Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I want to hear a lot more from Meen and MSRR today. Meen I want to hear from with regards to being a Random Visitor/Messenger (I did not get a message if there was one delivered) and both claimed they don't do reads Day 1. I want their Day 2 reads.

Oh and as I'm writing this there's MSSR hi buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

Oh and as I'm writing this there's MSSR hi buddy

waddup bud

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

nm nm just doing my due diligence

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Monathin posted:

werd - we've got two flips so that's enough to start building suspicions off of, but I'm not sure I'll have enough to put together a full-length Case Post until later.

I'm still looking Iggy's way atm - who's at the top of your hit list?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
HCT, you hammered Illusionis because you were not feeling Meen.

Do you believe the vote D1 was split between two townies?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Personally I'd like to hear from Windward, mainly what was up with her constant push on Hal, but not really pushing, just gonna keep mentioning him:

WindwardAway posted:

Probably keeping my vote on Meen
I think Hal's a decent wagon proposal but as I said earlier, I think Meen has been scummier
My opinion of Monathin has definitely gone up since earlier in the day so I'm not interested in voting there now
Aside from the caveat that I haven't seen binus's scum game, I don't think I've seen anything scummy, so I'm also not voting him today
Also think Re-Reg's answer to my question was pretty reasonable and didn't come across as contrived
Everyone else I'm pretty neutral on 🤷

WindwardAway posted:

It's more that I think Hal is a fallback if nothing else tbh
Not gonna lie, I feel like I'm just bandwagoning the idea because it exists as an option and I'm not opposed to it. I wouldn't even say I scumread him; he's just a null for me.

WindwardAway posted:

I said Hal is a null so far and that I think Meen is scummier. I'm not forcing the Hal case.

WindwardAway posted:

Because I've heard people say the same thing about Hal in previous games
And also I've played with Hal in previous games and I haven't played with all the other people I have nulls on
I'm more focused on Hal in particular because I have at least some experience with him.

Getting a certain "Hal delenda est" vibe here.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

who scum

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

You two wanna tell me why me voting for the person I said I'd vote for - and not the person who turned out to be town - is weird?

Should be pretty obvious. When one person is at -1 and instead you opt to put someone else at -1 that looks bad in the moment no matter what. Yes, it was consistent with what you said before, but if Illu was actually scum or if HCT opted to vote Meen instead (and he flipped town) then your vote immediately looks much, much worse.

Speaking of, HCT when you're here, why did you hammer Illu instead of Meen? You said you didn't think Meen is scum then, sure, but you also repeatedly called Illu town beforehand as well, so what changed there?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

Personally I'd like to hear from Windward, mainly what was up with her constant push on Hal, but not really pushing, just gonna keep mentioning him:

Something I learned observing Masons Mafia is to never call Wind town early. There's now enough stuff to do the opposite, though!

##vote Wind

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
##vote Meen

That end of day wagon movement sure was something
And I suspect scum was on the chopping block

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My Second Re-Reg posted:

werd - we've got two flips so that's enough to start building suspicions off of, but I'm not sure I'll have enough to put together a full-length Case Post until later.

I'm still looking Iggy's way atm - who's at the top of your hit list?

hard to say atm - want to go back and look how the three-way tie started and then resolved to a 2-way tie. everyone had their hands on the ball so that's helpful for vote analysis.

wologar posted:

who scum

wanna look at the people voting lotus and who jumped off from that - bif was super town and was also the one bringing up "if illusionis flips town lotus is the first one to look at", would not be surprised if bif was killed to preemptively silence scumhunting on lotus today

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Lotus and Monathin are also on my scum list

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Lotus Aura posted:

Should be pretty obvious. When one person is at -1 and instead you opt to put someone else at -1 that looks bad in the moment no matter what. Yes, it was consistent with what you said before, but if Illu was actually scum or if HCT opted to vote Meen instead (and he flipped town) then your vote immediately looks much, much worse.

Speaking of, HCT when you're here, why did you hammer Illu instead of Meen? You said you didn't think Meen is scum then, sure, but you also repeatedly called Illu town beforehand as well, so what changed there?

That's because HCT and Meen are scumbuds.

"But that would be way too obvious", I hear you say.

Well, yes.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

But I want to resolve the flip we should've gotten yesterday instead of swerving off

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Man, that was kind of a cool power Bif had. I guess Maerlyn wasn't content with making up roles for 13 songs, she wanted more work. As for other night action stuff, I did not receive any kind of message last night, for what that's worth.

This is really making me doubt Iggy, though, message or no, because yeah turns out last-hour swerves always end up with some random townie getting killed instead of scum. If Iggy is really scum then there's got to be more scum on that Illusionis wagon; Bif is dead, so Monathin, binus, Iggy, Lotus, Cloaca. Need to read some stuff.

wologar posted:

HCT, you hammered Illusionis because you were not feeling Meen.

Do you believe the vote D1 was split between two townies?

I'm torn. I'm back in the territory where if Iggy is scum, then this was a swerve and as mentioned there's probably scum on that wagon. But if he's town, then that's pointing more towards Lotus being scum and the second swerve was to get away from Lotus getting lunched. The question I need to answer for myself now is to what extent Illusionis flipping town makes me feel worse about Iggy. I think I need to read some of the EOD votes and who voted what when because no matter what there was some kind of fuckery going on there.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Lotus Aura posted:

What changed was we were 10 minutes to deadline and a no lunch always sucks, so what was I supposed to do? There were no other wagons to choose from so I went with Illusionis because I thought Meen was more town than Illusionis.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

WindwardAway posted:

But I want to resolve the flip we should've gotten yesterday instead of swerving off

I still want to vote Meen, but isn't this the same thinking that made town lose in Masons Mafia?

We don't talk about hot tubs here.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Lotus Aura posted:

.... sorry, still doesn't make any sense to me. Like, legitimately not trying to be a dick here, I just don't understand how "being consistent in their convictions" makes someone more sus.

I, personally, would look at someone saying "I'd rather vote for XXXX" several times suddenly swapping their vote to YYYY when there's a decent chance XXXX could be voted off as way more suspicious.

Not that anyone did anything like that when it came to voting Illusionis over Iggy. Nope, not at all.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Cloacamazing! posted:

don't like this post at all, if you wanna build a case for windward sure but continuing to harp on the hal posts feels really weird and smokescreen-y when we have fresh content vis a vis illusionis flip/bif flip/end of day votes

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Cloacamazing! posted:

Well, I saw a recent scum game of his and he was pretty tonally consistent with his town game but was lower on solving contribution.

And Meen was the one who pitched the lurking scum Hal idea, and I scumread him for most of yesterday, so logically, I wouldn't vote somewhere I think scum is pushing.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

Something I learned observing Masons Mafia is to never call Wind town early. There's now enough stuff to do the opposite, though!

##vote Wind

Bro i was town in Masons Mafia

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

That's because HCT and Meen are scumbuds.

"But that would be way too obvious", I hear you say.

Well, yes.

Oh yeah, HCT is also on my scum list for the hammer.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

wanna look at the people voting lotus and who jumped off from that - bif was super town and was also the one bringing up "if illusionis flips town lotus is the first one to look at", would not be surprised if bif was killed to preemptively silence scumhunting on lotus today

I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that Lotus is suspicious and that their voters D1 are also suspicious?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

I still want to vote Meen, but isn't this the same thinking that made town lose in Masons Mafia?

We don't talk about hot tubs here.

The difference is that we didn't resolve RWC early in that game, and she got left until LyLo which was bad.
We're only on day 2 here. I don't want Meen hanging around till LyLo.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

WindwardAway posted:

Bro i was town in Masons Mafia

I was referring to salad calling you town D1 and you relentlessly pursuing his D1 lunch for it. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Monathin posted:

hard to say atm - want to go back and look how the three-way tie started and then resolved to a 2-way tie. everyone had their hands on the ball so that's helpful for vote analysis.

