Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think will win the 2022 MLB World Series?
This poll is closed.
Mariners 32 20.65%
Blue Jays 13 8.39%
Rays 2 1.29%
Guardians 9 5.81%
Yankees 13 8.39%
Astros 12 7.74%
Phillies 10 6.45%
Braves 13 8.39%
Dodgers 22 14.19%
Padres 12 7.74%
Mets 10 6.45%
Cardinals 7 4.52%
Total: 155 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

If it makes the Astros haters happy, I'll admit this title is less special than 2017 was in the moment

Eat the bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I mean

2017 - WS Champs

2018 - ALCS

2019 - AL Champs

2020 - ALCS

2021 - AL Champs

2022 - WS Champs

That’s 4 pennants, 2 titles, and 6 straight division titles. That’s a Dynasty.

You have to actually win rings to have a dynasty, not league pennants.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone is gonna say the Dodgers are a dynasty.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Worst outcome on paper, but only because MLB didn't take it seriously for the past five years.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Imagine if they waited until now to vacate the 2017 championship

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what disgusting concoction is Intruder eating

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/michaelschwab13/status/1589122085414408193?s=19 this is perfect

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Whose gonna tell him that Dusty's had a ring since before this guy was born.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
itt post cool things about the Astros

quote:

It was Alvarez's third home run this postseason, all of which came while the Astros were trailing and gave them the lead. No other player had ever hit two of those in an entire postseason career.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Pungry posted:

Rings, plural, right? Like more than one? Like them

STROS

BITCH

?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Craptacular! posted:

Whose gonna tell him that Dusty's had a ring since before this guy was born.

FFS the ring Dusty won as a player isn't germane to this or anything. His lack of a ring as a manager has always been the albatross hanging over his otherwise legendary managerial career.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Seriously let's just be happy for Dusty. Dude slayed the dragon.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I am happy for Dusty and I also like Verlander. I am also happy for (most) of the Astros posters here! There’s a few guys that seem to be happier that they can snipe at other posters / teams than they are that their team won. That’s kinda weird to me, but I am Canadian so maybe I just don’t get it. Anyway, Blue Jays are gonna win next year. :)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Maldonado played the series with a broken hand and will have sports hernia surgery

:stare:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

would have been funnier if Dusty beat the Dodgers and got to destroy mark prior again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Maldonado played the series with a broken hand and will have sports hernia surgery

and somehow got more hits in the playoffs than he did all season

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Grats Astros goons

Ammat The Ankh posted:

FFS the ring Dusty won as a player isn't germane to this or anything. His lack of a ring as a manager has always been the albatross hanging over his otherwise legendary managerial career.

I feel like having a championship ring from the peak of your sports profession regardless of if it comes as manager or player is pretty germane. It's not like he's some hapless never saw the promised land ever guy.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 6, 2022

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

By the way Philly fans, you got the Eagles going to the Super Bowl so treat this WS as an appetizer

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
Can't spell Philadelphia Phillies without four Ls.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Pungry posted:

Rings is plural and we got 2.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Sab0921 posted:

Rings is plural and we got 2.

Congrats Astros fans.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Actually that's 3 straight division titles followed by a year where a team that was below .500 in the shortened regular season went to the ALCS followed by 2 straight division titles.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I appreciate all the posters popping up to try to make us unhappy about our favorite team winning the World Series :shobon:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

I appreciate all the posters popping up to try to make us unhappy about winning the World Series :shobon:

Enjoy it. Winning is fun.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

I appreciate all the posters popping up to try to make us unhappy about our favorite team winning the World Series :shobon:

It's loving whitenoise salty posters. Gonna be at that parade on Monday.

Btw its a dynasty. Sorry folks.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 6, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Squall posted:

Enjoy it. Winning is fun.

I'm enjoying it

also you caught me pre-edit :lol: I don't want to be one of those fans who conflated their team's success with their own

Watching the Astros win in a year when they were supposed to be watching their window close was great. I'm sure there'll always be people who claim they escaped facing the Dodgers, Braves and Mets but the Phillies were game. Congrats to Phillies fans, what a run they had

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Will we get to vote for what weird thing you have to make and eat intruder ?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1589092279704518657?s=46&t=XsElbqAfG91U7UdYd_SZhw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pungry posted:

It actually only matters how many dynasty points you obtain

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I bought matching championship t shirts for me and my toddler and I’m excited to wear them

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I had three full-on close calls with drunks nearly demolishing me on the freeway driving home after the game, so please celebrate safely and do not loving drive if you’re drinking tonight, astroposters. Especially since bars are open an extra hour with daylight savings.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1589096409751584771?s=46&t=734jwn1wiYWjAk7WE2QHdA

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The stros put together a drat good baseball team and it's cool for the players/fans that they won a clean one.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ilmucche posted:

The stros put together a drat good baseball team and it's cool for the players/fans that they won a clean one.

There will be two gold banners in left field friend!

George Springer is world series MVP forever.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Intruder posted:

Hernias loving suck and I'd be afraid to play a sport with the potential for physical contact with one, especially catcher.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Red posted:

Hernias loving suck and I'd be afraid to play a sport with the potential for physical contact with one, especially catcher.

Can confirm, just finished recovering from having mine repaired after waiting a year and a half for surgery.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Gerblederp posted:

Can confirm, just finished recovering from having mine repaired after waiting a year and a half for surgery.

I feel lucky, between discovery and surgery it'll be just a little over a month. In the meantime, I just walk around pushing stuff back in or wearing a little strap. :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I mean

2017 - WS Champs

2018 - ALCS

2019 - AL Champs

2020 - ALCS

2021 - AL Champs

2022 - WS Champs

lmfao

Not even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Lol