Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Twitter fixin to be h8stragram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Musk is going to crash twitter into nigh-uselessness, it'll be a money hole and he'll declare it a victory actually because woke moralists used to use it and now they can't. He'll sell it for 1/10 the price he paid to the first gigantic media conglomerate who comes knocking. Prob disney.

It'll take at least a year to shake out though cause he's real dumb.

Sold on April 20th (huehue get it le memes, still got it elon), 2024

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

April 20, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

2024 seems awfully generous considering the rate at which Musk is actively burning the site down around him. Something closer to January 1, 2023 wouldn't surprise me but that's not an official prediction; just a guess.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

The person who picks the correct date of when Twitter dies (or closest to) gets a free av change/upgrade

I'll take submissions for the next week or so, unless Twitter folds before then and then uh... I guess no one wins?

Bitch we all win in that case.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

June 25, 2023

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

The person who picks the correct date of when Twitter dies (or closest to) gets a free av change/upgrade

I'll take submissions for the next week or so, unless Twitter folds before then and then uh... I guess no one wins?

November 10th, 2022

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

2024 seems awfully generous considering the rate at which Musk is actively burning the site down around him. Something closer to January 1, 2023 wouldn't surprise me but that's not an official prediction; just a guess.

Thank u for clarifying that your post on somethingawfulforums is not an Official Prediction and shouldn’t be taken as such, rather it is simply a Guess, and therefore we will not bring legal proceedings in the event your Guess is incorrect.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

March 21, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

madmatt112 posted:

Thank u for clarifying that your post on somethingawfulforums is not an Official Prediction and shouldn’t be taken as such, rather it is simply a Guess, and therefore we will not bring legal proceedings in the event your Guess is incorrect.

Gotta protect myself against any class action lawsuits filed against me by Jeffrey.

e: More seriously, I'll say January 1, 2023. Never underestimate Musk's ability to fail in hilariously epic ways.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 5, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

I'll take Monday the 7th of November

edit: 2022

Convex fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 5, 2022

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
What the hell. Christmas Day, 2023.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

Dammit! Claimed. Ok, April 1, 2023 :hai:

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Twitter fixin to be h8stragram.

Incelgram.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Gotta protect myself against any class action lawsuits filed against me by Jeffrey.

e: gently caress it; I'll say January 1, 2023. never underestimate Musk's ability to fail in hilariously epic ways.

You just gave me a decent thread idea

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
June 30th 2023.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

Oct, 28th 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
I'm just grinning madly seeing these tweets

https://twitter.com/WiseTenderSnob/status/1588625596380512256

https://twitter.com/AioliChowder/status/1588695103417495553

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

March 28, 2024

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

June 21, 2024

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
April 20, 2023

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Who can kill what is already dead?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Among other things wario is actually good at running his software company

EDIT: After doing further research on the MarioWiki I admit you were right. The resemblance is uncanny

doesnt Wario, a 30something also creep on the underaged(17) yearold pizza delivery girl? maybe warioware timeline wario is bad and we should only remember wario land 1 platforming/ brawling wario.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Missed the chance to change Luigi into Wario.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

worm girl posted:

Incelgram.

little dick energy

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

September 6th, 2023

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
February 14, 2023

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Comstar posted:

Gentlemen, the moment has clearly arrived.

Post the date Twitter is sold or folds.

My pick: August 3rd, 2024.

next thursday

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

buglord posted:

It’s still really hard not to see this as some 5th dimensional chess move because I refuse to believe someone could act this stupidly.

But maybe Musk doesn’t actually care about the money as much as he needs some sort of validation/win and even if it means taking a huge loss in Twitter, as long as he can save face and get some positive mainstream news articles about letting go of it, that’ll be enough?

https://ez.substack.com/p/billionaire-brain-damage

Ed Zitron posted:

I think we may be past the point at which it makes sense to understand why he’s doing things. Musk is existentially impossible for more than 100 people to understand - he does not worry about having somewhere to sleep, or what to eat, or where to eat it, or how to get there, or whether his power bill or his car lease are paid. Musk does not have to worry about whether he will be able to pay for anything. In fact, acquiring Twitter may be the most Musk has had to think of the cost of something in some time - there is no consideration of how much it would be to buy something that regular people buy, just that it arrives in the amount of time he wishes.

Trying to understand billionaires defies most logic, because so many of the things we do are done with the white noise of decision-making - can we afford this? Should I do this? Will this be good for my career, or health? I’d love to go on a vacation - can I afford that? Oh, my friend’s sad because they’ve lost their job, which they need to pay for their bills. Musk can burn several of his companies to the ground and likely still have so much money that he can (if he has not already done so) eradicate every ounce of friction that a human being can experience.

This is what makes trying to understand him so difficult, and those who kiss up to him so utterly repulsive. Elon Musk does not need more adulation or support. He does not need to be told he is smart or successful and does not deserve any quarter or benefit of the doubt. The correlation of Musk making a great deal of money does not equal the causation of any particular intellectual superiority, but it is also very difficult to understand the mind of someone that does not experience human concerns. Musk’s chaotic mania makes sense only if you can envision a world in which you simply did not experience real challenges - he can afford or do almost anything, and he chooses to do what he is currently doing as a result.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
I'll take some of that action. August 6, 2023. Memorializing one nuke with another.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
It is surreal watching something that I spent a whole lot of time on, for better or worse, disintegrate in real time.

One person I follow on twitter predicted that there would be a huge security disaster and it may be better to delete your account before that happens. I thought that may have been an exaggeration but going by today...I dunno...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
June 16th, 2023.

This is a pro click

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Remember when Florida republicans got so mad that Disney said some wishy-washy stuff in defense of gay people that they rushed to pass a law to "punish" them?

The "punishment" was transferring billions of dollars of debt from being Disney's responsibility to pay to the citizens of Florida.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyway, I will go with September 9th, 2023

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
what are the odds this ends up with this idiot just taking his ball and going home and shutting down Twitter?

Because if he does that someone needs to goad him into buying facebook and reddit next.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Comstar posted:

Gentlemen, the moment has clearly arrived.

Post the date Twitter is sold or folds.

My pick: August 3rd, 2024.

ill take january 1st, 3000 BCE, bob

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

what are the odds this ends up with this idiot just taking his ball and going home and shutting down Twitter?

Because if he does that someone needs to goad him into buying facebook and reddit next.
wouldnt he still be on the hook for all of twitter's financial obligations?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How's this:

April 1 2023. I would've picked 2024 before this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ubersandwich posted:

Relatively recent? A few weeks ago he posted how he used to vote Democrat, but they are too extreme so time to start goosestepping.

lmao he's a white South African that massively benefited from and cryptically talks fondly about apartheid

fucks sake this planet

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 5, 2022