Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
His message is the time-tested "I hope people get rid of these troublesome Jews. Not me, though. Obviously they don't mean I am one. I am a good Jew and will be spared, naturally."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Well, what could go wrong?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

teen witch posted:

I’m gonna keep that one in my back pocket
:tipshat:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Neito posted:

To expand on this (I'm a bit of a con rat and it's the talk of the con circuit right now, for obvious reasons), it seems that there's known best practices for this kind of thing (the pit was only 2 feet deep; best practice is 4 feet, and that's over trampoline floor, not goddamn concrete), which I'm pretty sure would invalidate any waiver signed.

Yeah. I'm not a lawyer and I'm sure the details vary by state, but my understanding is that there's an implied competence clause in those kind of blanket waivers - if the company does their jobs correctly and an accident that's within the normal risk parameters of the activity occurs, it offers them protection. If they are a bunch of idiots running a two-bit clown show and cause accidents through gross negligence, it does not.

It does not do a goddamned thing when they set up an attraction that fails to meet basic safety standards, after being forewarned that their design does not meet basic safety standards, continue to operate it after people suffer serious injuries, and then apparently also suppress information on the stream about the attraction being unsafe.

They are mega hosed and they deserve worse than what they'll get.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I've not seen the new Gundam yet, and it's early so it could still change, but my impression is that it departs from previous Gundams in that the protagonist is fighting mech battles for her gay little crush, rather than against.

Edit: Oh dang, how many pages ago was the Gundam discussion? Was it even in this thread? Where am I? Anyway:
https://mobile.twitter.com/EyePatchGuy/status/1579485236202995713

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Oct 11, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anora posted:

it's honestly amazing how many of these people, when a hint of them being a sex pest, having bad opinions, or something else pops up, just like dive into the deep end of being a chud. No Self reflection or anything, just straight from "Haha I like wearing a banana suit" to "Hey, you guys want to hear about 14 words?"

Nah. I can sadly completely understand this phenomenon.

Let's assume you are an arsehole. Now let's assume you are an arsehole who has put far too much of your personal self worth and identity, and personality into being "an influencer". Into having influence over people, into being liked, admired, followed, watched, and/or paid attention by people. Now, because you are an arsehole you end up sexually harassing someone, or letting your terrible opinions about 'the jews' get out, or get publicly angry about trans rights, or whatever. Anyway, once this becomes public, the hordes of normal people who were influenced by or admired and/or paid attention to you, from whom you gained your self worth etc., start to dwindle if not disappear. But you still need the anonymous validation of internet strangers. Fear not, for now you have opened a door to a whole new demographic of dumber and more easily led people - the far right. So as to whether you are actually a nazi, or just an arsehole it doesn't matter. Coz you can jump deep into that pool, and you will have all the likes/retweets or whatever it is you want just by sieg heiling once or twice. And even though all this is coming from anonymous internet CHUDs, you can hold your nose at their actual beliefs, and still get to bask in their adoration and kid yourself that you are still famous/have interned cred.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr Christmas posted:

I've not seen the new Gundam yet, and it's early so it could still change, but my impression is that it departs from previous Gundams in that the protagonist is fighting mech battles for her gay little crush, rather than against.

Edit: Oh dang, how many pages ago was the Gundam discussion? Was it even in this thread? Where am I? Anyway:

it's like straight up in the declaration of independence "if a government is bad you can break the law."

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dr Christmas posted:

What an amazingly big brained statement

The amazing thing about federalism is that if you don’t like the laws of your state, you as a citizen have 49 others to choose from

UNLESS YOU’RE A loving SLAVE NOT A CITIZEN

What a loving idiot

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scientastic posted:

The amazing thing about federalism is that if you don’t like the laws of your state, you as a citizen have 49 others to choose from

What a loving idiot

Look at the replies. He explicitly says, in reply to this, that it doesn't matter for the slaves... because the slaves aren't people according to the laws, so it doesn't matter that they can't move.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Look at the replies. He explicitly says, in reply to this, that it doesn't matter for the slaves... because the slaves aren't people according to the laws, so it doesn't matter that they can't move.

drat, out-logiced again

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What if we made crimes against humanity legal makes u think

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm so 'glad' there are people who simply associate legality with morality. Wouldn't want to risk damaging that vulnerable brain by actually being self-reflective!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The US being comprised of 51 mini-countries is literally one of the worst and most dysfunctional parts of our government.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DaysBefore posted:

Tobuscus didn't work at Rooster Teeth, he was the guy who got famous doing Happy Wheels videos where he screamed a lot. And I think he wrote comedy songs?

ah, they might have mixed up Tobuscus with Trocadero, a band who contributed to the soundtrack of red vs blue?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

1stGear posted:

The US being comprised of 51 mini-countries is literally one of the worst and most dysfunctional parts of our government.

It's such a common psychological problem in humanity that we just reflexively assume that whatever system we're used to is the best. You're born into a country or a city or a religion and it's "good enough" for you in your own experience so you just assume it's the best variety on earth, and then when you grow up and learn there are other perspectives, other mentalities, other cultures, you just automatically assume they're stupid and weird.

So people like this "Underground Railroad were the bad guys" guy get super invested in the idea that the USA "got it right" 250 years ago and has no further need for refinement, and any attempt to make anything better will only serve the wreck what's good about it. People like that will bend over backwards to explain why federalism is great or the 3/5 compromise was good and honorable or the Confederacy had valid grievances under the law or whatever. It's all because they have to believe that their team is, I don't know, the Manchester United of countries. Whatever metaphor means "the arbitrary allegiance that you lucked into by accident of birth and just so happens to be the one that beats everyone else and that reflects well on you, somehow"

Funny coincidence about slavery being outside his experience so he doesn't consider its victims to be human beings at any rate

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Some americans also seem to have this view that anything outside of America is a barren wasteland. America is uniquely prosperous, despite all the crumbling infrastructure and poverty. Everywhere else has it worse, though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mazerunner posted:

ah, they might have mixed up Tobuscus with Trocadero, a band who contributed to the soundtrack of red vs blue?
nah, I'm just mixing up which early 2010s youtube personalities were attached to what thing in the incestuous nerdshit sphere, I thought Toby was attached to rooster teeth because back end folks I knew did stuff for both at the time.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scientastic posted:

What a loving idiot

Also the fugitive slave act explicitly stripping the right of Free states to not recognize runaways as actually free people is a bit thorny for that argument there.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The civil war was about states rights (to force other states to support slavery)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dr. Stab posted:

Some americans also seem to have this view that anything outside of America is a barren wasteland. America is uniquely prosperous, despite all the crumbling infrastructure and poverty. Everywhere else has it worse, though.

American here, was constantly told things like "Americas the greatest country on earth" so little me put 2 and 2 together "this countrys only alright, therefore others must be worse.

You aren't out right told to believe unfounded american exeptionallism but its drilled into you at a young age.

ALMOST LIKE BRAIN WASHING!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Ravenfood posted:

Also the fugitive slave act explicitly stripping the right of Free states to not recognize runaways as actually free people is a bit thorny for that argument there.

https://twitter.com/AgileJebrim/status/1579612519572082688

Love how he goes back and forth between "America is good because people are free to do what they want" and then when it is mentioned that slaves aren't free to do what they want "technically, legally, slaves aren't people" as though that does not combine with the first statement to mean that he doesn't think slaves are people full stop.

by love I mean hate.

e: I am also entranced by this tweet

https://twitter.com/AgileJebrim/status/1579549783169306625

So, the constitution exists entirely in principle, and the holocaust was bad because it violated these principles, but chattel slavery didn't?

Dr. Stab has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Oct 11, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" <- natural rights explicitly called out in the DoI

"...And property" <- thing not mentioned in the DoI, but the only one that matters to this guy

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Data Graham posted:

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" <- natural rights explicitly called out in the DoI

"...And property" <- thing not mentioned in the DoI, but the only one that matters to this guy

Libertarians.txt

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Data Graham posted:

Didn't an early draft say "life liberty and property?" I have a vague memory of learning that in 7th grade.

Also: lol this weird dork.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Dr. Stab posted:

This was so baffling to me when I first got here. Like, I've been in "shithole counties" that have way better roads, faster and cheaper broadband, cheaper and actually nutritious food, not to speak about healthcare and other things for free, the things that here in the US are considered "luxury" for some reason.

