Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Manny being a huge nerd explains so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I also like the revelation that Camila actually liked Luz’s eccentricities and only did what she did after caving to societal pressure (which she clearly regrets), plus we got hints that she’s a lot more like her daughter than we thought.

As such, we can officially put the “Luz stays in the human realm at the end” theory to rest (it never made sense in the context of the show anyway). I look forward to a little mother/daughter teamup action and the former meeting Eda

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 16, 2022

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I would like to meet the idiot who decided they should make less of this and more of the sadsack ghost show or whatever.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If anyone missed it, Disney just put the S3 premiere up on their official YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dRfTRN1F5Ys

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Quinton posted:

An excellent 45 minutes of Owl House.

I'm only sad thinking about how much more they could have done if they had a full regular season to work with.

But happy to see they seem committed to make every second of footage count while wrapping up the story.

:same:

Flapjack :smith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Beachcomber posted:

I would like to meet the idiot who decided they should make less of this and more of the sadsack ghost show or whatever.

Hey I’m mad at the series getting cut short too, but there’s no need to drag The Ghost and Molly McGee through the mud! This is the second time that’s happened!

Also the episode was great but obviously you can tell the plan was for a multi episode arc on Earth before they returned to the Isles. I’m kind of sad Vee’s not coming back to the isles and probably not playing much role in the story, but she deserves to happy dating Masha.

Also was it me or did some of the people in Camila’s flashbacks resemble Sasha and Marcy? Obviously they weren’t meant to be then but they had similar haircuts. Also I kind of wish they’d snuck in a Marcy cameo proper. But I’m sure the mouse forbade it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey I’m mad at the series getting cut short too, but there’s no need to drag The Ghost and Molly McGee through the mud! This is the second time that’s happened!

Also the episode was great but obviously you can tell the plan was for a multi episode arc on Earth before they returned to the Isles. I’m kind of sad Vee’s not coming back to the isles and probably not playing much role in the story, but she deserves to happy dating Masha.

Also was it me or did some of the people in Camila’s flashbacks resemble Sasha and Marcy? Obviously they weren’t meant to be then but they had similar haircuts. Also I kind of wish they’d snuck in a Marcy cameo proper. But I’m sure the mouse forbade it.

Assuming going to the human realm was even part of the original plan that is (the Collector was created as a result of the final season being shortened remember)

I love that they managed to completely recontextualize Camila’s character within the span of one episode and I look forward to seeing more of her true self going forward (as well as her eventually meeting Eda), also apparently Luz comes from a family of nerds which explains a lot honestly.

I see Jacob is still a pathetic loser (perhaps even more so now that he got his rear end handed to him by a woman with a flip flop and lost his job)

I am curious how they’re going to deal with Belos for good though (the last time he got dusted he managed to regenerate himself from a single blob of goo)

Also this is technically the first and only holiday special TOH has ever done

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 16, 2022

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Did anyone get a screenshot of the stuff on Luz's computer desktop?

Also, best throwaway: privacy, schmivacy

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Madurai posted:

Did anyone get a screenshot of the stuff on Luz's computer desktop?

Sure did.

HOLLER KNIGHT

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Assuming going to the human realm was even part of the original plan that is (the Collector was created as a result of the final season being shortened remember)

[...]

I am curious how they’re going to deal with Belos for good though (the last time he got dusted he managed to regenerate himself from a single blob of goo)

I'm guessing the general beats of the episode with Luz's guilt and Camila's backstory were in some kind of plan, and wasn't Vee foreshadowed really early on, like in season 1? What I'm saying is, a trip to Earth was a matter of time either way.

And Belos seemed to eat a lot of wild-life when going from a single goo droplet to full-sized humanoid deer, that's fairly... Gross :ohdear: Gotta get rid of all the goo next time!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rappaport posted:

I'm guessing the general beats of the episode with Luz's guilt and Camila's backstory were in some kind of plan, and wasn't Vee foreshadowed really early on, like in season 1? What I'm saying is, a trip to Earth was a matter of time either way.

And Belos seemed to eat a lot of wild-life when going from a single goo droplet to full-sized humanoid deer, that's fairly... Gross :ohdear: Gotta get rid of all the goo next time!

