I propose a cigar since that works with beer, whiskey, bourbon AND brandy.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I do miss bars you could smoke in, but losing the omnipresent haze along with it is a trade I've come around on.

Nowadays when I want a beer or coffee with a cigarette, I just do it outside, at home. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
When I used to smoke, alcohol and a cigarette, nothing better. Likewise with coffee.

Now, subbing a cigarette with some weed? An upgrade, honestly.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Samovar posted:

Call me hoighty-toighty, but I propose a cigar since that works with beer, whiskey, bourbon AND brandy.

Listen, I smoke cigarettes because I have a nicotine addiction. I don't need that weekend tobacco enjoyer nonsense. I want a pack of smokes, some weed and a redbull or 3.

That's how I roll baybay!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mauser posted:

How are you listening to the same episodes as me at the same time? I just listened to that one the other night while caulking the shower. Wait until you get to 228 because so far it's classic Alex rebelling against the DMV at the start.
played for me.

Simple, globalist synced us up

And I just bumped 228 to the top of the list and whoa boy that's some great stuff. DMV is just :discourse:
I'm surprised Waco doesn't come up nearly as much as it was a huge thing for Alex.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I wonder if the ad is related to some Alex Jones google searches I've done :tinfoil:

Edit: I think I had a mypatriotsupply ad the other day too

Mauser fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 7, 2022

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Expect Jones to go off with Tucker clips next week. Tucker interviewed Kanye West and West started spouting conspiracy theories about Uvalde (along with actual legitimate criticism of the media). He ended it by asking if he was in Alex Jones territory.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Does he mean ‘baseless assumptions based on zero actual research’ Alex Jones or ‘wild, inflammatory slander that will cost him a half a billion dollars in a defamation lawsuit’ Alex Jones?

answer: yes

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

red19fire posted:

Does he mean ‘baseless assumptions based on zero actual research’ Alex Jones or ‘wild, inflammatory slander that will cost him a half a billion dollars in a defamation lawsuit’ Alex Jones?

answer: yes

Baseless assumptions. He never seemed to go inflammatory slander, just “asking questions” about why the media all had the same story so quickly. He then used an actual media grievance about how the media does not pay attention to kids murdered in the inner city. He bookended that with his comment about how in sync they were before asking the Jones question.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Expect Jones to go off with Tucker clips next week. Tucker interviewed Kanye West and West started spouting conspiracy theories about Uvalde (along with actual legitimate criticism of the media). He ended it by asking if he was in Alex Jones territory.

See I think he'll go the " Kanye is waking up" route. Then Kanye will replace Tucker as the most important person in the world.
In a couple months I think Kanye will have gone full black isrealite and soon Alex will be saying th Soros and Klaus Schwab were created by Yakub

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Yeah, last night Kanye went almost down the “blacks are the real Jews” and how he was going to expose the Jews for what they have done.

Twitter then suspended him much like Instagram did this past week. Tucker used him for the sound bites and will probably ignore him until Kanye has another mental break.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Alex’s fake-confident laugh is incredible :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don’t usually notice when Alex sounds audibly drunk

He sounded audibly drunk on the ep that they covered today. The whole my way bit was absolutely the brainchild of a dude drunk as poo poo.