Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Opopanax posted:

Going to make Zorua my buddy so I can really mess with them

That's just gonna break the game, mate. Do you think Niantic tested that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

we apparently have a cryptid player in town who nobody knows who the gently caress they are but literally whenever a gym is blue and has an open spot they put a blissey in. they have so many loving blisseys. like no joke they probably have had like 30 blisseys in gyms at the same time at least (obviously hard to tell for certain but like 4/5 times if there's a blissey in a gym it's them). very funny thing to keep encountering

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The IVs on my zorura have changed and I'm mad

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This kinda stupid is why I like the zorua thing

Edit: I pulled up the game after posting this and another appeared on the screen. They are huge.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

This kinda stupid is why I like the zorua thing

Edit: I pulled up the game after posting this and another appeared on the screen. They are huge.

On the other hand, they screwed it up and if you caught what should have been a Zorua with a Go Plus or Gotcha, it'd just be the Pokemon it was disguised as, so they had to turn off autocatchers because people used it to get Great League sized Giratina, etc. As far as I know they're still off.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Kantesu posted:

On the other hand, they screwed it up and if you caught what should have been a Zorua with a Go Plus or Gotcha, it'd just be the Pokemon it was disguised as, so they had to turn off autocatchers because people used it to get Great League sized Giratina, etc. As far as I know they're still off.

loving lol. I kinda wish I had an autocatcher to get like extra shiny mews or poo poo

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I was thinking getting one might be fun to put in my car so it'd give me stardust and candy, but oh my god they're $180+ on amazon. e: oh, no, i'm dumb. Just the Nintendo Pokeball is.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 31, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I recommend the catchmon go. In my experience go-tchas have had poo poo battery life and poo poo build quality (they break easily).

Catchmon go is a bit big but the battery life is excellent and the beep feature is very good for detecting the frequent disconnects.

The one big weirdness mine has is that it does not tolerate sunlight. Direct sunlight will disconnect it. Overcast days and after sunset are fine.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Bogart posted:

I was thinking getting one might be fun to put in my car so it'd give me stardust and candy, but oh my god they're $180+ on amazon. e: oh, no, i'm dumb. Just the Nintendo Pokeball is.

Looks like a Go Plus, but is micro USB rechargeable and auto catches
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...id=OjHzO49j4qsZ

I use this one, it lasts like a month
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...id=QpfZpibkJiax

If you're really hardcore and have 4 accounts, get this thing
https://www.amazon.com/Megacom-CatchMon-account-Ver2022-Android-iOS/dp/B0B58Q99R6

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Every Pokémon I’ve ever caught I caught by hand, in the rain, uphill both ways

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Endless Trash posted:

Every Pokémon I’ve ever caught I caught by hand, in the rain, uphill both ways

Yeah but how often do your pokemon call you or drop by?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kantesu posted:

oh my god. My girlfriend was upset that it got turned off, if i tell her it's because she had a chance to get more shiny ponytas but didn't get any she'd chop my head off

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

oh my god. My girlfriend was upset that it got turned off, if i tell her it's because she had a chance to get more shiny ponytas but didn't get any she'd chop my head off

They said they're going to revert all duplicated pokemon back into zorua so don't worry about telling her. Also Auto-catchers have been re-enabled.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Is anyone using Campfire? I have seen zero activity locally lol

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

angrygodofjebus posted:

Is anyone using Campfire? I have seen zero activity locally lol

I got a bunch of flare notifications on my phone during this past week's raid hour, which promptly got annoying so I disabled notifications.

Like I can sort of see what they're going for with Campfire but it feels a little half-baked.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Campfire did recently get an update in that you can now make conversations at gyms to coordinate for raids. Prior to that it had largely been a friend only thing where you could only send messages to friends. Still a work in progress and not sure how many people are going to be using it when it gets full rollout. Still helped me coordinate a few raids though.

