Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh hey wb beep, hope your Halloween was spooky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

wb beep

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

oh hey wb beep, hope your Halloween was spooky

yeah, it was breddy good. nine year old did his thing and had fun. the three year old really “got it” this year. good poo poo.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

yeah, it was breddy good. nine year old did his thing and had fun. the three year old really “got it” this year. good poo poo.

same for ours and your 3yo 😊 much more enjoyable now!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

post hole digger posted:

im happy because its raining in sf

the hummingbird feeder got all waterlogged and the birds were clearly upset about it because they kept trying one hole after another then flying off. also they didn't seem to like to be out in the rain. it's sunny now and i refilled the feeder and they're just sitting there chugging it and relaxing and it is very cute

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i had fun tonight despite feeling horrible about getting kicked out

mystes
May 31, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol a few of my mates are quitting smoking because durries hit AU$45 (~$30) per pack

Jesus and I thought $8 was bad
Imaging paying a whole bluecheck's worth for cigarettes

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The Beep is back in town

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

Good! I'm sure when you go back they'll say it's just vomit under the bridge.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
$8/pack is insane. I quit when I had a kid but it was $5.5/pack then and felt awful

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hey beep what’s up man

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what were those cheap shits? basics? yeah, i think that’s what I’d get when I didn’t have camels monsy.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

cjs: job chat, professional advice, and where hbag spewed today

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I only smoke Polish cigs that I find on the dance floor at the club

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I always preferred American spirits but they were kinda pricey

matti
Mar 31, 2019

hbag posted:

whad'ya buy?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kreteks were my true jam and I still get them sometimes :3:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Truman Peyote posted:

I only smoke Polish cigs that I find on the dance floor at the club

same except pills

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

oh my god I miss smoking so much. Someone got out of their car and they must've been hotboxing a cigarette because all of that came billowing out of their car door as I passed by in the parking lot and it made me jones pretty hard.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Video Nasty posted:

oh my god I miss smoking so much.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

made me jones pretty hard.

o_O

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Video Nasty posted:

oh my god I miss smoking so much

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

matti posted:

whad'ya buy?

cider and "clothes"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hell yeah beep with an entrance

matti
Mar 31, 2019

hbag posted:

cider and "clothes"

ah! i see

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i cleaned out my closet all the way and have two big trash bags of gimmick comedy shirts with words on them to donate, another huge pile of perfectly good clothes i just forgot about to wash, and i successfully assembled an 81kg wardrobe unit and moved it across the house under my own power

i am _cashed out_ but feels good man. Cottage 290 lookin pretty sharp.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Jonny 290 posted:

i cleaned out my closet all the way and have two big trash bags of gimmick comedy shirts with words on them to donate, another huge pile of perfectly good clothes i just forgot about to wash, and i successfully assembled an 81kg wardrobe unit and moved it across the house under my own power

i am _cashed out_ but feels good man. Cottage 290 lookin pretty sharp.

You ever decide where you’re setting up ranch 290

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jonny did u move

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ranch 290 will never happen due to boomers driving everything up to a million dollars and pulling the ladder up.

I am much chiller about all that now, i just enjoy the mornings and the noons and sunsets, keeping my kitchen clean and cooking good food, and being kind to people that deserve it and mean to people that deserve that.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

President Beep posted:

gently caress!

hey beep

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

still wildly oscillating between "i do not want to lose this job i must do whatever i can!!!!!!" and "good god this place makes me miserable." but at least my spouse was pretty supportive and was basically just like ":shrug: go something you don't hate, we'll be fine for now"

mostly i'm just terrified that getting fired with cause from a failed pip is gonna make me unemployable. i got this job right out of school, and i probably should have left like, 5 years ago.

another q: is it ever better to accept severance instead of a pip?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
fun korea tip: turtle chips are not chips, and they are not made out of turtles

they are, however, loving delicious

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh hey beep long time no see

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Gnossiennes posted:

still wildly oscillating between "i do not want to lose this job i must do whatever i can!!!!!!" and "good god this place makes me miserable." but at least my spouse was pretty supportive and was basically just like ":shrug: go something you don't hate, we'll be fine for now"

mostly i'm just terrified that getting fired with cause from a failed pip is gonna make me unemployable. i got this job right out of school, and i probably should have left like, 5 years ago.

another q: is it ever better to accept severance instead of a pip?

so imo a pip is a formal yet informal way to say "we're getting ready to let you go, so please start looking for another job" and there is really no point in trying to actually follow the Plan to Improve your Person. If you're in a location where switching jobs is really hard, things might be different, and I'm sure there's lots of stories about people on PIPs turning around or whatever, but generally PIPs are the beginning of the end. Try to keep your poo poo togetger while you find another job. Unless your manager is a fuckin idiot, they should be expecting you to do this.

edit wrt severance:
idk depends on the severance and the job market. If its like 6 months severance and I was confident I could find a job, I'd deffo think about it.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

wb beep, i hope all is well with you and the beeplings

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

so imo a pip is a formal yet informal way to say "we're getting ready to let you go, so please start looking for another job" and there is really no point in trying to actually follow the Plan to Improve your Person. If you're in a location where switching jobs is really hard, things might be different, and I'm sure there's lots of stories about people on PIPs turning around or whatever, but generally PIPs are the beginning of the end. Try to keep your poo poo togetger while you find another job. Unless your manager is a fuckin idiot, they should be expecting you to do this.

edit wrt severance:
idk depends on the severance and the job market. If its like 6 months severance and I was confident I could find a job, I'd deffo think about it.

Ceci n’est pas une PIP

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, life is good in general, thank you.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bob dobbs is dead posted:

beep for god-emperor. including the weird sandworm transformation and deadly weakness to water

You didn't see Heidi Klum's halloween costume for 2022 did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NoneMoreNegative posted:

You didn't see Heidi Klum's halloween costume for 2022 did you?

honestly i thought it was fake