Illu and I were tied second at 3 each, with Meen as slight leader at 4, until I voted for Illusionis putting him tied with Meen. After that, Bif switched off me and onto Illusionis, despite thinking I was more suspicious than he was, which might be what brought it down to those two instead? Cloacamazing!'s the only one who swapped off me after that though, so hard to say for sure.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

I was referring to salad calling you town D1 and you relentlessly pursuing his D1 lunch for it. :v:

Oh lmao

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Lotus Aura posted:

Illu and I were tied second at 3 each, with Meen as slight leader at 4, until I voted for Illusionis putting him tied with Meen. After that, Bif switched off me and onto Illusionis, despite thinking I was more suspicious than he was, which might be what brought it down to those two instead? Cloacamazing!'s the only one who swapped off me after that though, so hard to say for sure.

I swapped off you, but onto Meen.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wologar posted:

I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that Lotus is suspicious and that their voters D1 are also suspicious?

Yeah, lemme explain it a little clearer:

- Lotus got enough traction to be part of the 3-way tie, and then built a case for illusionis which I agreed with since I already thought Illusionis was scum at the time. Mea culpa.

- Bif looked at the post and thought it was overexplaining and suggested that if Illusionis is town, Lotus feels scummy as a result.

- Everyone voted EoD, which means there were scum on the vote, and Illusionis was town, which means that scum would jump to that vote

- Bif is dead and flipped town and would have likely pushed Lotus today, but can't, due to being dead.

- Scum, imo, would likely have voted Lotus ('light bus') and then switched off at first opportunity. It's not 100% this happened but I want to analyze votes to find correlations there if they exist. We know Bif was on Lotus, as well.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote mona

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

wologar posted:

I swapped off you, but onto Meen.

Yeah, but that just changed the 4/3/3 from me in front to Meen in front unless I'm misreading votefinder's EoD post. Still could've gone any way at that point, I think

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

##vote mona

lmao c'mon b

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Monathin posted:

Yeah, lemme explain it a little clearer:

- Lotus got enough traction to be part of the 3-way tie, and then built a case for illusionis which I agreed with since I already thought Illusionis was scum at the time. Mea culpa.

- Bif looked at the post and thought it was overexplaining and suggested that if Illusionis is town, Lotus feels scummy as a result.

- Everyone voted EoD, which means there were scum on the vote, and Illusionis was town, which means that scum would jump to that vote

- Bif is dead and flipped town and would have likely pushed Lotus today, but can't, due to being dead.

- Scum, imo, would likely have voted Lotus ('light bus') and then switched off at first opportunity. It's not 100% this happened but I want to analyze votes to find correlations there if they exist. We know Bif was on Lotus, as well.

Ok, makes sense. Except point 4; Bif would have pushed for Opop, across games.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Everyone has posted D2 except Hal, GDE and the man himself.

Can anyone confirm that Meen visited you?

HCT he didn't receive any message. I didn't, either.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Monathin posted:

So I've been thinking along these same lines too. The people who had ever voted Lotus were binus, wologar, Bif and Cloaca; binus's vote was very early though, early enough to be a joke or pressure or probing vote or whatever you want to call what binus does. But I'm also going back to thinking about this:

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve had my eye on lotus. I’ve got lotus and rereg at the top of my scum list

And I scum claimed last night to see how people would respond.I noticed a lot of people were clearing me as town yesterday which I thought was weird. There’s definitely scum trying to pocket me with the binus is town posts.

But yes, I would vote lotus today. Over meen for sure

But then he never does, even when the wagon on Lotus is building up, and then he votes Illusionis instead? I'm not sure I buy this "oh dear did I never unvote? whoops" thing today. I mean I thought binus was town, it's true, but that excuse is kinda flimsy when he had ample opportunity to break the tie and vote Iggy if that's who he preferred.

I need to read more of wologar and Cloaca's posts I think, I'm a little wary about wologar seemingly want to suggest me and Iggy are scumbuds today (without Iggy even flipping yet, we don't know that he's scum and I'm still 50-50 that he isn't). Feels like trying to see if anyone is willing to go along with that case. Need to read Cloaca more. I'm not sure the obsession with Windward's obsession with Hal is the weirdest thing to want to ask about, honestly.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Me neither.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

That was about the Iggy visit

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

That was about the Iggy visit

It probably applies to HCT's closing statement. Post economy!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

wologar posted:

Ok, makes sense. Except point 4; Bif would have pushed for Opop, across games.

lmao ok fair and true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I probably would have voted lotus.

Also wologar and cloacamazing are my top town reads atm fwiw