I mostly use it to find raids nearby and go there instead of being out and about and hoping a raid is nearby.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I've never even heard of that. Is it US only or something? If not they should advertise/integrate it better.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

boy am i very glad i decided to hold off on using the candy for the 3* one i already had

:3: stats suck but don't care

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Entropist posted:

I've never even heard of that. Is it US only or something? If not they should advertise/integrate it better.

I have no idea! I assumed everyone's raid screen looked like this now:

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Entropist posted:

I believe it was tested in Oceania first, and its been extended to certain accounts only for now (plus I think those get to invite one or so more accounts to use it).

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Well, any communication features that work in-game could be helpful. If you need to launch a separate app, we already have tons of chat apps that a lot of players aren't using, having one more will just fracture the user base even more.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I’m nearly positive this is something handed down by Nintendo. They are reasonably frightened of creeps talking to kids. Making a separate app is probably the best compromise Niantic could reach.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
That's a good theory, but kids rightfully hate the grind in the game and stop playing after a month.

The only people who play the game long-term are people over 35 years

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New Zealand and Australia are reporting a surprise event after the Community Day Classic event at 5pm local time. Tie in with Violet and Scarlet. Keep an eye out for it for yourself assuming it works properly this time.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Unclouded posted:

New Zealand and Australia are reporting a surprise event after the Community Day Classic event at 5pm local time. Tie in with Violet and Scarlet. Keep an eye out for it for yourself assuming it works properly this time.

Maybe it's that coin Pokemon that people have been talking about?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Wheany posted:

The only people who play the game long-term are people over 35 years

Ummm I started playing before I was 35 thank you

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

angrygodofjebus posted:

I have no idea! I assumed everyone's raid screen looked like this now:

Huh okay! I don't have that and in my area no one is talking about that even though I'm in all the local nolifer PoGo groups.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Unclouded posted:

I actually looked at Twitter for the first time in 6 months to try to find out what this is, people are saying that pokestops turn yellow after the event and you get a mysterious coin in your inventory that's listed as ?????coin, and a weird alien looking guy starts following you around

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh yeah, that sounds like a Scarlet/Violet promo for sure. Getting Meltan vibes from this. Neat!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Oh yeah, that sounds like a Scarlet/Violet promo for sure. Getting Meltan vibes from this. Neat!

A model for the Scarlet/Violet prof got datamined too, so more than likely, yeah

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
MOTHMAN IS REAL

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I wind up not getting a shiny Dratini, again, I'm going to be so pissed. I've been after this thing for like 5 years

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Opopanax posted:

If I wind up not getting a shiny Dratini, again, I'm going to be so pissed. I've been after this thing for like 5 years

If you strike out again I'll hook you up

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In three hours with incense on and everything I only got three shinies between my two accounts. I usually get a whole lot more than that in CDs.

No idea what that coin nonsense was. I only got the one coin in spite of flipping over the golden pokestop a bunch and the alien thing wasn't doing anything when I clicked on it, just kept following me around with a dialog balloon with a coin inside. Nonsense. Plus the design on this thing was dreadful. I have been trying not to be spoiled but every Gen 9 design I saw on some announcement was bad in different ways. This coin alien one took the cake, though.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

It IS possible to get more coins, I have 6 and my partner has 9, but nothing happened so I think maybe tomorrow we're gonna get a new research series or something

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Got a 2 star with about 12 minutes to go :worship:

No idea what's up with the coin stuff. I foolishly got both my flu shot and covid booster yesterday and now I can't leave the house today

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Saoshyant posted:

In three hours with incense on and everything I only got three shinies between my two accounts. I usually get a whole lot more than that in CDs.

No idea what that coin nonsense was. I only got the one coin in spite of flipping over the golden pokestop a bunch and the alien thing wasn't doing anything when I clicked on it, just kept following me around with a dialog balloon with a coin inside. Nonsense. Plus the design on this thing was dreadful. I have been trying not to be spoiled but every Gen 9 design I saw on some announcement was bad in different ways. This coin alien one took the cake, though.

take back what you said about mothman

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Mothman > mothman by way of Reddit

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its antennae look like lil dowsing rods :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters