Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

Nice! Treasured memories of my past aren't a complete fabrication!

I thought the British were bonkers for Mars Bars because they were like our Almond Snickers. The fact that their Mars Bar is similar to our Milky Way is... weird. It's not horrible, but it's nothing special. Saying it's your favorite candy bar like saying your favorite drink is water with four ice cubes.

I think you just really like almonds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

gently caress candy bar chat, whatever happened to good beef jerky? Dry tough salty/peppery? Now every pack from every brand is this super sweet sticky soft garbage. I wanna chew a piece for 5 minutes and not have to find a wet nap to unstick-iffy myself after every time I put my hand in the bag.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soul Dentist posted:

Wow that's almost Nagel levels of eighties style. You know it's a good ad because it almost made me want a Whatchamacallit which is a trash bar for idiots

Well you're certainly qualified then

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

a sexual elk posted:

gently caress candy bar chat, whatever happened to good beef jerky? Dry tough salty/peppery? Now every pack from every brand is this super sweet sticky soft garbage. I wanna chew a piece for 5 minutes and not have to find a wet nap to unstick-iffy myself after every time I put my hand in the bag.

Buying beef jerky? In this economy?

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

You all need to try 5th avenue bars. They're the exact same concept as butterfingers but executed way better
:hellyeah:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/smDWnta.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Oo oo ooh! It's Paul Giamatti. PAUL GIAMATTI

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
zuck uploaded this himself to fb, ripe for the memeing

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
On my planet, it stands for Paul Giamatti.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

“Look at those catgirl anime tittys, you can actually reach out and grab them!”

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Oo oo ooh! It's Paul Giamatti. PAUL GIAMATTI

It's Clefairy!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Cartoon Man posted:

“Look at those catgirl anime tittys, you can actually reach out and grab them!”

What a time to be alive!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It’s good that Meta avatars now have legs. Now the fake managers at the vr Walmart can make sure that their vr cashiers are standing

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you get Paul Giamatti to say his name backwards he disappears back to his home dimension.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LawfulWaffle posted:

It’s good that Meta avatars now have legs. Now the fake managers at the vr Walmart can make sure that their vr cashiers are standing

If Meta wants to include Wal-Mart they're going to need VR mobility scooters rather than legs for its customers.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Scathach posted:

Oh, and Violet Crumbles are the superior candy bars, just in case anyone was wondering. Y'all can go to hell with your Mars Bars.

Violet Crumbles sounds like a disease you'd get in 19th Century London.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

`Nemesis posted:

Do the needful, add in the goat to the background. Let Zuck enjoy the meat tunnel.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Bookish posted:

The Whatchamacallit commercial is one I have never forgotten for some reason.

"Whatcha eatin? "Whatchamacallit" "whatchamacallit?" "That's right." "What's right?" "The name." "What name?" "Whatchamacallit"
"You forgot the name?!"

That's from 1981 apparently

:negative:

Same. It was my first introduction to the "who's on first" format.

The Sean has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Oct 12, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

You all need to try 5th avenue bars. They're the exact same concept as butterfingers but executed way better

These look great! I saw a description of them that was basically "like a butterfinger but with actual good chocolate", so I'm definitely gonna try to get some.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Man it has been so long since I have even seen a. 5th Avenue but they were one of my favorites.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Pookah posted:

These look great! I saw a description of them that was basically "like a butterfinger but with actual good chocolate", so I'm definitely gonna try to get some.

They're not bad, but the peanut butter has a somewhat bitter taste to me.

And regarding Whatchamacallits, those were always my favorite candy as a kid, but every one I've had in recent years has had been pretty stale. That, or they changed the recipe at some point I suppose. Food companies love changing up the things I like.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

charleston chew

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Pookah posted:

This used to be true but they've recently changed the recipe to the same "almost chocolate" used in most American candy bars. It is still better than a butterfinger but not like it used to be.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

projecthalaxy posted:

charleston chew

The secret to making charleston chews good is to freeze them.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This used to be true but they've recently changed the recipe to the same "almost chocolate" used in most American candy bars. It is still better than a butterfinger but not like it used to be.

I feel like a modern Tantalus; I have only to hear of a new sweet that sounds really good only for it to be swept away on a wave of inferior ingredients.

I honestly don't buy sweets very often, I just like that they be really good when I do.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

projecthalaxy posted:

charleston chew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WnHMPQ_-JE

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
heard we were talking about beloved nostalgic commericals itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

`Nemesis posted:

The more things change.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Pookah posted:

I feel like a modern Tantalus; I have only to hear of a new sweet that sounds really good only for it to be swept away on a wave of inferior ingredients.

Me and original Irn Bru

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

heard we were talking about beloved nostalgic commericals itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ

Beloved?

I would rather rewatch every bullshit Tom Green thing he did and sang than watch this.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I loved those loving things when they came out. This is the original, then I guess the guy got hired to do the Quiznos ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9MZNEXrElw

It's a little rough now but in 2003? Peak of comedy.

EDIT: Tried to watch it now, incredibly painful, didn't make it 30 seconds. 22 year old me was a dumbass.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

dialhforhero posted:

Beloved?

I would rather rewatch every bullshit Tom Green thing he did and sang than watch this.

Everyone loved the quiznos hamster things. They were the voice of a generation

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All the Quiznos near me are long gone. I just want a loving Chicken Carbonara sub again someday…

:smith:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cartoon Man posted:

All the Quiznos near me are long gone. I just want a loving Chicken Carbonara sub again someday…

:smith:

I miss Quiznos too :(

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Had a friend who managed a Quiznos and they definitely never cleaned their gear. Soda lines were found to have so much mold.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Beerdeer posted:

Me and original Irn Bru

My wee brother gifted me a big glass bottle of original Irn Bru recently and I canny bring myself to open it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The Bananana posted:

I miss Quiznos too :(

Same :smith:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Beerdeer posted:

Me and original Irn Bru

Holy God, how have they hosed up Irn Bru? Have they taken all the sugar out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pookah posted:

Holy God, how have they hosed up Irn Bru? Have they taken all the sugar out?

Pretty sure it was a food coloring probably linked to cancer studies. Or the iron.