Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
then dont do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Ok so it was 100% a problem with input lag using the PSTV/DS4, even with the controller plugged in. It was most noticeable with the stick, but even the dpad had lag. I got it on the second try once I loaded up the game on my Vita (wouldn't have been first try, but I had to get used to different timing). It's still kind of a miserable minigame, and it's complete bullshit that you have to do it so much to complete a S. Link, but it's not as bad as I thought it was last night.

NikkolasKing posted:

Well I'm glad you're enjoying the rest of the game. If it's any consolation, I beat the game twice and don't remember ever bothering with fishing at all.

Any favorites in terms of characters or S Links?

I really liked the Death S. Link this time around. It's a very depressing story, but it also felt like you were actively helping the old lady through her grief, rather that just kind of sitting back and watching as she talked her own way through it (which is kind of how most other S. Links play out).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
the epic 2008 gbs posting arc of someone in an over the top Bad rear end posting voice finding out they were loving up and still blaming the game ftw.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Stux posted:

the epic 2008 gbs posting arc of someone in an over the top Bad rear end posting voice finding out they were loving up and still blaming the game ftw.

it gave us the F-Zero GX post which is still an all time classic

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a way to have PS buttons on the PC port..the xbox ones look so loving wrong...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a way to have PS buttons on the PC port..the xbox ones look so loving wrong...

If there isn't right now there probably will be within a week, even if it's via specialK injection

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Not on the Game Pass version (until someone makes a mod for it, which will probably take days at most)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ibram Gaunt posted:

https://gamebanana.com/mods/408074

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

it gave us the F-Zero GX post which is still an all time classic

I remember this but only vaguely

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I remember this but only vaguely

warning: it's an angry rant from 2003 so there are gamer words

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=711267

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I just remembered I uploaded all my Citra saves a couple years ago now to my Google Drive because someone on Reddit wanted their first run of SJR to be on the highest difficulty and Impossible is only available to NG+. This is very handy since I didn't feel like digging out my old PC to transfer my saves.

I really need to get around to a new run of SJR. I've now done old Law, old Chaos, so I figure I might as well do New Neutral because everyone talks up the new final boss. Harder than even Mem Aleph, I'm told. I'm interested to fight MA again anyway because my Law run was on original SJ which was also my first time ever with a Megaten game. God, I was really dumb and bad. She had some gimmick with resisting elements is all I remember so I got around this with this thing called "Almighty damage." I mean...look at the title, it must be the best. So I used Seraph and gave his Candy or Essence or whatever it was to some other demon and had these two spam Big Bang over and over and over and over again while I threw Chakra restoring items at them. And that is how I beat my first Megaten game. I'd like to tackle her again at her hardest and win legitimately this time. And then I'll also get a whole new boss out of it.

There's a new final dungeon too, right? I would hope it's not as long s Horologium. Love that place but it's lengthy is because it's the final dungeon. A second dungeon of comparable length is just kinda overkill, IMO.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm giving SMTV another shot lately. I just finished collecting three golden apples... I hate this MMO poo poo.

Put the game down for the night to listen to some music. Random album selection resulted in Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal, a classic album. However, I can't believe how SMT it all sounds (example.) If SMT ever goes hip-hop like Persona 3, they can just buy the instrumentals and be good to go.

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 1, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Erg posted:

warning: it's an angry rant from 2003 so there are gamer words

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=711267

Someone born when this was posted would be an adult now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The classics never age

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

happy 30 years, smt1 :toot:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

enojy posted:

I hate this MMO poo poo.

:dafuq:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

enojy posted:

I hate this MMO poo poo.

what

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I kind of get it, currently playing through persona 4 Golden and LMAOOOO there is no way in hell I'm doing any of these side quests, life is short and precious and beautiful

I mean other than the ones that are directly associated with the fox

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

KingSlime posted:

I kind of get it, currently playing through persona 4 Golden and LMAOOOO there is no way in hell I'm doing any of these side quests, life is short and precious and beautiful

I mean other than the ones that are directly associated with the fox

life is most definitely not any of those three things

do the persona quests

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nah man I got to go to bed

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
150 stars? uh, yeah, get this MMO poo poo out of my face princess peach

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a finished fan translation of Soul Hackers for PS1/Saturn? Or should I just play the 3DS version?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is there a finished fan translation of Soul Hackers for PS1/Saturn? Or should I just play the 3DS version?

Just play the 3DS version

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Atlus needs to hurry up and release SMT IV for a modern non-handheld platform. It’s the only one of the more modern entries I don’t have access to, and I want to try it.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

BurningBeard posted:

Atlus needs to hurry up and release SMT IV for a modern non-handheld platform. It’s the only one of the more modern entries I don’t have access to, and I want to try it.

A life without a 3DS is a life unlived.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I spilled coca cola on my 3ds and i don't wanna buy a new one

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

BurningBeard posted:

Dump your copy of SMT IV, get a handheld device powerful enough to emulate 3DS and that has video out.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

SpiderLink posted:

Dump your copy of SMT IV, get a handheld device powerful enough to emulate 3DS and that has video out.

My PC is a loving potato. Isn’t emulation for3DS relatively intensive? this would be cool though.Etrian series is also totally my jam and I haven’t gotten to play any of them.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've just expended all patience I have for filler quests that boil down to "go collect X number of things". I blame my years of playing WoW, whose quests mostly trended towards that kind of inconsequential gameplay. I didn't mean to imply that SMTV is rife with that kind of stuff, just the particular section of the game I was in at the time.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

BurningBeard posted:

My PC is a loving potato. Isn’t emulation for3DS relatively intensive? this would be cool though.Etrian series is also totally my jam and I haven’t gotten to play any of them.

My Ryzen 2200g could mostly run the 3DS SMT games fine with a few areas having FPS issues. I did have to run them at native resolution and no full screen but maybe that gives you a baseline for using the Citra 3DS emulator.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They're turn based RPGs, running them at half speed on a poorly optimized emulator is an ancient tradition

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

BurningBeard posted:

I meant something like Steam Deck. I just got an AYN Odin Lite myself, and SMT IV seems to be holding 30 at 4x resolution. I had forgotten how long the intro is. Not sure if that would hold while outputting video though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
the perfect solution to wanting to play a handheld game on a non-handheld machine: a handheld machine thats more expensive and larger than the original system.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Stux posted:

the perfect solution to wanting to play a handheld game on a non-handheld machine: a handheld machine thats more expensive and larger than the original system.

I'm also playing P5R on it via streaming, is that ok with you?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can't the Deck handle P5R without streaming it?

E: oops can't read you said you had a AYN Odin Lite

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay SMT: Soul Hackers 2 complete. Now to start on Soul Hackers 1 for 3DS.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

SpiderLink posted:

I'm also playing P5R on it via streaming, is that ok with you?

u appear to be some sort of chat bot unable to correctly identify what its replying to. please, as you were. my apologies for the inconvenience.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’m going to play SMT3 after putting it off forever. How brutal is it coming from SMTV? Planning to play on normal

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's less forgiving but it's really not that hard. Its infamous reputation is mostly since back in the day barely any JRPG people played in the west had teeth.

The re-release makes things a bit easier with the fusion changes too. You just gotta be more careful and save often and you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still got owned when I tried to play it recently but I think I wandered into the wrong area too early