Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

elon asleep, post grey chek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

that was fast

https://twitter.com/mikesington/status/1591034796033323009?s=46&t=tkWBbeRXUKz1BacBJD7mjw

confirmed it’s gone from the iOS app now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dijkstracula posted:

wonder if The Case Of The Flickering Greycheck is less frantic lever-pulling and more the death rattle of some caches deep inside the Twitter stack

turning it back on last night was definitely intentional by someone

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1590967221769076736

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/jenniigalaxy/status/1591057569552142337

its true. try it yourself

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

my dopamine receptors are not going to be able to handle losing this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao self quote:

Carthag Tuek posted:

i bet deployment is all hosed up and there are several different versions running in prod right now

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dijkstracula posted:

my dopamine receptors are not going to be able to handle losing this
It's 09:45 on the east coast; they'll gently caress something else up by noon.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol, but this isn't exactly uncommon. I actually like shipping source maps in production builds because it makes troubleshooting easier. who cares if someone might see un-minified javascript?

this isn't calling anything unless you have dev tools open and it will allow people on twitter's vpn to see the un-minified source when debugging. it's probably done on purpose.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

lousy hat posted:

of all the dumb things this is what got me most. I know he mostly got lucky in the first dotcom boom, but I would have thought that 20+ years in VC stuff would make anyone realize that headcount might actually be linked to revenue and that morale is a thing. “just reduce the denominator and boom free money”

at least we got the mahalo pint-of-bourbon-old-fashioned out of him being an idiot

The thing about VC investors, and especially ones like Calicanis, is that they invest in hundreds of companies and if even one pays off they consider themselves geniuses and not just lucky.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3d94pxVRQU&t=91s

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

akadajet posted:

lol, but this isn't exactly uncommon. I actually like shipping source maps in production builds because it makes troubleshooting easier. who cares if someone might see un-minified javascript?

this isn't calling anything unless you have dev tools open and it will allow people on twitter's vpn to see the un-minified source when debugging. it's probably done on purpose.
On the other hand: if this was standard practise wouldn't it have been noticed before elon's purchase?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

everyone (verified and twitter blue) now have blue checkmarks on my end

we're going to get different design schemes tested in prod until he gets less backlash huh

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
holy gently caress :iceburn:

https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/1590911184944914434

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

this is the equivalent of hotlinking a local file in a marketing email isn't it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAUXTON posted:

yes it's big img_4346.jpg energy, but now you can't do development without loving up production. it is absolutely not an accelerator at all. its just taking 'move fast, break things' literally

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FAUXTON posted:

if by "local file" you mean "debugging build of the entire platform on a company intranet" then sure

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1591069642260647939
https://twitter.com/NotABigJerk/status/1591063590303576064

how long can this even last

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fuckin ghost employees ????????

i have no words

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
hahahaha ghost employees

lmfao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the bots are coming from inside the building

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I wonder if the people who talked him out of illegally firing all those people regret doing so now that it's clear twitter won't survive anyway

also lol @ :ghost: ghost employees, :ghost: I'm guessing it happened once at one of his companies and now is obsessed with it

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Is the story in two years going to be that musk intentionally and aggressively destroyed twitter in the course of two weeks because twitter was bad and that was his plan all along, or do you think they're going to roll with the idea it's sjw groups pressuring advertisers to abandon the platform because they envy musk's brilliance?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dijkstracula posted:

wonder if The Case Of The Flickering Greycheck is less frantic lever-pulling and more the death rattle of some caches deep inside the Twitter stack
I want to believe that some employee was desperately trying to save the site before all the companies decided to leave and restored it, only to be immediately fired by Musk

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Carthag Tuek posted:

fuckin ghost employees ????????

Muskin' makes me feel good

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

RokosCockatrice posted:

Is the story in two years going to be that musk intentionally and aggressively destroyed twitter in the course of two weeks because twitter was bad and that was his plan all along, or do you think they're going to roll with the idea it's sjw groups pressuring advertisers to abandon the platform because they envy musk's brilliance?

musk will try to push the first one but everyone knows he's just dumb

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

qirex posted:

I wonder if the people who talked him out of illegally firing all those people regret doing so now that it's clear twitter won't survive anyway

they definitely got fired too lmao

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
that makes it way funnier when you factor in that this whole event was kicked off when musk had some sub-par customer service experience getting his account unlocked

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

rip twitter, thought of monetisation and died

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

they're all just jealous. jealous of the checkmark

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

greycheck watch: it now means “advertiser”

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1591082807237185539

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

also lol @ :ghost: ghost employees, :ghost: I'm guessing it happened once at one of his companies and now is obsessed with it

He watched Office Space and got fixated on Milton

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i'm sure that will help for the like two accounts that are actual advertisers

no, i can't see any issues with this at all. well played

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RokosCockatrice posted:

that makes it way funnier when you factor in that this whole event was kicked off when musk had some sub-par customer service experience getting his account unlocked
I thought it was that kid who was osint tracking the Muskjet

he bid 5k
kid wanted 50k and a Tesla
instead musk bought twitter

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmao they're blackmailing/extorting the advertisers that bailed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nessus posted:

I thought it was that kid who was osint tracking the Muskjet

he bid 5k
kid wanted 50k and a Tesla
instead musk bought twitter

that was a while ago though. he started this take over immediately after having his account locked and forgetting his 2fa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

lmao they're blackmailing/extorting the advertisers that bailed

its fine. i have it on good authority no individual public figures use twitter