Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pixaal posted:

Hey check out this billionaire he'll give you $1 if you like his tweet and he tweets like 50 times a day! That's $50/day!

Would’ve been a hell of a lot cheaper than 44 billion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Real braintrust he's building here

https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1588616350250967040?t=mcNg2N9wc754-UBSewttyg&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How long has Elon Musk been a chud?

Why haven't I known this all along? Is it a recent development?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
“Free speech” = “stuff that *I* want to say”
“Activist” = “someone who supports a cause I disagree with”

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

kiimo posted:

Forever however the mask came off 2 years ago and its been getting worst and worst. He fired his PR department for tesla in 2020 and welp.

Vire fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 4, 2022

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

kiimo posted:

He's South African from a family of means so......

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

kiimo posted:

By an amazing coincidence, the exact same amount of time he's been wealthy

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

kiimo posted:

Relatively recent? A few weeks ago he posted how he used to vote Democrat, but they are too extreme so time to start goosestepping.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

He recently said his example of a moderate politician is would be Ron DeSantis, and it’s why he’s supporting him for 2024

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Blarghalt posted:

By an amazing coincidence, the exact same amount of time he's been wealthy

Probably right after he got all the gov't handouts that he needed to save Tesla and SpaceX and become a billionaire. Now he's suddenly a conservative against any additional gov't aid going to anyone else.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

He's a billionaire.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

kiimo posted:

probably forever but I think that time when people made fun of his stupid submarine thing is when he decided to go full mask-off

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kiimo posted:

Pretty much all along but once he lost all the liberals who thought he was going to be some billionaire savior he began showing his true colors in public

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

kiimo posted:

His brain broke one night and he posted some vile poo poo on Twitter and Grimez freaked out telling him to delete it because that's not who he is.

Then he started posting really weird poo poo saying "the left" made him a right wing nazi poo poo bag. Peoples brains just break and need mental help, but we have nothing available in the USA.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Philthy posted:

Peoples brains just break and need mental help, but we have nothing available in the USA.

Pretty sure musk has the means to get therapy, if that was something he wanted.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Its a combination of becoming increasingly wealthy and egotistical along with endless rewards from just saying crazy poo poo. If I could become the richest man on earth by promising self-driving taxis, I'd start to believe my own bullshit too

He also was previously very, very dependent on the California government specifically, since Governor Schwarzenegger shepherded along the deal to get Tesla into their Freemont factory after Toyota/GM closed it in 2010. They also got massive federal loans under the Obama admin as a clean energy industry (same green loans program as Solyndra)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ubersandwich posted:

Relatively recent? A few weeks ago he posted how he used to vote Democrat, but they are too extreme so time to start goosestepping.

LOL if you believe he ever voted for a democrat.

Hell, he's probably never voted because he has better means of getting the government to do what he wants.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1588623274262646785
Elon using the massively succesful business practice of sticking your fingers in your ears and loudly proclaiming that "LALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LALALA".

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Revins posted:

yeah as funny as all this has been it still pisses me off to see people, almost all of whom have the chud standard car selfie, being like "lol good luck with your stupid lawsuit idiots get a real job" to people who just lost their jobs to the whims of a megalomaniac

Absolute loving losers that would endlessly piss themselves if they didn't have access to social media calling anything that keeps social media running "not a real job".

I just can't take how staggeringly stupid chuds are.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Xakura posted:

Pretty sure musk has the means to get therapy, if that was something he wanted.

That's half the problem. Jump in a time machine and people like Musk and Kanye would have been committed and evaluated.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Counterpoint: If everybody is saying you're a flaming idiot, you should check whether your hair is on fire.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

LOL if you believe he ever voted for a democrat.

Hell, he's probably never voted because he has better means of getting the government to do what he wants.

100% There's this poo poo-rear end "aww shucks" sort of song and dance that hard right people like to put forth so they seem less extreme and deflect their horrible views. "Look what they made me do!"

Like many people here, I wish the dems were a quarter extreme as the right says. I get so tired of the song and dance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Philthy posted:

That's half the problem. Jump in a time machine and people like Musk and Kanye would have been committed and evaluated.
even back in the days where we were cutting out people's brains if they saw colors wrong they wouldnt have been committed, theyre rich. they would have just been sent to some manse in the woods to live with some hired help and never spoken of again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol if Musk walked back a bit he would probably get back his advertising.

He wouldn’t even have to mean it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There's an idea forming in my head where
1. Elon wants everyone to like him.
2. Elon understands why some people like him, but crucially does not understand why other people dislike him.
3. Elon doubles down on the things that make some people like him, doesn't realize that these same things are disliked by others.
4. GoTo 1

Probably more nuanced than that, someone help me workshop this.

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1588623274262646785
Elon using the massively succesful business practice of sticking your fingers in your ears and loudly proclaiming that "LALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LALALA".

lmfao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol if Musk walked back a bit he would probably get back his advertising.

He wouldn’t even have to mean it
near as i can tell he hasnt even actually presented anyone with an actual plan for new content moderation policies, he just keeps gesturing at free speech and 'both sides.' presumably hes scared to actually say 'yeah you can say the nword now'

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:laffo:

Alright, I'm back on board with comedy now being allowed on Twitter

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C-Euro posted:

2. Elon understands why some people like him, but crucially does not understand why other people dislike him.
3. Elon doubles down on the things that make some people like him, doesn't realize that these same things are disliked by others.
4. GoTo 1

Probably more nuanced than that, someone help me workshop this.

“gently caress around, find out!”

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Vire posted:

Forever however the mask came off 2 years ago and its been getting worst and worst. He fired his PR department for tesla in 2020 and welp.

The tipping point was in the first months of the pandemic when Fremont told him to limit capacity at the Tesla plant to stop his employees from dying and he refused. The reason he refused is because Tesla is not a car company; it is a company that generates EV tax credits that they sell to other companies. The number of credits they get is equal to "deliveries" in a quarter so anything that slows down the production line has a direct, immediate effect on his net worth in a way few other billionaires have to worry about.

Anyway refusing to do anything about covid for any reason automatically makes you a hero of the far right and Musk is going to drop everything to be hailed as a hero no matter the context.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That can't be real.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Endorph posted:

near as i can tell he hasnt even actually presented anyone with an actual plan for new content moderation policies, he just keeps gesturing at free speech and 'both sides.' presumably hes scared to actually say 'yeah you can say the nword now'

He's kinda boxed himself in at this point. He can't say "yeah you can use the n-word now" because then the advertisers will all start to pull out publicly. But at the same time he can't say "no, you still can't use the n-word" because that'd make all the people who currently shower him with love turn on him.

So that's pretty funny. Burn on your pyre of hubris, Elon!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

davecrazy posted:

That can't be real.

At this point, I’d believe it.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

I just refuse to believe it

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

C-Euro posted:

4. GoTo 1

Elon admitted he has autism, so it tracks that he would likely have difficulty with social cues. And this isn't meant to poo poo on people with a condition they're born with. That being said, I'm assuming at this point he's pretty much is years off the risperdal.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ubersandwich posted:

Literally every other loving conservative posts/says this except for Trump who was actually registered democrat until 06 and proposed weird mush-mash ideas like a one-time 10% tax on the wealthy to pay down the deficit during his 90s run

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

e: nvm, i am dumb

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 4, 2022

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

davecrazy posted:

That can't be real.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

e: nvm, i am dumb

e: I caught them being dumb but destroyed the evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/PatrickGKellyG/status/1588611343787053056?t=_IiicsfbVdHJDlhE9V4wUA&s=19