Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Reassuring to any ad people when he rapidly whipsaws between boring "Ads and moderation are very important to us" and " I WILL SHAME YOU ALL!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The man is a clear security risk and people should be purging their DMs and hoping twitter actually deletes things.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

luckily he probably fired the entire DM retrieval team

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope no one finds out I used twitter to call people racists.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

50:50 his first act was to download every recorded communication and hand them to this really cool and very smart dude he met in a bar immediately following his private phone call with Putin

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Hunter Biden's laptop has all the Twitter DMs

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
It’s still really hard not to see this as some 5th dimensional chess move because I refuse to believe someone could act this stupidly.

But maybe Musk doesn’t actually care about the money as much as he needs some sort of validation/win and even if it means taking a huge loss in Twitter, as long as he can save face and get some positive mainstream news articles about letting go of it, that’ll be enough?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s a stupid ignorant racist who has been spiraling between manic phases and abusing drugs for a long time

Think of how these kinds of people do in the real world. Not great

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
I was only on Twitter very briefly and never tweeted or DM'ed anyone, and just used it to follow wrestling stuff, miniature painting stuff, actors/comedians I liked, and cute animal pics/videos. So after having deactivated my account a while back when Elon first started this wonderful adventure of crashing the Twitter plane into the goddamn mountain, I have to say that I'm just glad all that stuff is available elsewhere on the Internet :)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

buglord posted:

It’s still really hard not to see this as some 5th dimensional chess move because I refuse to believe someone could act this stupidly.

But maybe Musk doesn’t actually care about the money as much as he needs some sort of validation/win and even if it means taking a huge loss in Twitter, as long as he can save face and get some positive mainstream news articles about letting go of it, that’ll be enough?

dude is just mega-dumb

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Ah yes, this content speaks to the Disney portfolio of brands. Where should we send our cash dollars, elom?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

buglord posted:

he won't get it though. same with trump, sure he also has chuds who will lick every fleck of poo poo off of musks rear end but musk doesnt get a THRILL from them, he wants everyone to treat him like they did 10 years ago, like irl tony stark. instead he is a joke to tons of folks and only conditionally liked by chuds.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The Something Awful Forums are back

the forums were never here

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he won't get it though. same with trump, sure he also has chuds who will lick every fleck of poo poo off of musks rear end but musk doesnt get a THRILL from them, he wants everyone to treat him like they did 10 years ago, like irl tony stark. instead he is a joke to tons of folks and only conditionally liked by chuds.

The day most people stopped seeing him as cool was the day he played Wario on SNL. It was fun to watch in real time as the overall view shifted. He's starting to become Wario to be honest.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DrPossum posted:

the forums were never here

Oh poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pixaal posted:

The day most people stopped seeing him as cool was the day he played Wario on SNL. It was fun to watch in real time as the overall view shifted. He's starting to become Wario to be honest.

yeah. musk is a sociopath and is empty as gently caress and takes big dumb wasteful risks in hopes for feeling flashes of validation. i think he legit thought if he bought twitter then everyone would love him and think he is super cool and he could be quirk main character of twitter but lol reality happened and now he will probably gently caress up so bad that we will probably be seeing straight up illegal poo poo on twitter soon or at least gently caress really gross worse poo poo because musk wanted to thanos snap the company and now the sites immune system is dead. so now he is getting poo poo on and enough of his hosed up sociopath brain doesnt like that so now he is trying to be trump and thinking that the companies need him more then he needs them. now he is playing full dumb poo poo and pissing more away.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 5, 2022

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
Apartheid-spawn billionaire tech-douches self-destructing whilst taking a cornerstone of skinner box social media down with them? You love to see it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Am surprised a Russian/Chinese/NKorean bot farm isn't spamming twitter with qanon conspiracies right now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

happyhippy posted:

Am surprised a Russian/Chinese/NKorean bot farm isn't spamming twitter with qanon conspiracies right now.

I think they are waiting for election night for this.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Like more than they normally do or?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goatface posted:

The man is a clear security risk and people should be purging their DMs and hoping twitter actually deletes things.

how is it that other legit multi million/billion dollar tech companies can have DM/PM leak without screenshotting them, but SA might have legit secure messages?

is it radium spaghetti code protecting us?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PhazonLink posted:

how is it that other legit multi million/billion dollar tech companies can have DM/PM leak without screenshotting them, but SA might have legit secure messages?

is it radium spaghetti code protecting us?

Security through obscurity, baby

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Somebody who still has an account should dm @dril and invite them to join SA. They are too beautiful to go down in this wreck. I'll pay for the account.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm starting to think that Elon Musk is a colossal shithead.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
It worked for Liz Truss... http://lettuce.wtf/

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

deoju posted:

Somebody who still has an account should dm @dril and invite them to join SA. They are too beautiful to go down in this wreck. I'll pay for the account.

You rang?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
jk, I'm terribly unfunny

As you probably already knew

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

This is where name and shame comes into play

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1588633034173349888?s=20&t=fgOlOUwu4MQKz_t-Yyln6A

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Effective-Disorder posted:

Apartheid-spawn billionaire tech-douches self-destructing whilst taking a cornerstone of skinner box social media down with them? You love to see it.

it's great isn't it? i'm just soaking it in

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

priznat posted:

Security through obscurity, baby

sa is like a big one-time-pad. there is literally no decipherable signal unless you're in on it

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Elon Musk watching Ed Edd n' Eddy to find his next avenue to scam people out of $0.25

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

Pretty sure dril is a former SA poster

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

pixaal posted:

Among other things wario is actually good at running his software company

EDIT: After doing further research on the MarioWiki I admit you were right. The resemblance is uncanny

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 5, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Not buying ads on a platform is extortion?

lol

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Flyinglemur posted:

jk, I'm terribly unfunny

As you probably already knew

I know you from the NHL threads for the last 15 years. You are still cool in my book. You posted a hi rez image of Maxim Talbot's celebration after his cup winner for me.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No he doesn't get the antisocial personality major debilitating sickness excuse, he's a prick who chose to turn off his humanity because it was convenient. The best that can be said is that his criminal family never taught him otherwise.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
When you don't do what fascists wants, that's the real fascism how dare you step on their freedoms. The free market is when I'm happy and you're sad and that's it.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Gentlemen, the moment has clearly arrived.

Post the date Twitter is sold or folds.

My pick: August 3rd, 2024.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Comstar posted:

Gentlemen, the moment has clearly arrived.

Post the date Twitter is sold or folds.

My pick: August 3rd, 2024.

August 2, 2024 :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
How's this:

The person who picks the correct date of when Twitter dies (or closest to) gets a free av change/upgrade

I'll take submissions for the next week or so, unless Twitter folds before then and then uh... I guess no one wins?