Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I did not see it but that Jimmy Carr show sounds utterly moronic. This take is somehow worse.

I found an even worse one in the replies.

https://twitter.com/VKWallace1/status/1585114291270975489?s=20&t=6GyNVCy22Bu4kEwBiojabA

Hitler paintings don't contain terrible things, they're pedestrian painting of buildings and landscapes. If you saw one without knowing Hitler painted it you'd probably never think about it again. Wanting to destroy them has absolutely nothing to do with the the content of the paintings themselves and everything to do with the creator. You can throw Jimmy Carr's jokes, hell Jimmy Carr himself, into a shredder if he ever commits a genocide, as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why in gods name would you get jimmy carr to try and host a show where he is supposed to think about things?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

If we as a culture decide to embrace fascism in order to bring back Blockbuster Video, of all things, we deserve whatever happens to us.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would be so loving owned if someone gave me forty‐two million dollars.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

YaketySass posted:

Reminds me of Haidt's moral foundations theory, aka "if we define 3 out of 5 essential moral values as stuff like Authority and Purity, then conservatives are indeed more moral than liberals".

This is why the shopping cart test infuriates conservatives the way it does. It’s truly empirical and it’s hitting them where they live.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

selec posted:

This is why the shopping cart test infuriates conservatives the way it does. It’s truly empirical and it’s hitting them where they live.

And what's that?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

rekko posted:

And what's that?

If you don’t put your shopping cart away you’re an rear end in a top hat. Low risk, low reward, simple service to the community. Dr Phil got so mad about it he tried to do a show shaming a YouTube channel that yells at people who fail it.

https://youtu.be/PVOOv3yE6hU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rekko posted:

And what's that?

shopping cart test isn't some philosophical thesis or anything it's just a thought experiment someone made up online that resonated with people and got spread pretty far

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/natalielovesxo/status/1586187618026287104?s=46&t=7T_KH0wU71_pTXe3FPaAXw

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

shopping cart test isn't some philosophical thesis or anything it's just a thought experiment someone made up online that resonated with people and got spread pretty far

So it's baby's first Kant

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

It’s spelled “Kart”

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Pretty sure it would be baby's second Kant.

e: unless it was a caesarean.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
You telling me with a straight face you wouldn't drive that car

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Vib Rib posted:

Baby you can gently caress my car
Cus it's gonna be a star
Baby you can gently caress my car
And maybe it'll love you

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Vib Rib posted:

Buddy;

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mister Speaker posted:

But you have to be a special kind of sick in the head to make eating a pound of testicles a day your thing.

Hey wtf, how else am I gonna master cum guzzling?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Staryberry posted:

This first image is my favorite, because almost all of these things still exist and are popular with little boys—Pokémon cards, spaghetti and meatballs, TV, video games. Tamogachi are still around, but I feel like they were only popular for a year or two. I think they might still be sold at Target. We don’t need to travel back into the past to enjoy these things.

The thing that bugs me is that they can't accept that what they miss is being twelve, without rent or responsibilities or arthritis or an awareness of how the world can be unfair, and they've decided that not feeling like that anymore is the fault of "leftists".

RFC2324 posted:

Hey wtf, how else am I gonna master cum guzzling?

Check your PMs.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Nintendo 64 kid had it coming

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Only 500%?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Heath posted:

Only 500%?

I mean he has to sleep sometime

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Heath posted:

Only 500%?

That's the limit for low-range slurometers.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

That's the limit for low-range slurometers.

Not great, not terrible.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i had some special edition aladdin dvd in high school and watched the making of documentaries they had on it. it turns out jasmine was based on one of the animators sister, who was an adult woman with a kid.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I looked at the replies to the OP and people are contributing basically every female Disney character so I think what's really happening is that if you watch any movie during the perma-boner period between 12 and 16 you just decide that what's onscreen is the reason you have a boner and never give up on that belief.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kenning posted:

I looked at the replies to the OP and people are contributing basically every female Disney character so I think what's really happening is that if you watch any movie during the perma-boner period between 12 and 16 you just decide that what's onscreen is the reason you have a boner and never give up on that belief.