None of my friends over there ever had to ration insulin. Just sayin'

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gbut posted:

This was so baffling to me when I first got here. Like, I've been in "shithole counties" that have way better roads, faster and cheaper broadband, cheaper and actually nutritious food, not to speak about healthcare and other things for free, the things that here in the US are considered "luxury" for some reason.

Hmmm but have you considered that their rich people are slightly less rich? What a nightmare that must be.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

gbut posted:

One of my favorite hobbies (as I've mentioned before) is to just putter around foreign cities on Google Earth and look at the photos attached to things like restaurants.

You can go to a downtown mall in Tbilisi or Caracas or Bangkok and there's a food court and a Swarovski store and a Samsung phone kiosk just like in any mall in America, you can get your bacon double cheeseburgers literally anywhere Cartman

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/uncledoomer/status/1579582893516808194

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr Christmas posted:

God these people are the most disingenuous mother fuckers, because even if you believed this poo poo the South is still absolutely in the wrong. Seceding from the United States was a blatant violation of the US constitution, an illegal act.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I have some two-fold idiocy for you!

So there's a woman named Coach Stormy. She claims to be some kind of "lifestyle coach", and you can pay her a lot of money to hang out with you for three days and insult you. (:wiggle:)
https://twitter.com/cruddydre_/status/1577291384817651713

https://twitter.com/lmTheReasonWhy/status/1268164502652104704
(Here's an old clip of her that went viral)

Now, a clip is going around of her at a BBQ, insulting a lady's plate of food, saying it's "high vibrational" or some weird hippie crystal magic poo poo.
https://twitter.com/Xtormyforecast/status/1577010535455154177

So that's some fun idiocy, right? Now here's part two:

I was watching this Youtube video on "dumb bullshit this week", and one of the stories that came up was, of course, the "low vibration" plate of food, and people were feeling COMBATIVE in the comments:

Bonus:
https://twitter.com/KillmongerWidow/status/1577511254885011456
https://twitter.com/KillmongerWidow/status/1579789081500090368

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

gbut posted:

I'm pretty sure it comes from the 50s, when the rest of the world was still devastated from the war while America was untouched and booming.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

My sister went to the USA on a student exchange thing in the nineties and got asked if we had toilet paper in Belgium.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Flipperwaldt posted:

My sister went to the USA on a student exchange thing in the nineties and got asked if we had toilet paper in Belgium.

I knew someone who did a foreign exchange from Brazil (a city of several million) to the US (a town of a few hundred) and was asked, among other things, if they had toothbrushes in Brazil.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flipperwaldt posted:

That could be a result of thinking everyone just uses bidets.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

Doesn't everyone over there have a bidet?
edit:

Henchman of Santa posted:

That could be a result of thinking everyone just uses bidets.
lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't have a bidet, but wouldn't you still want toilet paper to dry yourself?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

fine silk towels, no?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Flipperwaldt posted:

My friend lived in the US for a few years when he was a kid and his classmates sincerely asked him if he'd ever seen a leprechaun.
His family moved back and forth a few times, and when he was back in the US in his late teens he was asked, again sincerely , if we had
A. Electricity
B. Cars
C. Indoor plumbing

They apparently thought Irish people all lived in thatched cottages and went to work on the bog on donkey carts.
(We only do that in the summer months btw)

Edit: actually I am curious, is cutting turf for fuel a thing anywhere outside Ireland?

Edit 2: turf is a terrible fuel from a climate change perspective, but I'd be a liar if the smell of a turf fire wasn't a powerfully strong signifier that winter is coming. We never had turf fires when I was was a kid because our chimneys were way too tall for turf fires to be safe, but I remember sitting beside a handcut turf fire as a child, and it's one of the cosies memories i have.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Oct 11, 2022

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

B33rChiller posted:

fine silk towels, no?

imperial soaps and towelettes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I don't have a bidet, but wouldn't you still want toilet paper to dry yourself?

The traditional European style is to use the bidet and then stand in a Goatse position until you are dry. It is normal to dry yourself this way even in public.