Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

to be clear I am currently paying less than the going rate because I’ve had YouTube premium since it was google music. not countenancing a 50% increase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
That's a 22% increase in price lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

must be to finance a 25% increase in artist revenuahahahaahaha

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

jesus WEP posted:

ahahahaahaha

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

jesus WEP posted:

must be to finance a 25% increase in artist revenuahahahaahaha

lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

blatantly obvious that some exec has made youtube profit increases part of their annual goals, between this and testing all the stuff to lock 4k behind premium and automatically switch quality down during playback

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

over/under on YouTube rebranding or name change set at 12/31/23

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

uTube

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jenny Agutter posted:

over/under on YouTube rebranding or name change set at 12/31/23

thats not how over/under works!!!!!!!!! :arghfist:

they did just roll out "handles" though, or are rolling it out. i'd wager no new name but maybe some other stupid refocusing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

blatantly obvious that some exec has made youtube profit increases part of their annual goals, between this and testing all the stuff to lock 4k behind premium and automatically switch quality down during playback
when other parts of your business start sucking it puts pressure on the actual successful divisions to take up the slack

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Gotta pay for Stadia somehow.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

and automatically switch quality down during playback

that drives me bananas. is there a way to make it automatically go to the highest setting and stay there? every video now it seems i have to go "wow wtf" and remember to set it off of 480p

Zamujasa posted:

is it not? i mean it's not literally an over/under, but you can bet after/before for the same effect.

i bet after. youtube is too well established a brand to change its name outright. but i would bet before for the next rebrand of youtube red / youtube premium / youtube tv / whatever

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Zamujasa posted:

they did just roll out "handles" though, or are rolling it out. i'd wager no new name but maybe some other stupid refocusing

probably licensing handle.tube for content makers or some other branding hook

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

that drives me bananas. is there a way to make it automatically go to the highest setting and stay there? every video now it seems i have to go "wow wtf" and remember to set it off of 480p

is it not? i mean it's not literally an over/under, but you can bet after/before for the same effect.

i bet after. youtube is too well established a brand to change its name outright. but i would bet before for the next rebrand of youtube red / youtube premium / youtube tv / whatever

it’s closer than most other uses of over/under but it’d be a prop bet of some sort

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
they just finished shoving google music into the youtube brand and site I doubt they’ll change it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i thought google music died like a decade ago

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

PokeJoe posted:

i thought google music died like a decade ago

they killed it dec 2020

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Cold on a Cob posted:

they just finished shoving google music into the youtube brand and site I doubt they’ll change it

that actually makes it the perfect time because everyone involved in that is now looking for some more makework

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jabor posted:

that actually makes it the perfect time because everyone involved in that is now looking for some more makework

:hmmyes:

anyway it seems like jacking up the price is counterproductive while also locking down 4k content and increasing ads. like are they trying to increase subs or not???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas, man

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

they must be really confident the new chrome extension manifest is going to kill ad blockers

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what’s stigma

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

stigma balls

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
https://9to5google.com/2022/10/31/google-g1-iphone/

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
this is what anroid users actually want

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dreams of the green bubble

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/kane/status/1587540685392990208

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Google Meet (Forbidden)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

green bubble stigmata

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

love that their answer to the iphone was to just remove all the physical buttons and leave the OS the way it was

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1587640766696140800

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

renders of what became the “Google G1” (HTC Dream or T-Mobile G1) five months before the iPhone launched

reminder that Erik Schmidt was on Apple’s board of directors while the iPhone was being developed and likely leaked everything about it to google

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol. anroid.

Malicious App Developer Remains on Google Play Despite Being Cited Multiple Times for Malware

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Google Meet (First One, Then The Other)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
[arby’s_voice] Google: we have the Meets [/arby’s_voice]

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I haven’t used an android in a long time and apparently Google fixed their android problem by making it copy iOS right down to peripheral compatibility

https://i.imgur.com/6Bf1zPQ.mp4

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
tasty electricity is tasty electricity

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

tasty electricity is tasty electricity

It clicks on like it does an iPhone so they stuck a magnet under the back deliberately

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 27, 2022

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

isn't the apple magnet thing basically Qi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

isn't the apple magnet thing basically Qi

It IS qi.