Vee (in the form of Luz) first appeared at the end of an early Season 2 episode unless I’m forgetting something, the Camila stuff makes sense though given what we saw of her in Yesterday’s Lie

I’m curious what Belos’ plan is at this point since he knows for a fact he’s no match for the Collector (unless he plans on trying to possess him like he did with Hunter)

Also since Hunter and Flapjack apparently merged at the end (as evidenced by the former’s eyes turning brown) I’m curious if that means the former can now do magic on his own

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 16, 2022

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Vee (in the form of Luz) first appeared at the end of an early Season 2 episode unless I’m forgetting something, the Camila stuff makes sense though given what we saw of her in Yesterday’s Lie

I’m curious what Belos’ plan is at this point since he knows for a fact he’s no match for the Collector (unless he plans on trying to possess him like he did with Hunter)

Also since Hunter and Flapjack apparently merged at the end (as evidenced by the former’s eyes turning brown) I’m curious if that means the former can now do magic on his own

I had to go back and check the wiki :ohdear:, but there's a bit in season 1 where Camila and Luz are still texting while Luz is "at camp", and it turns out Camila has been getting letters from Luz!

Does Belos have a plan at this point? Maybe he's just lashing out. Or he knows something about the Titan that we don't. We'll see, I guess. Woof.

It'd be cool if Hunter became a real boy after all, good for Flapjack if that's what happened :unsmith: There was a bit light-show, after all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rappaport posted:

I had to go back and check the wiki :ohdear:, but there's a bit in season 1 where Camila and Luz are still texting while Luz is "at camp", and it turns out Camila has been getting letters from Luz!

Does Belos have a plan at this point? Maybe he's just lashing out. Or he knows something about the Titan that we don't. We'll see, I guess. Woof.

It'd be cool if Hunter became a real boy after all, good for Flapjack if that's what happened :unsmith: There was a bit light-show, after all.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. So Vee (and most likely Philip as well since Belos was interested in the human realm back in Season 1) were almost definitely part of the original plan then (it might be interesting if Dana decided to shed some light on what was changed and what was kept when all is said and done)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 16, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Camila's flashback strikes me as the writers realizing "oh boy the whole camp thing really doesn't come off well" and doing a drat fine job adding context.

Also, Hunter's eyes changed color after Flapjack kickstarted his heart.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Funky Valentine posted:

Camila's flashback strikes me as the writers realizing "oh boy the whole camp thing really doesn't come off well" and doing a drat fine job adding context.

Also, Hunter's eyes changed color after Flapjack kickstarted his heart.

Yeah, honestly I never put it together before now but now that Luz is confirmed bi the whole camp thing takes on a noticeably darker tone of conversion therapy. Glad they walked that one back.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

CidGregor posted:

Sure did.

HOLLER KNIGHT

...Why is the icon for the recording software Bill Cipher's eye? :tinfoil:

There were also some interesting books in Camila's bedroom. I saw:

Vampire Diet (makes sense, since she was trying to figure out Boiling Isles food)
Life Ain't Binary (could just be reading up on queer theory in general, but uh, did anyone catch any pronouns being used for Vee?)
Halloween Treats (probably a magazine, by the looks of it)
Feeding Your Manatee (???)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

...Why is the icon for the recording software Bill Cipher's eye? :tinfoil:

There were also some interesting books in Camila's bedroom. I saw:

Vampire Diet (makes sense, since she was trying to figure out Boiling Isles food)
Life Ain't Binary (could just be reading up on queer theory in general, but uh, did anyone catch any pronouns being used for Vee?)
Halloween Treats (probably a magazine, by the looks of it)
Feeding Your Manatee (???)

Vee was confirmed to be female back in her first major appearance during Yesterday’s Lie

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Luz, why would you show your witch friends Hocus Pocus?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mouse tax, obviously

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

CidGregor posted:

Sure did.

HOLLER KNIGHT

Lol @ the copyright in the lower right.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Luz charge your phone laptop

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chicken Butt posted:

Lol @ the copyright in the lower right.

Apparently even Luz herself makes Lumity fanart (also I like that Hades is completely unchanged)

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Luz charge your phone laptop

I don’t know if anyone here has discussed the possibility of Luz being ADD — but in any case, she does seem to be the sort of person whose devices are constantly running out of battery.

Larryb posted:

Apparently even Luz herself makes Lumity fanart (also I like that Hades is completely unchanged)

… and, of course, Azula fanfiction!

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Larryb posted:

Also Luz, why would you show your witch friends Hocus Pocus?

Haha how did I miss that? Willow is not amused.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Chicken Butt posted:

I don’t know if anyone here has discussed the possibility of Luz being ADD — but in any case, she does seem to be the sort of person whose devices are constantly running out of battery.