I mean, yeah. I'm pretty sure Disney's Robin Hood is basically the monkey from outbreak in terms of furries.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Skwirl posted:

I mean, yeah. I'm pretty sure Disney's Robin Hood is basically the monkey from outbreak in terms of furries.

Naw that was Zoobilee Zoo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoobilee_Zoo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Splash Attack posted:

i had some special edition aladdin dvd in high school and watched the making of documentaries they had on it. it turns out jasmine was based on one of the animators sister, who was an adult woman with a kid.
Genuinely interesting trivia, but yeah kind of "trees for the forest" in this case.

Kenning posted:

It's kind-of funny how being a, nerd?--whatever the gently caress pejorative they call people like me these days-- means that I grew up getting soaked in critique about refusing to "grow up" but the older I get the more adults I see who psychically entomb themselves in whatever dumb poo poo they liked during adolescence without realizing it, whereas for the most part myself and other nerds I know have moved on. Because part of being a nerd or whatever is learning very quickly very young that the literal things you like absofuckinglutely do not like you back, and they shouldn't.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

Good to know somebody other than me is out there muttering about idiots who can't return their carts. I drag any nearby carts into the corral as well, and rearrange them into orderly lines because apparently just jamming them up against each other is also acceptable?!

Now, let's talk about people who put food back on the shelves just loving anywhere. Oh hey, I don't want X anymore, let me just jam it on the shelf somewhere. Potted plant hidden in a freezer? Sure! Fresh meat behind the cereal boxes? Why not!

And yeah large fries and a large chocolate frosty please.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If you put a product back onto the shelf yourself it's like putting a baby bird back in the nest, the mother will reject it

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Crust First posted:

Good to know somebody other than me is out there muttering about idiots who can't return their carts. I drag any nearby carts into the corral as well, and rearrange them into orderly lines because apparently just jamming them up against each other is also acceptable?!

Now, let's talk about people who put food back on the shelves just loving anywhere. Oh hey, I don't want X anymore, let me just jam it on the shelf somewhere. Potted plant hidden in a freezer? Sure! Fresh meat behind the cereal boxes? Why not!

And yeah large fries and a large chocolate frosty please.

it provides enrichment for the store employees

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Kenning posted:

This explains my Margaret Thatcher ranting about the IRA kink

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I can't find it right now and I'm not about to start browsing tiktok for it but there's a great video of some guy 'helping' a driver who left their shopping cart in the adjacent parking spot. "Oh let me get that for you" he says, and leaves it directly behind their car.

I always want to move errant carts near the most expensive-looking car I can see but honestly most people at my local grocery are pretty good about returning them.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Splash Attack posted:

Thanks, I almost worried beating off to Jasmine from Aladdin was shameful for a sec there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Mister Speaker posted:

I can't find it right now and I'm not about to start browsing tiktok for it but there's a great video of some guy 'helping' a driver who left their shopping cart in the adjacent parking spot. "Oh let me get that for you" he says, and leaves it directly behind their car.

I always want to move errant carts near the most expensive-looking car I can see but honestly most people at my local grocery are pretty good about returning them.

Here’s a whole channel where they shame people for not returning carts and pull stuff like that

https://youtube.com/c/CartNarcs

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

tbh my point is not “it’s ok to jerk it to jasmine” but “the animators made a choice that a teenage girl looks like a grown woman”

aladdin came out when i was around kindergarten or preschool and i had automatically assumed that they were both adults from what they looked. it wasn’t until much later in life that i found out they were both teens which was very ???

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Disney movies was marketed to kids so I’m not sure why your suprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Disney movies was marketed to kids so I’m not sure why your suprised
Because they were a kid, thus the target audience you're talking about, and they assumed with no issues the two were adults.