Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

A Frosty Witch posted:

Y'all don't wanna hire me. If I've learned one immutable truth, it's that every business I join inevitably turns into a circus and sinking ship at the same time, leading to hilarious antics to share online while the business goes bankrupt and I'm getting assured I'm doing a great job the entire time.

Aww :allears:

Come work here. I'm working my way out the door, so if you sink us, it won't matter. We really have a solid DE&I program, which is something I really do think is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Hughmoris posted:

I am using one to connect my downstairs TV, works without issue. Using one in professional networking environment? Ehhhhhhhh.
In Ireland there have been horror stories of them loving people's home networks because semi-detatched houses with shared ground connections are apparently common.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Hughmoris posted:

I am using one to connect my downstairs TV, works without issue. Using one in professional networking environment? Ehhhhhhhh.

Wait till you put a packet sniffer on it and start seeing things like your local electricity company's meters on the/your network. Network doesn't stop at your property line any more with those!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My company just took on United Church of God as a client

Fml, I refuse to support those people

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

A Frosty Witch posted:

Y'all don't wanna hire me. If I've learned one immutable truth, it's that every business I join inevitably turns into a circus and sinking ship at the same time, leading to hilarious antics to share online while the business goes bankrupt and I'm getting assured I'm doing a great job the entire time.

Come work here, I need an in to the IT department cause getting newer stuff is like pulling teeth. I just got them to replace monitors that were 16 years old this week.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Those in the other thread know, but after 20 years in the same org, I got laid off. So if you got remote work openings hit me up. gently caress.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

A Frosty Witch posted:

i assure you that this is all businesses

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

our imaging guy, whom everyone suspects of having a second job because he's almost never in the office, is sure as poo poo in the office tonight to meet tomorrow's deadline for having completed the new image for our public pcs. i was wondering how that was going to go because i kept checking to see whether he had picked up the test machine i left on his desk and as of this morning he had not. currently it is 7:43 pm and he is thumping his keyboard and muttering "i hate this fuckin poo poo"

update:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:lol:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Got a ticket thats just the word "software"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dandywalken posted:

Got a ticket thats just the word "software"

Ive always wanted to submit this kind of ticket, but I know some rear end in a top hat would just route it back to me

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

New thread title please

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

A Frosty Witch posted:

He's not a licensed low-voltage vendor at all. Just some dude.

The hits just keep coming. The guy gets there to put in the patch panel and punch everything in.

Nothing works. The wiring guy is scratching his head. He has no clue why.

He sends this picture:

I just... there's pictures, my dude.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

maybe he's colorblind?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

but that's incredible

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

A Frosty Witch posted:

The hits just keep coming. The guy gets there to put in the patch panel and punch everything in.

He sends this picture:

He just ... ignored the colors? WTF?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I'd ask but...

That's none of my concern :smugbert:

*cue laughtrack*

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A Frosty Witch posted:

I'd ask but...

That's none of my concern :smugbert:

*cue laughtrack*

:hmmyes:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is the green wire from one cable stretched across into the punchdown for the adjacent socket?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Kurieg posted:

Is the green wire from one cable stretched across into the punchdown for the adjacent socket?

you just know it is

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

A Frosty Witch posted:

you just know it is

This is advanced crosstalk.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

That's just impressively wrong. Literally not a single wire correct. At least they're all consistent, anyway.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Yea, everything I can see in that picture looks consistent.

Consistently wrong, but still consistent.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah they're all following his own very specific fantasy order.

What color is the sky in your world? Orange-white

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This is incredible

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

A Frosty Witch posted:

He sends this picture:

I'm in awe of how inept that all is. Me and this crimper I got in 1996 are going to need a drink.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I only do data cabling for myself and friends (very important to not let work know that I can do it), and I only use tool-less keystone jacks now. I will never punch down or crimp a connector again.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I showed this to a friend of mine who's reaction was "if she wants to murder I can be a juror of her peers and would never convict", so... :v:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Data Graham posted:

Yeah they're all following his own very specific fantasy order.

What color is the sky in your world? Orange-white
I find myself wondering if the other end is the same order or if he's managed to get it differently wrong enough there to work if you patch everything with crossover cables instead of regular cables.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I showed this to a friend of mine who's reaction was "if she wants to murder I can be a juror of her peers and would never convict", so... :v:

Yeah a friend of mine asked who did this so he can visit with a baseball bat.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

A Frosty Witch posted:

He sends this picture:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WIRE INTO ITS SOCKET. ITS CAT5E AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START PUNCHING DOWN THE WIRES WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE COLOR GUIDE THING. I PUNCH EVERY WIRE AND I PUNCH IT DOWN HARD. MAKING MODEM NOISES WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CROSSTALK OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE COLOR ORDER. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MADE THE GALAXY'S MOST INEPT PATCH PANEL. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY POD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MY POD CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING THATS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. 2 HOURS INCLUDING PUNCHDOWN EVERY MORNING.

THEN I LIFT

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ConfusedUs posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WIRE INTO ITS SOCKET. ITS CAT5E AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START PUNCHING DOWN THE WIRES WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE COLOR GUIDE THING. I PUNCH EVERY WIRE AND I PUNCH IT DOWN HARD. MAKING MODEM NOISES WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CROSSTALK OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE COLOR ORDER. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MADE THE GALAXY'S MOST INEPT PATCH PANEL. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY POD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN MY POD CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING THATS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. 2 HOURS INCLUDING PUNCHDOWN EVERY MORNING.

THEN I LIFT

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

THEN I LIFT

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

THEN I LIFT

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ConfusedUs posted:

THEN I LIFT

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ConfusedUs posted:

THEN I LIFT

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I am not a fan of chain empty quoting

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware/Software Crap > [SPAM] FW: RE: MAKING MODEM NOISES WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CROSSTALK

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

A Frosty Witch posted:

He sends this picture:

Please do not enlighten him. You offered a qualified vendor. Let them come crawling to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Huh, wow, those are LSA modules as well (Krone), I thought everything in the USA was 110.