… and, of course, Azula fanfiction!

Luz is pretty clearly neurodivergent yeah.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macrame_God posted:

Haha how did I miss that? Willow is not amused.

Neither is Amity

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chicken Butt posted:

Luz was confirmed as ADHD in a stream, albeit she wasn't consciously written as such at first.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also unless she or someone else had it stashed on them somewhere I just realized that Luz left her palisman egg behind

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Also unless she or someone else had it stashed on them somewhere I just realized that Luz left her palisman egg behind

She probably stashed it somewhere to keep it safe when she went after Belos in the Season Two finale.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

She probably stashed it somewhere to keep it safe when she went after Belos in the Season Two finale.

She brought it to the human realm with her and we see it multiple times during the episode, I just meant she didn’t have it (as far as we could tell) when she and her mom went through the portal at the end (though it could have been hidden under her costume or something)

Also according to the video log Luz made she was planning to stay in the human realm for good initially so I’m not sure why she would have brought the egg on the hayride with her

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 17, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

She brought it to the human realm with her and we see it multiple times during the episode, I just meant she didn’t have it (as far as we could tell) when she and her mom went through the portal at the end (though it could have been hidden under her costume or something)

Also according to the video log Luz made she was planning to stay in the human realm for good initially so I’m not sure why she would have brought the egg on the hayride with her

I haven't been able to see the episode because my co-workers haven't been bothering to show their asses up to y'know, work. Overtime is okay, but I want my Owl House.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

I haven't been able to see the episode because my co-workers haven't been bothering to show their asses up to y'know, work. Overtime is okay, but I want my Owl House.

If you’re in the US it’s on the Disney Channel YouTube page (for the time being anyway)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hunter was definitely wearing Rocko's shirt during the opening, right? Blue with purple triangles?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Hunter was definitely wearing Rocko's shirt during the opening, right? Blue with purple triangles?

He was indeed, yes

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hunter making a 3 wolf moon shirt was fantastic. I'm glad to see that even as we're nearing the end and poo poo is getting realer and realer, the show can still make good jokes.

It's super weird that no one really seemed to talk about the Blood Hooty after the initial joke.

Willow says "he still confuses us too" but she doesn't seem to be talking about Hunter or Gus or any of the palismans. It seems obvious to me at least that it's Hooty somehow trying to communicate through the worlds but like I said, no one really seems to notice or be getting excited about it like they totally should.

Man this thing was stuffed with references. Guess it makes sense since it's in the human realm so naturally they'd be around (legally distinct of course) human pop culture.

We've got

outfits for Ness from Earthbound and any student from Little Witch Academia (I'm sure the middle one is a reference but I have no idea to what.)

Domicile Sinister 4 and Spirit Devourer are very obviously RE4 and the anime Soul Eater. There are plenty more but I'm sure there's some Youtuber who's gone frame-by-frame better then I have.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The middle shirt is a reference to Night In The Woods (the main character wears a shirt with the same symbol and is a cat, hence the ears above it).

There’s also a few more Amphibia references as well:

Hop Pop:

Grime:

Polly:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TwoPair posted:

We've got

outfits for Ness from Earthbound and any student from Little Witch Academia (I'm sure the middle one is a reference but I have no idea to what.)

Domicile Sinister 4 and Spirit Devourer are very obviously RE4 and the anime Soul Eater. There are plenty more but I'm sure there's some Youtuber who's gone frame-by-frame better then I have.

Larryb posted:

The middle shirt is a reference to Night In The Woods (the main character wears a shirt with the same symbol and is a cat, hence the ears above it).

There’s also a few more Amphibia references as well:

Hop Pop:

Grime:

Polly:

Drawing Supplies $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Background References $3,600
Salaries $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my show is dying

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Beachcomber posted:

Drawing Supplies $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Background References $3,600
Salaries $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my show is dying

Cut the rent and salaries and let them work from home for exposure. :capitalism:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure if anything’s been officially confirmed yet but current listings are saying the next special is slated for January 21st and the remaining episode titles are ”For The Future” and “Watching And Dreaming” (making the final message “Thanks For Watching”)

That said, I’m curious if the next one will pick up right where this left off, show what was happening on the Boiling Isles around the same time, or a little of both.

I also wonder if Belos actually has a plan or if he’s just going to drop all pretense and go full scorched earth (maybe he’ll try to possess the Collector or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

TwoPair posted:

(I'm sure the middle one is a reference but I have no idea to what.)

It's the main character of Night in the Woods, says my partner.